The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flawed crown gifting requirements.

• Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PossiblyK wrote: »
    So, I've bought plenty of crowns in the past, large amounts too. Sometimes to gift, sometimes for houses etc.
    I applied for gifting to be enabled on my account a couple of days ago, and I've been told no, because I've had a terms of service violation.
    Now, this violation is in regards to the names of some of my characters that I created years ago, that were reported by someone who has an issue with me (could go into detail but it's a long story).
    The names in question were 'your buff ***' (which was a buff cro), 'can't tank for shirt' (so named because I'm a terrible tank) and 'cu-next-tuesday' (I have no excuse for this one).
    But this was why I was turned down for gifting. Honestly, I feel it's completely unfair as the violation was nothing to do with crown gifting whatsoever, and has no impact on it, but yet I'm being penalised.

Man that sucks. One of my guildmates has been told no too, guess what the issue is? The stupid Endeavour bug that got her temp banned - that's THEIR fault not hers, now they miss out on extra cash from her - talk about shooting yourself in the foot all over again.
    Options
  • reefjunkie
    reefjunkie
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in my early 50s. My wife and I send each other gifts periodically. Or, DID before someone went off the rails stupid about it and made me have to try to explain to her that its because of money laundering, supposedly...?? And now I'm having to send a ticket to get permission to get this turned back on AFTER spending more $$ as it states the requirements are to have ESO+ (already have) and/or buy a crown pack??? -- AND NEITHER OF THOSE ACTUALLY DO WHAT IS STATED???!!! W. T. F!

Yeah, great system..... - Good job!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Nah, I'd buy 75% of the stuff they put in the crownstore with crowns if it had a normal price. I ain't paying 20 euro's for cosmetics that change my weapons or 100+ for an ingame house. Make it €2-4 and €10-20 and much more people would buy. I'd even gift crates to friends once in a while if they had normal prices.

The prices are insane. Even with discounted crowns.

A normal price is subjective as we each have our own price points.

The market, however, determines if the price is good or not for the company. Clearly, other people feel the current pricing is just fine though it is wise to purchase crowns on sale.

So the market says the prices are not insane and sustainable.

i would also have to say that nobody in their right mind would consider the current prices to be "normal" or "good"

either the cost of crowns has to go down, or the items listed in the crown store itself need to go down at a bare minimum

there is absolutely no reason a single assistant should cost $40 for example, that is almost the full price of a brand new AAA single player game

i can understand a eso chapter expansion being $40-60, but the prices in the crown store are absurd
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • sshogrin
    sshogrin
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's account related.

Thank you for your understanding

So where's the link to this new location?
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now a few months old, we've decided to close the thread. If you still need assistance with a related issue, please go ahead and start a new thread in the General Help forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.