Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If unable to connect via Minion starting 03-30-2024 - read linked forum thread

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FafiQ_xP wrote: »
    Where config files of minion are stored? Does anyone know path? I wanna try uninstall and install new version but do not want to set up minion settings again.

Do not delete the config files when asked during the uninstallation.

I had to uninstall the old version, but I did not let it delete the config files. I kept those and installed the new version. Everything worked fine.
    Edited by virtus753 on March 30, 2024 6:52PM
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Where config files of minion are stored? Does anyone know path? I wanna try uninstall and install new version but do not want to set up minion settings again.

I had to uninstall the old version, but I did not let it delete the config files. I kept those and installed the new version. Everything worked fine.

When I try to uninstall, it asks me if I want to continue and remove all components of minion, if I do this will it keep config files?
    Edited by FafiQ_xP on March 30, 2024 6:59PM
    For the Covenant!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the General Help section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to just delete it all,esle issues can arise since it saving other data too.Only thing you gotta setup is path to addons,so complete uninstall is best.
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    Latest version prior to 3.0.12 was 3.0.11, and I do not recommend installing the new on top of the old.
    That caused problems for lots of folks.

Uninstall the old version before installing the new.

As of 03-29-2024, the lastest version downloadable from esoui.com was 3.05. I verified this because like many other people, I tried reinstalling Minion as first step of trying to correct the error.

There may have been 3.0.11 or some other version floating around obtained from other sources, but it literally changed from latest public version being 3.05 on 03-29-204 to 3.0.12 very early morning of 03-30-2024

e.g. I went to bed ~1:00 AM on 03-30-2024 and it was still giving 3.05 as latest version from esoui.com via the Download link. Then today, waking up ~9:00 AM, it had changed to 3.012. So not sure where you got v3.011 from, but the website was only providing 3.05 yesterday, then changed multiple versions to 3.012 sometime early today.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    I only got an "Update" minion window. I click later as this issue did not affect me. One of the many advantages of running Linux. (The one that helps power the Steamdeck OS.)
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I removed the existing Minion directory then installed the new version, and it runs fine. I did try installing the new one in the same directory as the old without deleting the old first, but then found that Minion doesn't start up properly, and there were no error messages. This doesn't affect its config files, by the way, because they're in a different location to the app.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth did this thread get moved into 'General Help' ? It belongs in 'Addons & UI Mods', obviously, since Minion is an addon management tool.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where config files of minion are stored so I can backup? Does anyone know path? I wanna try uninstall and install new version but do not want to set up minion settings again.

Using Explorer look in the folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Minion". If not there, it means you do not have a Minion folder under %LOCALAPPDATA%.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • ShadowsGothicAngel
    I thought I was the only one who had this issue..
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jacozilla wrote: »
    So not sure where you got v3.011 from

Anyone who had Minion set to auto update had the most recent version prior to 3.0.12, which was 3.0.11.
    Read the thread that you linked to in your OP. Ask the addon authors what the most recent version was prior to today.
    3.0.5 was an old version.

PC/NA Warden Main
    • Threemoons
      Threemoons
      ✭✭✭
      Same here, thanks for headsup, won't play around with reinstall until Minion figures itself out.
      Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    • NeoniKa
      NeoniKa
      ✭✭✭
      DinoZavr wrote: »
      there is a workaround: Java version, but not an .exe file still works
      Java version of Minion is downloadable https://minion.mmoui.com/?download
      you download zip archive, unzip, double click Minion-jfx.jar and voila!

I did that but when I click Minion-jfx.jar it opens on WinRAR. I extracted all but couldn't find any way to start it.
    • Aendruu
      Aendruu
      ✭✭✭
      I uninstalled Minion but kept the config files, and installed version 3.0.12. It now works fine, so many thanks to the devs for the fix! I look forward to the soon-to-be-released Minion 4 client.
      "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
      - Regring the Spinner
    • Kindiz
      Kindiz
      Soul Shriven
      Can confirm!

Uninstalled Minion. Did NOT delete settings!!

Reinstalled new version of Minion.

Had to kill the process after reinstall because it wouldn't boot properly.

Started Minion.

Et voila, everything now works perfectly! :disappointed:

Version 3.0.12
      Lady Bogwitch of the Frozen yet Moist Tundra
    • Kindiz
      Kindiz
      Soul Shriven
      Where config files of minion are stored so I can backup? Does anyone know path? I wanna try uninstall and install new version but do not want to set up minion settings again.

Just don't delete settings when prompted during the uninstall. :)
      Lady Bogwitch of the Frozen yet Moist Tundra
    • phairdon
      phairdon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Glad I found this. Thanks.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!
      Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I uninstalled it and reinstalled this morning and it's working perfectly. Thanks for the info everyone!
      ZOS_Icy wrote: »
      Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the General Help section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Feedback: When you do this it would be really helpful if you could leave something in the original forum to say it's been moved.

