Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Your Pet Peeves?

Ageless
Ageless
✭✭✭
My list of pet peeves about TESO is this short list:
1. Fighting a heroic fight for dear life and that chest or runestone that's on the other side of the mob you're fighting, then another punk coming along, not helping you in the fight, but instead just nicking the node before you can reach it/are done with your fight.
2. Approaching a node to harvest, for it to disappear as soon as you try to interact with it.
3. People/bots that harvest only the flower content out of a node and leave the worms/crawlers in.
4. People that harvest only the worthy content out of chests and leave worthless things like lockpicks behind.
5. Lockpicks having no worth.
6. Some simple locks being more difficult than advanced/master locks.
7. Provisioning reaching level 50 way easy, while enchanting takes frickin' ages.
8. Opening chests giving more experience than enchanting.
9. People leaving their Twilight Matriarch on when indoors, and the irritating thing then always flapping in your interaction window.
10. Things in your bank being available in your Deconstruct window.
11. Quest-related NPCs doing their yell for way after you've finished the quest. And no way to turn them off.
12. Dwarven ingots not being more worth than iron, steel or orichalcum ingots. Are ebony ingots worth more?
13. Some single player quests where the user has to fight 2 or more heavy guardians in a row and be supposed to survive, all the while trying to figure out what puzzle ends this sub-quest part. And then I am not even talking about the main quest.
14. Stupid messages: you cannot do that while you're in battle. You cannot log out while you're in battle. You cannot do that while you're dead. Ploing, ploing (the sound, without any reason being given why I cannot pick up/harvest/interact with that node).
15. Purported single player dungeons that require you to go through with a group.

What's yours? :)
Edited by Ageless on May 8, 2014 1:22AM
Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adoring fans. people following you around and wait for you to attack first and meddle with all your fights. And grab chest or nodes first and then meddle.
    If you need help, fine, but ask to group and not just leech of other people.
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    15. Purported single player dungeons that require you to go through with a group.

Just so you know.. this is wrong. There are zero dungeons that advertise themselves as single player but which instead require a group. There are delves and public dungeons (which most people think at the same thing, and thus call delves public dungeons).. delves are single player caves.. those things with one boss. Public dungeons are much larger versions of delves that have multiple bosses, a group objective that you get an achievement for, and large packs of mobs. Public dungeons have always been meant to have a group. There is even a popup that states so the first time you enter one.

I will agree they could be marked better.. but in no way are they purported to be solo.

Edited to add: Just cause I realized I didn't add anything regarding pet peeves.. I'm gonna steal Greydog's and add a few.

No reply function in the mail.
    Not able to report/ignore with a single right click.
    No way without an addon to search guild stores, or at least filter options for recipes, motif books, or materials by profession.
    A lot of containers coming up empty after a recent hotfix.
    People looting things when you're busy fighting the mob that was standing next to the thing.

Also @elst93neb18_ESO;94531 I wasn't trying to dismiss your annoyances.. I more just don't want false info being spread. That's the only reason I corrected the one point.
    Edited by Lalai on May 8, 2014 2:09AM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Adoring fans. people following you around and wait for you to attack first and meddle with all your fights. And grab chest or nodes first and then meddle.
    If you need help, fine, but ask to group and not just leech of other people.

Dungeon groupies. Just ask to group and the xp will be better (in theory) Dont know why they wont, it's not like it's a marriage proposal.

If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
    Options
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »

This add-on will help with that. The reply, not the ignore, sadly.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info226-MailR.html
    Edited by demendred on May 8, 2014 2:55AM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
    Options
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are

- The reference to Twilight when the word Vampire comes up .

- The Deathknight Deathgrip when I'm fighting a mob .

-When I'm doing AOE and someone rides over it while being chased by mobs .

- Bots taking my kill .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I get ready to tackle the boss enemy at the end of a dungeon... only to find 30 people/bots camping him.

Or on a lesser yet still irritable scale, getting ready to fight a boss, only to have him already slaughtered by another player or two.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Finding the correct path up the mountain.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
    Options
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess horses and pets in towns and cities is mine too. It's always bothered me in every game when people ride mounts right up to the doors of buildings. Horses should be stabled, pets should be unsummoned, weapons should be sheathed.

In any inventory management thread, we advise people not to pick everything up, so I am pretty forgiving of people leaving junk behind. I pick it up when I come across it in harvested nodes and destroy it myself...if I have room.

But these are MMO peeves, not TESO peeves specifically.
    Options
  • Kathleen.Flynn02b14_ESO
    VlVEC wrote: »
    Finding the correct path up the mountain.

