Your Pet Peeves?

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite load screens, no fix works.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »
    15. Purported single player dungeons that require you to go through with a group.
    Just so you know.. this is wrong. There are zero dungeons that advertise themselves as single player but which instead require a group. There are delves and public dungeons (which most people think at the same thing, and thus call delves public dungeons)..

LOL, I claim ignorance and blame all the Skyshard 'help pages' that tell me of solo-dungeons. :)
    E.g. MMORPG-Life:
    Inside Crestshade Mines solo dungeon.
    and
    Gamemaps Scout: In the tunnels under Crestshade (Inside Crestshade Mine solo dungeon).

But let me redo that then:
    15. Purported single player dungeons that require you to go through with a group.
    15. Purported single player delves that require you to go through with a group.
    And let me add:

Yeah, sites like those are part of the problem. The solo ones are delves, the group ones are public dungeons. There's still none that are purported as solo but are actually group though :P Difficult to distinguish without either looking it up, going into the place, or looking at your achievements sure.. but none are advertised as solo and then turn out to be group. Even on the sites that call them all dungeons, they say the group ones are group public dungeons.

So another of my pet peeves would be sites and players that incorrectly label all the things marked with a torch on your map as dungeons instead of separating them into the solo stuff (delves) and the one Public Dungeon (group) per map.

I also wish that they'd change the icon so the Public Dungeon on a map didn't carry the same torch symbol as the delves.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I entered Ondil's circa level 8, it told me I have discovered my first public dungeon. That is how I have seen it, and similar, described on sites I have visited.

Group dungeons are not public, nor have I seen them seen described that way personally.

My feeling on public dungeons is that at the moment they are mostly group efforts anyway, even if not in a group. I doubt most of us have much of experience of running through them alone with the population as high as it is at the moment.
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chomppa wrote: »
    Mine are

- The reference to Twilight when the word Vampire comes up .

People that say this, but have a character that could be a co-star in the movie, I.E. play an angst ridden undead or over-romanticized monster.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »
    When I entered Ondil's circa level 8, it told me I have discovered my first public dungeon. That is how I have seen it, and similar, described on sites I have visited.

Group dungeons are not public, nor have I seen them seen described that way personally.

My feeling on public dungeons is that at the moment they are mostly group efforts anyway, even if not in a group. I doubt most of us have much of experience of running through them alone with the population as high as it is at the moment.

Group dungeons are not public, you are correct. Public dungeons (they are listed under the "Public Dungeon" portion of the achievements, are large delves, designed towards groups. They are public, but they have multiple bosses and large groups.. and then there are delves. Small, circular/square type caves that have one boss, and a skyshard..those are solo, not listed under the dungeons portion, and are instead listed under exploration for achievement purposes.

The large majority of the player base seems to have adapted to calling delves solo public dungeons, and the other group public dungeons. Which ends up causing confusion in the sense that people think the group ones should be solo-able (in the case of the OP), and when delves are mentioned by ESO (like when Craglorn was announced) people don't know what they are. It also makes people think you're talking about instanced four man content when you bring up the word group.

