The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "10th Anniversary Prelude! Free DLC and Bonus Earnable Loot!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
obqtuu3le7ho.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Get Ready For The 10th Anniversary Celebration By Claiming Orsinium (And More) For Free!"

"The 10th Anniversary Celebration Event is kicking off this April, but we’re getting the fun started early by giving you the Orsinium DLC (and more) free during the month of March!"
For more info on the March Daily Login Rewards, follow the link here for the article and the link here for the discussion thread.

Note- We will move this thread to the News & Website Article Discussion section on March 9.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 11, 2024 4:41PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Prophet_of_Malacath
    𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝕄𝔸𝕃𝔸𝕂, Beloved of the Spurned, Champions of the Ostracized!

    Where are the Children of the 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕣, the liberator of slaves, the 𝔻𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕪𝕖𝕕? Where are the Wise Women of ℍ𝕖 𝕎𝕙𝕠 𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤?

    The laws of the Dwemer, Falmer, Ayleids are 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝; the very much older Code of Malacath is still 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞. Rkundzelft, Nenalata, Skyreach have perished and no longer have children left on Nirn; Orsinium, destroyed, has not lost its people.

    While other races build temples to dead gods, Mauloch in the Ashen Forge crafts the grudges of prior generations into the souls of future Orcs - 𝐘𝐎𝐔 were made Holy & given Purpose before you were born. Now 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 people call to you!

    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:JOIN US IN ORSINIUM! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    (and help me beg for structural furnishings so we can build our own little neighborhoods in the city ^_^)
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Edited by Prophet_of_Malacath on February 28, 2024 9:11PM
    The Pariah's Forge is an Orsimer-focused Discord RP Hub: https://discord.gg/KfuWGFDXJC
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wow awesome month!

    edited to add:

    wow that Ursauk looks so beautiful!!
    thanks ^_^
    i love bears.

    and it's awesome that you're giving people Orsinium!
    Edited by LunaFlora on February 28, 2024 7:49PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VERY nice! Thanks ZOS!
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for these earnable items! Plus, what a fun way to get people to do one of the best stories in the game. I almost wish it was 2 months so there wasn't quite a rush with packed story instances.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhh...

    ZOS, please bug check that questline immediately and make sure it works by the time U41 drops on Live. Because it'd be really awkward if they put out all this stuff to collect with Orsinium as a free DLC and get collectibles for completing the main quest and then go ahead and release a patch that prevents you from doing so.

    Backstory: I was trying to get Orsinium questline screenshots on PTS with Update 41, and I got hard stopped at Paragon's Remembrance because of some invisible walls that got added inadvertently with the new patch. At least as of 9.3.1, the main questline of Orsinium was uncompleteable. I know the questline works fine on Live currently since I just did it there, but the invisible walls were added in with the U41 patch on PTS right now.

    I reported that 2.5 weeks ago. Since then they're on EU now and I haven't gone back to check if it works because it's painful to set up a template and run through a whole story chain, but I notice that we never got "Fixed the invisible walls in Paragon's Remembrance" in the patch notes. I hope, for ZOS's sake, that they did have someone go through and check it.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on February 28, 2024 9:57PM
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    Hey a free dlc and a free mount plus some crates with potentially more free stuff that i might want. Thats all very nice.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Uhh...

    ZOS, please bug check that questline immediately and make sure it works by the time U41 drops on Live. Because it'd be really awkward if they put out all this stuff to collect with Orsinium as a free DLC and get collectibles for completing the main quest and then go ahead and release a patch that prevents you from doing so.

    Backstory: I was trying to get Orsinium questline screenshots on PTS with Update 41, and I got hard stopped at Paragon's Remembrance because of some invisible walls that got added inadvertently with the new patch. At least as of 9.3.1, the main questline of Orsinium was uncompleteable. I know the questline works fine on Live currently since I just did it there, but the invisible walls were added in with the U41 patch on PTS right now.

    I reported that 2.5 weeks ago. Since then they're on EU now and I haven't gone back to check if it works because it's painful to set up a template and run through a whole story chain, but I notice that we never got "Fixed the invisible walls in Paragon's Remembrance" in the patch notes. I hope, for ZOS's sake, that they did have someone go through and check it.

