Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

If unable to connect via Minion starting 03-30-2024 - read linked forum thread

Jacozilla
Jacozilla
✭✭✭✭✭
As of tonight (calendar date 03-30-2024), Minion started to fail on hundreds+ people, so assumption is not local PC or user error. There are handful, if any, concurrent people reading the esoui tech forum, but as of right now it's 300+. So good guess we're all in same boat of unable to use Minion to update ESO.

If you're having similar 'cannot connect to internet' error issue with Minion 3.x, read this thread on esoui forum - https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49632#post49632

The cause as noted in log file is some java cert error - or at least what the system believes is that issue and triggered by something else that blames it on that. Given the common situation, reinstalling the app, playing around with firewall settings, etc will be waste of time as the core issue does not seem to be local PC or user error in setting up antivirus, firewall, etc settings.

Just an FYI for ppl starting to see this later today.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 30, 2024 6:53PM
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, was guessing that too as I've checked my firewall and it has been unchanged and yesterday minion worked fine on the same setting. It is something you would expect upon first install but not after years of use. So I guess a broken minion or utility update.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.

I always run Minion the first time I log into ESO each day, just to check for any updates, and I got that message this morning. It did lead to me realising my router had (literally) fallen over, but that didn't affect the PCs internet connection so I wasn't sure what was going on with Minion, and without this thread I wouldn't have known where to look for info.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • LegendaryLoppers
    LegendaryLoppers
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the heads up.

Alas I read the post too late and did indeed waste time with said steps of troubleshooting, to no avail.

There are several people in my guild having this problem, too.
    LegendaryLoppers (PC EU)
    Options
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info.
    For the Covenant!
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same problem here. I ran Minion roughly 10 hours ago and it worked fine, and **nothing** on my PC has changed since then.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Ishamaeli
    Ishamaeli
    ✭✭
    It's good to know I wasn't the only one who tried six different tricks to get Minion working before realising I could check the official forums... Same as everyone else, Minion worked just fine yesterday.

The ONLY difference since then is a Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender - KB2267602 (v. 1.407.819.0) that was installed today. This happened automatically before I tried to launch Minion; however, temporarily shutting off the Windows Firewall does not fix the issue so I'm tempted to call it unrelated.
    Edited by Ishamaeli on March 30, 2024 11:20AM
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I found this. Thanks.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, I guess I can put off reinstalling mods today!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a workaround: Java version, but not an .exe file still works
    Java version of Minion is downloadable https://minion.mmoui.com/?download
    you download zip archive, unzip, double click Minion-jfx.jar and voila!
    PC EU
    Options
  • Æxiled
    Æxiled
    Soul Shriven
    Oh wonderful, thank you for the information, been investigating for 30 minutes already, glad I'm not the only one then.
    Good day everyone.
    Options
  • Quick_Talos87
    Quick_Talos87
    ✭✭
    According to someone on the ESOUI forums it appears that file locations have been moved on the server end, and due to this the app has become useless. Unfortunately until the creator or creators of Minion address this there is simply nothing we can do. The app is just stuck searching for files on the server end that don't exist. Anyway, good luck y'all.
    Options
  • Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, Minion worked about 13 hours ago just fine, and now it doesn't. Hopefully they get this resolved soon. Thanks Zen.
    Stam Sorc ~ Ride Simpletree
    Pet Sorc ~ Scrupulous Simpletree
    Mag Warden ~ Sinister Simpletree
    Necro ~ Mystic Simpletree

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
    —Every single guard, everywhere.
    Options
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Works with the Java version. Super great I've made the flatpak on Linux which uses the Java version essentially so we're not affected by this.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, thanks for that Java version, it works :smile:
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an update to Minion has been released. I am trying it now

https://minion.gg/?download

https://www.esoui.com/community.php

Does not seem to work
    Edited by Nestor on March 30, 2024 3:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Multiple folks are saying the new version won't run, and my machine won't even let me download it (getting the error "Virus Scan Failed.")
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Hamish999
      Hamish999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Multiple folks are saying the new version won't run, and my machine won't even let me download it (getting the error "Virus Scan Failed.")

Doesn't run for me either.
      PC-EU
      Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
      Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
      Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
      Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
      Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
      Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
      Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
      Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
      Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
      Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
      Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
      Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
      Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
      Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
      Options
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Hamish999 wrote: »

Doesn't run for me either.

Yep. No Joy, even trying running as Admin.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    • gamergirldk
      gamergirldk
      ✭✭✭✭
      yeah i cant install new version either,
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I found out that I had a second virus program running in the background that I thought I had removed from my system a while ago. I guess this was what was generating the "Virus Scan Failed" error I was getting.

Anyway, after I turned that off, I was able to download the new version of Minion.

I uninstalled version 3.0.11 before installing the new 3.0.12, and it is working as it should.

SO make sure you uninstall the old version before you install the new.
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • gamergirldk
        gamergirldk
        ✭✭✭✭
        oki for some reason i needed to restart my pc, its working now
        Options
      • Widmore815
        Widmore815
        Soul Shriven
        Thanks for this. Glad it wasn't just me, and this saved me time planning to try and troubleshoot anything.
        Options
      • RandomKodiak
        RandomKodiak
        ✭✭✭✭
        Minion's certificate ran out. You have to uninstall Minion and the appdata folder for it, then reinstall. Do not forget to go into the tiny gear settings top right after it is installed and tell it to deep search to 6. Then close and reopen Minion. Works again for me after I did that. Hope this helps

You will not lose your addons as those are stored on your computer not with the minion app
        Options
      • ziggy29
        ziggy29
        ✭✭✭
        Can confirm that uninstall/reinstall worked. Interestingly, I also run on a Mac that launches Minion through a script since it no longer works directly on a Mac... and it found and updated to 3.0.12 without any problems or having to do any of this. Maybe it has to do with the Java release?
        Options
      • belial5221_ESO
        belial5221_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭
        Remember once scan for addon folder,you have to close minion and reopen it to get it to show addons.I changed path for minion install to program files,cause it's odd they put it in appdata/local folder.
        Edited by belial5221_ESO on March 30, 2024 4:50PM
        Options
      • Oznog666
        Oznog666
        ✭✭✭
        I did a uninstall and reinstall and also I cleaned the registry afterwards and deleted the minion folder I did not need to scan for the addon folder, everything was there after a restart. Strange but its working
        Options
      • Lykeion
        Lykeion
        ✭✭✭✭
        Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Minion solves the problem. Overwriting the installation can cause additional problems, so don't do it!
        Options
      • Jacozilla
        Jacozilla
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        FYI - the newest Minion 3.0.12 resolves the expired java cert issue preventing connection.

Prior latest version was 3.05, and installing 3.0.12 works whether reinstall on top or uninstall old version completely. (e.g. you don't need to use option to completely remove + delete all config files if don't want to re-setup options, file paths, etc.)

Tested on main plus 2nd PC and simple uninstall while keeping config file directory worked fine.
        Options
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Latest version prior to 3.0.12 was 3.0.11, and I do not recommend installing the new on top of the old.
        That caused problems for lots of folks.

Uninstall the old version before installing the new.
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • FafiQ_xP
          FafiQ_xP
          ✭✭✭
          Where config files of minion are stored so I can backup? Does anyone know path? I wanna try uninstall and install new version but do not want to set up minion settings again.
          Edited by FafiQ_xP on March 30, 2024 6:51PM
          For the Covenant!
          Options