You get the pop up about group content when you enter your first Public Dungeon, not delve. So Crow's Wood, Bad Man's Hollow, or Toothmaul Gully I think are the first ones you'd encounter for each alliance. It tells you the content is harder though, and recommends grouping together. It doesn't advertise it as solo. Even if we say all delves are also public dungeons, it still never advertises any of them as solo. The help it offers states mobs are stronger and that dungeons are made for groups.
    8EAHi.jpg
    8EAOl.jpg
    Those help messages do not pop up when a characters enters a delve (aka solo public dungeons) for the first time, in fact none do. I just checked to make sure by running a mule alt I have to a delve right out of town, and then running her to a Public Dungeon (Bad Man's Hollow). Message didn't pop up until I entered Bad Man's...and I know I'm going on and on about it.. but like I said, pet peeve.
    Edited by Lalai on May 8, 2014 9:46PM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, it may have been Toothmaul then, that name rings a bell anyway.
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »
    I doubt most of us have much of experience of running through them alone with the population as high as it is at the moment.
    A dungeon, no, not yet. But I was completely alone in Hildune’s Secret Refuge in Rivenspire not two nights ago. I managed to get to the skyshard there and then had the choice of going for the boss-man, or out the exit. I chose the latter, then returned during the day to find I could fight alone through all the enemies up till where the skyshard was, and only then did 3 other people meet up. That was enough to finish the job, though. :)
    Which ends up causing confusion in the sense that people think the group ones should be solo-able (in the case of the OP)
    Oh no, I've never thought or said that. I said it the other way around, that solo dungeons need a group, but where dungeons != dungeons == delves/mines.
    Hahaha, I found out the hard way that you can't solo a group dungeon, by going into the Banished Cells on Audiron with a level 40 Nightblade and being beat by the second group of enemies. High-tailed it out of there, haven't been back yet... :)

(Although part of the problem there is that I've been standing outside the latter dungeon for a couple of times, on different level strengths, the last time at level 40 for more than 30 minutes, and no one wanted to group with me. I felt like being back in the gym at high-school. Not a pretty feeling.)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been following this game since early beta, and I must say I am rather fond of it. But, it does have a few irritations, and a lot of people who already posted nailed a lot of them.

1. The ridiculous summoners chanting away when you're trying to listen to the NPC/quest giver. Even just out for a walk, they are ridiculously loud even 1/2 way across the map. Really... shut these freaks up!
    2. As stated, many of the NPCs ambient comments are very repeated. If I have to hear about someone saving King Cassamire, and if that guy actually bought me as many ales as I have heard him state, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning a long time ago. Not to mention the Khajiit who can't get over the happenings in Southpoint....
    3. Well, what should be number 1, is rude players. Such as those who run up and hit a node or chest while you're fighting a mob for it. People mouthing off in zone chat. One of the best features of this game is being able to turn off zone chat. However, these things have to do with the character of the players, not much the devs can do about stuff like that.
    4. I have my double-tap for dodge roll on the most sensitive setting, and it is always hit or miss if the character actually does it. This has caused me several deaths...
    5. Despite having clearly moved out of the red circle or cone... you still take the aoe/special attack damage.
    6. Some mobs have ridiculous melee ranges. Such as the giants in the Rift. Now I understand that they are giants and have a reach longer than Holyfield... but still, you feel you're clearly far enough away from their swing and you still take it in the face.
    7. Guild store = atrocious. Who in quality control said "Go with it!" needs a new line of work. The halfass filter doesn't even work. You can't search for a specific item. And with such a failed system, when you're in a massive trading guild you just don't want to spend your time going through page after page of things you have no interest in. Really.. auction house guys...
    8. Enchanting and alchemy way to slow to level.
    9. Bank/storage space is terrible. I hate to bring other games into comparison, but GW2 nailed it. A section for mats (broken down by type of mat to), and a section for your gear and junk. What we have here is terrible.
    10. And the second biggest pet peeve I have, after rude players, are the rude comments about the game. I have read various reviews, and people's hostile comments about this game are astounding. Now, it's one thing to not like a game (or movie, music, etc), it's another thing entirely to hate on a game with such hostility to the point of insulting other people for liking it. Really sad actually to have some kind of hatred for a game in such a manner....

Yes the game has had some rather irritating bugs, and yes these bugs and bots have greatly impacted people's quality of experience in this game. However, none of these are permanent, and I feel the devs do a pretty good job on getting on top of the issues. Maybe not as fast as we'd all like, but these games of this magnitude are quite a beast to manage. I think people forget that frequently. "The Road Ahead" article is very uplifting and it appears the devs are aware of the short comings and have a desire to improve on everything.