    Just wanted to follow up on this. Thanks to your previous post, we fixed the bug for U41. So this should not be an issue when U41 releases.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Uhh...

    ZOS, please bug check that questline immediately and make sure it works by the time U41 drops on Live. Because it'd be really awkward if they put out all this stuff to collect with Orsinium as a free DLC and get collectibles for completing the main quest and then go ahead and release a patch that prevents you from doing so.

    Backstory: I was trying to get Orsinium questline screenshots on PTS with Update 41, and I got hard stopped at Paragon's Remembrance because of some invisible walls that got added inadvertently with the new patch. At least as of 9.3.1, the main questline of Orsinium was uncompleteable. I know the questline works fine on Live currently since I just did it there, but the invisible walls were added in with the U41 patch on PTS right now.

    I reported that 2.5 weeks ago. Since then they're on EU now and I haven't gone back to check if it works because it's painful to set up a template and run through a whole story chain, but I notice that we never got "Fixed the invisible walls in Paragon's Remembrance" in the patch notes. I hope, for ZOS's sake, that they did have someone go through and check it.

    Just wanted to follow up on this. Thanks to your previous post, we fixed the bug for U41. So this should not be an issue when U41 releases.

    That's excellent! I'm happy to hear it!

    And for anyone who hasn't done this questline yet, it's still absolutely top-tier storytelling. I love everything about that DLC!
    da1a8cy4num4.png
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Uhh...

    ZOS, please bug check that questline immediately and make sure it works by the time U41 drops on Live. Because it'd be really awkward if they put out all this stuff to collect with Orsinium as a free DLC and get collectibles for completing the main quest and then go ahead and release a patch that prevents you from doing so.

    Backstory: I was trying to get Orsinium questline screenshots on PTS with Update 41, and I got hard stopped at Paragon's Remembrance because of some invisible walls that got added inadvertently with the new patch. At least as of 9.3.1, the main questline of Orsinium was uncompleteable. I know the questline works fine on Live currently since I just did it there, but the invisible walls were added in with the U41 patch on PTS right now.

    I reported that 2.5 weeks ago. Since then they're on EU now and I haven't gone back to check if it works because it's painful to set up a template and run through a whole story chain, but I notice that we never got "Fixed the invisible walls in Paragon's Remembrance" in the patch notes. I hope, for ZOS's sake, that they did have someone go through and check it.

    Just wanted to follow up on this. Thanks to your previous post, we fixed the bug for U41. So this should not be an issue when U41 releases.

    That's excellent! I'm happy to hear it!

    And for anyone who hasn't done this questline yet, it's still absolutely top-tier storytelling. I love everything about that DLC!
    da1a8cy4num4.png

    I've tried it various times over the years. I cannot get past Urfon Iceheart, so no quest line for me. High ping and aging reflexes.... *sigh*
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Uhh...

    ZOS, please bug check that questline immediately and make sure it works by the time U41 drops on Live. Because it'd be really awkward if they put out all this stuff to collect with Orsinium as a free DLC and get collectibles for completing the main quest and then go ahead and release a patch that prevents you from doing so.

    Backstory: I was trying to get Orsinium questline screenshots on PTS with Update 41, and I got hard stopped at Paragon's Remembrance because of some invisible walls that got added inadvertently with the new patch. At least as of 9.3.1, the main questline of Orsinium was uncompleteable. I know the questline works fine on Live currently since I just did it there, but the invisible walls were added in with the U41 patch on PTS right now.

    I reported that 2.5 weeks ago. Since then they're on EU now and I haven't gone back to check if it works because it's painful to set up a template and run through a whole story chain, but I notice that we never got "Fixed the invisible walls in Paragon's Remembrance" in the patch notes. I hope, for ZOS's sake, that they did have someone go through and check it.

    Just wanted to follow up on this. Thanks to your previous post, we fixed the bug for U41. So this should not be an issue when U41 releases.

    That's excellent! I'm happy to hear it!