I HATE mountains!
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chomppa wrote: »
    - The reference to Twilight when the word Vampire comes up .

^ This ^ 100% this! There is more to vampirism than that abominable TV show.

Other pet peeves:

The low-res textures on the horses, especially the head.

Mountains - always in my way when I want to get somewhere!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath.

I really don't like what's been done to his personality. He's not insane anymore, he's just inane.
    Edited by Sarenia on May 8, 2014 10:15AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    demendred wrote: »
    Greydog wrote: »

This add-on will help with that. The reply, not the ignore, sadly.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info226-MailR.html

Thanks for the link :)

While I appreciate that there are those out there willing to fill the numerous gaps that Zen has left in their game. The fact that Zen basically relies on them as un-paid programmers does not sit well with me.

There are many more small UI omissions that I could add to a list of peeves but I'll just say that the fact they did omit so many features is in itself the problem.

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not being able to put a lower level rune on a higher level item. This guaranties that enchanting will only be useful long after I get to VR10.

Having to go to the bank to get rid of crafting mats.

Freaking killer fish .
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My literal pet peeve is the overuse of pets. You don't need to take your monkey to the bank folks. I feel like I am in a zoo rather than a reputable financial establishment. Saying that I really really want a bantam guar. I will only take it on long, lonely journeys with me though and not use it while in a city.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like pet peeves, I prefer cats.
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My literal pet peeve is the overuse of pets. You don't need to take your monkey to the bank folks. I feel like I am in a zoo rather than a reputable financial establishment. Saying that I really really want a bantam guar. I will only take it on long, lonely journeys with me though and not use it while in a city.

There aren't that many pets around anymore but I remember the first few days where those lil vermin were everywhere.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet peeve? That, I'm sorry to say it, a fairly bland and generic MMO was jammed with ES lore like a thanksgiving turkey, and sold as an ES game. Very disappointing.
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »
    Just so you know.. this is wrong. There are zero dungeons that advertise themselves as single player but which instead require a group. There are delves and public dungeons (which most people think at the same thing, and thus call delves public dungeons)..

LOL, I claim ignorance and blame all the Skyshard 'help pages' that tell me of solo-dungeons. :)
    E.g. MMORPG-Life:
    Inside Crestshade Mines solo dungeon.
    and
    Gamemaps Scout: In the tunnels under Crestshade (Inside Crestshade Mine solo dungeon).

But let me redo that then:
    15. Purported single player delves that require you to go through with a group.
    And let me add:
    16. My fat fingers always being on the wrong keys at the wrong moment. Trying to dodge myself out of a sticky moment, but finding that I'm holding ESFD instead of WADS. Or throwing my Ultimate weapon into the fight way before I really needed it (and it's on Z, so imagine how I fumble around. ;)).
    17. Why are Khajiits calling me Five-Claw when they themselves have 5 claws on both front paws? An oversight of the animator?
    18. Lag, always at the wrong moment. Hit an ability, nothing happens. 7 seconds later the ability fires my complete magicka empty. 10 seconds after that I'm dumped off the server for spamming... ;)
    Jord.

Options
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭

16. My fat fingers always being on the wrong keys at the wrong moment. Trying to dodge myself out of a sticky moment, but finding that I'm holding ESFD instead of WADS. Or throwing my Ultimate weapon into the fight way before I really needed it (and it's on Z, so imagine how I fumble around. ;)).

I'm not the only one!
    The Sidekick Order
    Options
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    - Vampires and Werewolves, unneeded, overused, and just cause balance problems
    - Quests that send me back to same place 3 times. Just give me all 3 quests at once, geeze.
    - Having a million honing stones and dwarven oil/ grain solvent/ tempered alloy being next to impossible to find.
    Options
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    What's yours? :)

My pet peeve is people that ask what my pet peeves are. :smiley:
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    People shooting off spells in town; I dislike suddenly drawing my weapons randomly. Familiars in indoors in town - I swear sometimes clanifers cause collisions there.

F*ing loud moth NPCs - I am tired about hearing about the "damn dog", "mudcrab houses", "frozen town" and other issues, especially when I have dealt the the problem. And various clerks giving the same damned speech EVERY time you talk to them.

However, on number 10 I actually find it convenient to deconstruct stuff from the bank.
    Options
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That weird glitch that every once in awhile makes it impossible for you to draw your weapons or fire off anything on your hot bar yet leaves you targetable by mobs. