The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Werewolf Pounce

Panderbander
Panderbander
✭✭✭✭✭
Appreciate giving this ability a teensy buff in the form of guaranteed Hemorrhaging, but could we request one more thing? Can the Pounce please also apply Carnage to any target hit instead of requiring a second cast? This alone would make werewolf significantly more playable and viable in both PVP and PVE by improving sustain, making Pounce into a reliable gap closer, opening up a GCD for an additional Howl, and avoiding the weird (and common) situation where Brutal Carnage requires a target to be in range to cast, but fails to apply to anything because no targets were in range at the time the ability went off (as it's now a conal AOE ability). This is, of course, also due with the vampire SPAMMABLE getting guaranteed Hemorrhaging, and it doesn't require casting a second ridiculously expensive ability to cast again.

Come on, this change is long overdue; Pounce morphing into Carnage was an interesting experiment but it ultimately just doesn't play well.
Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Carnage be something that only triggers when you're casting it for the second time on the same enemy, similat to the DW Flying blade morph that will have a different effect if you target the same enemy twice, but will be the primary attack if you look at someone else.

Pounce is realistically the only attack that meme weretanks can use to taunt, and the change to Tormentor means we almost have to RNG grabbing the right thing in a trash pack, and we cant' get more than one thig at a time. With Pounce on a 5 sec cooldown, it basically destroys that playstyle.

If I could just pounce all over the place to pick up adds, that would really help with the playstyle. Sure, keep Carnage when there's already control or maybe one boss, but multiple Pounces right at the beginning on different enemies is useful.
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    For my part the extra casting it the swipe feels very frustrating and I wish they were combined into a single ability for a more fluid gameplay experience. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth

Adding more devs for greater visibility as not sure the other tags work
    Options
  • Theojegg
    Theojegg
    Soul Shriven
    More streamlined play in general for werewolf as well as actual group utility would be fantastic for werewolf. Sadly the playstyle is getting more and more rare to come across due to its lack of versatility. the only group mechanic for werewolf is the timer buff and that only works if there is other werewolves. we cant taunt without a special set that is about to go poof. we cant really buff or heal each other except with proc sets that dont always work correctly. sure we could pump a little dps via the synergy but still thats not much of a group utility. If you build a semi viable build and then slap werewolf on it, the build is even less viable and thusly less fun regardless of content. Vampire still works in most content with almost no drawbacks and is extremely overpowered in above 50 pvp. Still something is better than nothing, or more nerfs, i guess.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna say what I posted in the feedback thread. This is my main issue with the current kit for the content I play
    Werewolf's 10s Carnage timer feels bad compared to the standard 20s "sticky" dots. Additionally, Brutal Carnage has the same issue Carve once did; you have to recast the skill early to keep the damage buff stacks up. It'd be nice if Carnage were looked at to make it easier to keep up.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theojegg wrote: »
    More streamlined play in general for werewolf as well as actual group utility would be fantastic for werewolf. Sadly the playstyle is getting more and more rare to come across due to its lack of versatility. the only group mechanic for werewolf is the timer buff and that only works if there is other werewolves. we cant taunt without a special set that is about to go poof. we cant really buff or heal each other except with proc sets that dont always work correctly. sure we could pump a little dps via the synergy but still thats not much of a group utility. If you build a semi viable build and then slap werewolf on it, the build is even less viable and thusly less fun regardless of content. Vampire still works in most content with almost no drawbacks and is extremely overpowered in above 50 pvp. Still something is better than nothing, or more nerfs, i guess.

I agree on your werewolf analysis, but vampire is a detriment in all content except PvP. You can play a vampire in vet content much like you can play a WW; by not engaging with the actual mechanics (don't slot the skills, stay stage 1.) Vamps are often locked out if group healing and much of their kit is just weak versions of what everyone else does better.

Honestly, both need significant help but ZoS isn't interested in that.
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not combined with Pounce in some way, then I think Carnage should be moved to its own skill. Imagine the build diversity from having a 6th skill to choose from in the Werewolf skill line? In PvE, I'd swap Pounce or Roar for Carnage, and in PvP, I'd probably swap Infectious Claws for Carnage.

Though, I'd rather have a brand new Grimoire skill added to the Werewolf skill line instead of taking away functionality that was previously included in the original 5 skills.

At least if Carnage becomes its own spammable skill without the need to cast Pounce, then the guaranteed hemorrhaging proc could be tied to Carnage, rather than to Pounce, and it would be like Eviscerate and its morphs in that regard. It's not feasible to use Pounce as a spammable while it still morphs into Carnage.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I rather have carnage be letting you pounce. It is annoying for rotations. When you got stampede that gives you insta ground aoe or the maelstrom weapon bleed. No need for 2nd cast wasting resources
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I rather have carnage be letting you pounce. It is annoying for rotations. When you got stampede that gives you insta ground aoe or the maelstrom weapon bleed. No need for 2nd cast wasting resources

And another thing carnage does not have a burst. It is quite weird for an ability to apply a DoT and not a small burst then a DoT. Mostly every thing is like that. Even the animation the werewolf swipes its claws in front of them.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on April 4, 2024 2:36PM
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options