    And for anyone who hasn't done this questline yet, it's still absolutely top-tier storytelling. I love everything about that DLC!
    da1a8cy4num4.png

    I've tried it various times over the years. I cannot get past Urfon Iceheart, so no quest line for me. High ping and aging reflexes.... *sigh*

    Is your ping too high to get away with running in wide circles around the exterior of the room and up the stairs?

    If I remember right, he gets his kills via going stationary then making big red circles around himself. Thus, if your ping doesn't get you stuck you might be able to whittle him down via throwing a dot on him every once in a while as you run away from him. (Your companion would also damage him a bit but, the circles have a good chance of killing them.)
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on February 29, 2024 12:05AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time 999+ ping. And I don't use companions - I hate sidekicks.... However, the last time I tried it was before Arcanist, so I might level one to see if he's more doable on one. Only have "baby" arcanists at this point - fun, but warden is my class mostly.
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Most of the time 999+ ping. And I don't use companions - I hate sidekicks.... However, the last time I tried it was before Arcanist, so I might level one to see if he's more doable on one. Only have "baby" arcanists at this point - fun, but warden is my class mostly.

    I've had slow internet and packet loss issues in the past which tended to lead to getting stuck or tossed backwards but, I generally don't hit high ping so I don't know how exactly it plays on that.

    I'm unsure if Arcanist will help with it or not. Since he's only got 160k hp + shield you might be able to hit hard enough that he's down before the mechanic kills you. But, I'm not sure if the Arcanist shields will be enough to keep you up if you don't down him fast and the mechanic hits you. Apocryphal Gating out might also be possible but, that might still be a reflex/lag issue.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I have Hexos' Ward on my stam characters at CP level, so that shield is actually a bonus. However, I've got 30+ levels to get on my arcanists before giving that a try. Though.... hmmm. I don't really remember when I actually tried Urfon last - it might have been before U35 (which was when I reconfigured my gear to include Hexos' Ward and Oakensoul).

    So I guess I'll give it a shot on my highest CP warden first (1105 or something - I don't pay that much attention because by this time there's not much to put CP into). They really ought to come up with some more options for CP....
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • MaverickConnor22b14_ESO
    that nice and all but what about those of us who already own it since it release what do we get?
    " The Night is Full of Wonders"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    obqtuu3le7ho.jpg
    This is the official discussion thread for, "Get Ready For The 10th Anniversary Celebration By Claiming Orsinium (And More) For Free!"

    "The 10th Anniversary Celebration Event is kicking off this April, but we’re getting the fun started early by giving you the Orsinium DLC (and more) free during the month of March!"
    For more info on the March Daily Login Rewards, follow the link here for the article and the link here for the discussion thread.

    Note- We will move this thread to the News & Website Article Discussion section on March 9.

    Two Questions: 1st, will the daily login be bugged or give any sort of difficulty for me if i already have previously purchased Orsinuim DLC?

    Second: Will this impact future purchases of the Guilds and Glory DLC pack? (side note: might want to have the crown team look at that bundle with IC being free and this generous giveaway you might want to consider restructuring that bundle)
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    obqtuu3le7ho.jpg
    This is the official discussion thread for, "Get Ready For The 10th Anniversary Celebration By Claiming Orsinium (And More) For Free!"

    "The 10th Anniversary Celebration Event is kicking off this April, but we’re getting the fun started early by giving you the Orsinium DLC (and more) free during the month of March!"
    For more info on the March Daily Login Rewards, follow the link here for the article and the link here for the discussion thread.

    Note- We will move this thread to the News & Website Article Discussion section on March 9.

    Two Questions: 1st, will the daily login be bugged or give any sort of difficulty for me if i already have previously purchased Orsinuim DLC?

    Second: Will this impact future purchases of the Guilds and Glory DLC pack? (side note: might want to have the crown team look at that bundle with IC being free and this generous giveaway you might want to consider restructuring that bundle)

    When the Murkmire DLC was a daily reward in November 2018, it was still possible to claim it after you had purchased it in the Crown Store. The Daily Reward calendar will progress as normal if you claim the reward and you will not be gaining any advantage or disadvantage if you already own the Orsinium DLC, the Craglorn Welwa pet or the Iron Orc Welwa mount.