I didn't have time to sort Minion out yesterday so I went looking for the topic today and the only way I could find it was via going to my profile to find threads I'd commented on.

(I know there's a search function, but because I couldn't remember the exact subject I had to make it vague, so I got a lot of results and because I was sure it was in General Discussion I was only searching there to narrow the results.)
      Edited by Danikat on March 31, 2024 12:24PM
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • Threemoons
      Threemoons
      ✭✭✭
      phairdon wrote: »
      Glad I found this. Thanks.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Badda bing. Worked perfectly, thank you.
      Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    • dmjepp_ESO
      dmjepp_ESO
      ✭✭
      I had the same issue that everyone else has been reporting but have experienced a new wrinkle.

I had version 3.0.11 and had it quit working on the 30th. I uninstalled it and kept the config files. Updated to the 64-bit version 3.0.12 and got it working on the evening of the 30th. It even provided an update to one of my .lib files.

Went to bed thinking all was right once again. Got up on the morning of the 31st and went to run minion as I do every morning and found that both of the icons I had placed for the app were missing. Went looking into the files and found that the minion files and folders were all present, but the executable file was missing completely. Very odd.

Going to leave it alone until there is some kind of response from the devs. My add-ons are currently working (with the exception of Master Merchant which stopped working today) so I will wait it out.
    • TomCat
      TomCat
      ✭✭

No need for set up settings:
      1. Deinstall:
      Are you sure you want to completety remove Minion and all of its components? YES
      Do you want to delete the minion configuration directory? NO
      Minion was successfully removed from your computer.

2. Download Minion from https://minion.mmoui.com/?download

3. Start Minion3.0.12.exe
      When the Setup asks
      The folder ( e.g. C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Minion)
      already exists, Would you like to install to that folder anyway? YES
      and finish the installation
      Launch Minion and all is ok
    • manwoodsal
      manwoodsal
      ✭✭
      dmjepp_ESO wrote: »
      I had the same issue that everyone else has been reporting but have experienced a new wrinkle.

I had version 3.0.11 and had it quit working on the 30th. I uninstalled it and kept the config files. Updated to the 64-bit version 3.0.12 and got it working on the evening of the 30th. It even provided an update to one of my .lib files.

Went to bed thinking all was right once again. Got up on the morning of the 31st and went to run minion as I do every morning and found that both of the icons I had placed for the app were missing. Went looking into the files and found that the minion files and folders were all present, but the executable file was missing completely. Very odd.

Going to leave it alone until there is some kind of response from the devs. My add-ons are currently working (with the exception of Master Merchant which stopped working today) so I will wait it out.

If you are running anti virus or malware software... With very new version like 3.0.12 They will flag it as being questionable And even some of them will go on and remove it also. I use one that I had to kept telling it that it was a good program and to leave it alone.
    • twev
      twev
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just wish there was a way to get rid of all the entries in the 'options/automatic update' window from 2023, because the list is sorted by month first, and not year.

It's really annoying to see all the 2024 update entries scattered in with the 2023 update entries.

I thought they had said they were going to fix that years ago with the 'next update'.
      The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    • dmjepp_ESO
      dmjepp_ESO
      ✭✭
      manwoodsal wrote: »
      dmjepp_ESO wrote: »

If you are running anti virus or malware software... With very new version like 3.0.12 They will flag it as being questionable And even some of them will go on and remove it also. I use one that I had to kept telling it that it was a good program and to leave it alone.

You are correct. My AV hadn't ever had an issue with Minion so I stupidly discounted the possibility without even checking. Sure enough, I found the missing files had been quarantined and prevented from running. Made an exception for it and Minion is running correctly once again.
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks for the heads up.
      Re-installed it again after uninstalling.
      All good now.
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • Vudokan
      Vudokan
      ✭✭✭
      If you're getting an error after reinstalling, make sure you're using the 32 bit version even if you're on a 64 system.
    • Vvephriel
      Vvephriel
      ✭✭
      TomCat wrote: »

1. Deinstall:
      Are you sure you want to completety remove Minion and all of its components? YES

When the Setup asks

Thank you for the step by step! This was very helpful. :D
    • Oznog666
      Oznog666
      ✭✭✭
      Just wonder: did anybody got some updates already with the new version? I have it installed since Saturday but no updates for my add ons so far which is a bit strange isn't it?
      PC EU
      1 Healer, 1 Tank, 3 DD, 5 more Toons just for fun
    • WySoSirius
      WySoSirius
      ✭✭✭✭
      TomCat wrote: »

1. Deinstall:

When the Setup asks

You Sir are a LEGEND <3