The thing I love the most about this game... I have been playing a NB since the second beta weekend. I am VR7 now, and I am still learning new mechanics, and especially new builds and ability combinations that work for the class. Some combinations/builds you assume would fail, turn out to be rather successful. I am looking forward to discovering those surprises on the other three classes in the future.

If you read all this, good on you. Perhaps there'll be a pint in it for you. Come to think of it, there's a chap in Daggerfall who just can't wait to buy everyone ales...
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
    Options
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Shallow, insubstantial threads provoking an already whiny community to freshen their complaining.
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    pets causing my char to stop via collision coding.

not having a sent log to see who/what you mailed earlier

yes, the flying dumb vamp pets are annoying in tight spaces, put em up if youre going to be awhile...

people who train a herd of mobs onto you cuz they couldnt be arsed with stealthing properly into a heavily mobbed landscape.

i gave up on being annoyed with node/chest/resource stealers as its a lost cause

constant spamming of quest dialogue if youre in the area

tho i try not to see them, node bots, quest bots and leveling bots on the landscape. they wouldnt do it if there weren't some sad sack loser giving them real money for it

seeing so many of the same avatars, all replicants of each other. boooorrrring

running around like a homeless person with tacked on mismatched armor due to no cosmetic options

*shakes my cane and shouts at the kids to stay off my lawn!
    Edited by reggielee on May 9, 2014 1:45AM
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    Message "Can't fish in werewolf form" - when you aren't even a werewolf.

Yes. Annoying. I'm not even a werewolf and have never been one.

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
    Options
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    Slow leveling angers me!
    Options
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So another of my pet peeves would be sites and players that incorrectly label all the things marked with a torch on your map as dungeons instead of separating them into the solo stuff (delves) and the one Public Dungeon (group) per map.

I also wish that they'd change the icon so the Public Dungeon on a map didn't carry the same torch symbol as the delves.

When I find one I check the [Zone Name] Explorer achievement which is always for just the six delves. If the one I found is NOT on that list, I know it's the small group dungeon. Makes a big difference to me since I usually go in there as one of the last things in the zone I do (I'll run it if there's enough other players in there to survive, but sometimes I just get the skyshard and call it a day.)

Peeve: People who are nuts with their mounts. Twice now I've seen someone leave a house/hut, get on the horse, go "across the street" to a different hut - like, ten feet or so in game terms - and get off again. Are you THAT impatient?
    I have just told you more than I know.
    Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peeve: People who are nuts with their mounts. Twice now I've seen someone leave a house/hut, get on the horse, go "across the street" to a different hut - like, ten feet or so in game terms - and get off again. Are you THAT impatient?

hehe ..I've done that before. It wasn't impatience, it was confusion. (and fat finger syndrome) :)

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The people that are level 43-45 and can't continue the game but say they did all the quests...
    Options
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That clothing doesn't have separate tabs for light and medium armor
    Options
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    it is a reflex action.
    Options
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laerian wrote: »
    it is a reflex action.

It's like people driving 200 meters down the lane to go buy ciggies....
    Options
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »

While I appreciate that there are those out there willing to fill the numerous gaps that Zen has left in their game. The fact that Zen basically relies on them as un-paid programmers does not sit well with me.

There are many more small UI omissions that I could add to a list of peeves but I'll just say that the fact they did omit so many features is in itself the problem.

1. Consider this number one of my pet peeves too. I think it has been compounded by what appears to me, bug fixes and mods to other games Bethesda has made. Leaving them to figure they can do that. I use no add ons anyway as I regularly in each MMO see complaints sooner or later said mod/addon is no longer working or causing issues.

2. Next pet peeve has to be the amount of bugs related to looting and such. I had the bank blitz bug early last month after thinking all was pretty well with launch. My entire bank was reset and emptied, meaning that everything looted and materials, including upgrades and trait materials had gone, and space I spent money to upgrade had gone too. That took a while to fix and have remedied, only to have the phantom loot bug.