    Regarding the Guilds and Glory DLC pack, its original price of 5500 Crowns was permanently reduced to 4000 after Imperial City was made free for everyone, so I highly doubt it would be further reduced because the Daily Rewards. Mainly because there can still be new accounts popping up after March ends.
    Edited by Maitsukas on February 29, 2024 9:47AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

    Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

    Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    Loving all the goodies for March. Thank you!

    I guess that my NA toon, who was going to do all zones in order will be making a detour so I can get her that gorgeous mount. 😍
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Oh, I have Hexos' Ward on my stam characters at CP level, so that shield is actually a bonus. However, I've got 30+ levels to get on my arcanists before giving that a try. Though.... hmmm. I don't really remember when I actually tried Urfon last - it might have been before U35 (which was when I reconfigured my gear to include Hexos' Ward and Oakensoul).

    So I guess I'll give it a shot on my highest CP warden first (1105 or something - I don't pay that much attention because by this time there's not much to put CP into). They really ought to come up with some more options for CP....

    I'm curious. Is this boss solo only? Or can a group come and help?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Oh, I have Hexos' Ward on my stam characters at CP level, so that shield is actually a bonus. However, I've got 30+ levels to get on my arcanists before giving that a try. Though.... hmmm. I don't really remember when I actually tried Urfon last - it might have been before U35 (which was when I reconfigured my gear to include Hexos' Ward and Oakensoul).

    So I guess I'll give it a shot on my highest CP warden first (1105 or something - I don't pay that much attention because by this time there's not much to put CP into). They really ought to come up with some more options for CP....

    I'm curious. Is this boss solo only? Or can a group come and help?

    Unless things have changed, it's solo only - a friend was going to help me, got to the same place in the quest line, and when we went through the door, she was in her own instance. [Well, you have "useless Kurog" along - y'know, like you have "useless Emeric" etc in High Isle....]
    Edited by TaSheen on February 29, 2024 2:33PM
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • greenmachine86
    @ZOS_Kevin is the daily rewards bugged on Xbox NA as my alt accounts that do not have ESO Plus do not have the Orsinium DLC available for collection in Daily Rewardsuhgp6lonyuoa.jpg
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    There is also only 30 days in March according to this reward calendar. Ooops!
    I was just about to post the same thing, including the same style of pic, taken with a camera on the TV. Luddites Forever!! :)

    I knew I had seen Orsinium as a reward, but then realised it was the difference between my PC and the Xbox.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    EU/UK server.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin is the daily rewards bugged on Xbox NA as my alt accounts that do not have ESO Plus do not have the Orsinium DLC available for collection in Daily Rewardsuhgp6lonyuoa.jpg

    @greenmachine86 Could you test something for us to verify the issue is still present for you, please try logging out and logging back in and check the calendar again. We just want to make sure something odd didn't happen.

    Also do you have ESO+ or own Orsinium on your Xbox NA account overall.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 1, 2024 2:41PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I just checked my Xbox account. It is still the same (30 days, Orsinium missing).
    This is on both ESO+ accounts and non ESO+.
    This is on EU/UK, so not NA specific.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin
    I just checked my Xbox account. It is still the same (30 days, Orsinium missing).
    This is on both ESO+ accounts and non ESO+.
    This is on EU/UK, so not NA specific.

    Could you note a few things for me?
    1. Completely power off your console and then log back in? We would like to see if a complete powercycle will help in updating the info.
    2. What Xbox are you using?
    3. Is there ownership of Orsinium on either account?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue, Day 2 is missing. Xbox NA
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin : powering off and on and relogging fixed it for me (xbox NA series S)
    Edited by Dithieon on March 1, 2024 4:06PM
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Dithieon wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin : powering off and on and relogging fixed it for me

    Ah the tried and true turn off/ turn on method. Thank you for testing that and confirming. We are still testing things on our end, but this is helpful.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 1, 2024 3:34PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turn off/turn on is known to fix over half of all technical issues. 🙏
Sign In or Register to comment.