You picked it up, you KNOW it is there, it does not show in inventory, but shows in crafting mode, even after being refined. Not so bad if your character uses that material, quite frustrating when your alts is the designated crafter for said material. I have also had a few instances of the game refusing to let me loot eligible bodies with a boing, that I must correct by re-logging.

Similar to other interaction based errors that have been plaguing this game since launch, such as an error disallowing me to zone into instances, or certain objects and interactables being absent. And then there is the in combat paralysis, not the state inflicted by an NPC, but where randomly in combat you are unable to execute an attack of any kind, but can move.

3. The Customer Service is not that great at service for customers. CS can be great when you get them, but responses take aeons and too often feel like "get you off our workload fast". As I felt was the case when I had issues getting on these very boards, took over a week just to handle that, when it could have taken a fraction of the time by stating all information in a checklist. Or CS telling me to simply bug things, without addressing that this does not help my issue, of missing gear or whatever.

4. The lockpick game. I know some people like it and respect that. I really don't care for it at all. I wish an alternative to reward players like me to get loot from chests by putting in as much effort as those using lockpicks. I don;t think it should go altogether, though changing it would not bother me as much. I usually like such puzzles.

5. Objectives in rooms with fast respawns. Especially ones where there is a book worth reading. You have chance to click on it then get out before respawn, sometimes that is taxing.

6. No journal or log of any kind, of books and lore you read. A lot of work has gone into these, and because of number 5 or simply because I am grouped and must crack on, I do not have time to read and remember them all. Be nice if when you read something, it is entered into a database like a lore section or something to read later away from quests and dungeons.

7. The overcharge/soft cap. Self defeating on the concept of playing any way you like in freedom. What happens is you end up doing the same as many others, to maximise your skill points, to create a build that may be the most effective, but not what you really wanted.

8. Trophies and pets taking up inventory space. Inventory and bank space are precious and expensive to upgrade as it is. If these are vanity items, create a sub category in your inventory that does not use actual space like for quest items.

9. The amount of preparation materials. I like that we have different recipes, and each alliance have their own, but the amount of ingredients is off the charts and changes so quickly ever few levels.
    Options
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: 6, there is a tab in your journal (top right) that allows you to reread any lore book you have come across. I know it doesn't help with the 100s of other books in game, but it is something at least.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Obvious vampires that milly about in cities without being KOS.

2. Boss mobs respawning as soon as they die, resulting in me having to run back from the wayshrine to loot their corpses. This is especially annoying if killing the mob completes a quest, and I no longer have the waypoint marker.

3. Inappropriate names. If you put a racial slur in your name, I will report you.

4. People who complain that there's too much emphasis on quests and not enough on grinding. What? Is this bizarro world?

5. Anyone who calls this game a WoW clone. Just ... I don't even.
    Options
  • misterme2011
    misterme2011
    ✭✭
    Dumb character names - Gandalf Skywalker?? Lovepump??

The 'bonus' treasure maps for all functions that are totally clogging up my bank! A bonus shouldn't be a curse! Are those treasure maps even worth much? I haven't had a chance to try using them but I feel compelled to keep them all just in case
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I like my pets....sniff
    1. All of a sudden my weapon comes out for combat.
    2. People running up and harvesting while I'm fighting the critter that is nearest to it.
    3. Blind game bashers on the forums
    4. Bots,bot trains and gold spammer they should all be fair game and kos with a bounty on their heads
    5. Characters named XxwhateverxX
    Edited by Alurria on May 9, 2014 4:57PM
    Options
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    Teenagers who won't clean up after themselves or put things back where they found them. Wait, in game... sorry... let me think.
    The Sidekick Order
    Options
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    My number one pet peeve is connection and stability. I can't tell you how many times I'm doing something and then suddenly the game doesn't respond. And then it takes a few minutes for the game to realize that the game has crashed. Often, it's because the server went down for a second. Other times, I don't even know why. It just does it.

Yesterday, I was playing and then my whole computer just reset out of the blue. Hasn't done that ever.

I know people will come in and say, "it must be your computer or your connection" but the fact is NO OTHER GAME DOES THIS like this. Every MMO I play is completely stable for the most part. ESO crashes constantly.

I really like the game. Sure, they could improve a lot of things, and I hope they do. But if this isn't fixed, I have no choice but to leave.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
    Options
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Underground Bots.
    • The lack of a "muzzle" ability. I would get tremendous satisfaction from being able to walk over to a certain bank NPC and /slap a muzzle on her. Oh, and some town gossips as well!
    • Flying Bots.
    • Telling me I can't fish in werewolf form. I'm not a werewolf, but even if I was a werewolf, why can't I fish this way?!
    • Flying, flappy pets in banks/tradeskill areas.
    • Bots that walk on the ground just like I do.
    • Endless time spent managing inventory.
    • The Bot Zergs, killing everything as far as the eyes can see. Repeatedly.
    • When, just at that critical life or death moment, you click and click and click...but no combat art, spell or heal goes off.
    • Having my treasure chest stolen from under me by the player nearby spamming their "E" key and catching the chest just as I hit the last tumbler.
    • Did I already list Bots?
    • DK death grip...stop stealing my mob!
    • Lack of gear filtering in Decon/Research mode.
    • The fact that trophies, CE items and disguises count in inventory. I worked hard for those things, or paid money to enjoy them...they shouldn't have an inventory penalty associated with them.
    • Full containers that are really empty. LIES.
    • Bots!

That said, this game is great and I have great hope that these and the other peeves listed in the thread will eventually be addressed in some way. :D

| GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
    Options
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    My number one pet peeve is connection and stability. I can't tell you how many times I'm doing something and then suddenly the game doesn't respond. And then it takes a few minutes for the game to realize that the game has crashed. Often, it's because the server went down for a second. Other times, I don't even know why. It just does it.

Yesterday, I was playing and then my whole computer just reset out of the blue. Hasn't done that ever.

I know people will come in and say, "it must be your computer or your connection" but the fact is NO OTHER GAME DOES THIS like this. Every MMO I play is completely stable for the most part. ESO crashes constantly.

I really like the game. Sure, they could improve a lot of things, and I hope they do. But if this isn't fixed, I have no choice but to leave.

I have been disconnected literally twice in a month with not a single crash or reset, which is some kind of new record for stability for me. Coming from Rift, where crashes happen 2-3 times a day and disconnects are inevitable, it really pays to play those other games that run much worse, it makes you appreciate ESO's stability that much more.

Truly sorry it's giving you trouble, maybe a driver or overheating issue? ESO is a pretty high profile game on graphics cards. When was the last time you cleaned out your computer case? You should clean it once a month at a minimum to avoid heating issues that cause crashes.
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm almost afraid to say it, so let me put it this way how many other people have you seen post the exact same issue as yours? There is a reason I'm asking, it could be many things causing this issue. A server down the line is going bad on the route you go through to get to the game. If you are wireless there maybe interference. Without you checking your system and access first to eliminate any problems on your end how do you expect them to fix a problem that maybe exclusive to your setup? Whew...
    Options
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭

I'm almost afraid to say it, so let me put it this way how many other people have you seen post the exact same issue as yours? There is a reason I'm asking, it could be many things causing this issue. A server down the line is going bad on the route you go through to get to the game. If you are wireless there maybe interference. Without you checking your system and access first to eliminate any problems on your end how do you expect them to fix a problem that maybe exclusive to your setup? Whew...

Well, quite often when I lose connection, everyone else in the same area (of the game) loses connection as well. This is not on my end.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
    Options
  • Coolits
    Coolits
    ✭✭✭
    View distance and ground clutter distance is far to short, what I would give for higher slider values on the PC version ^_^ When you're in a really open area all I can think about is how close the fog is and that it's because of console limitations :(
    Options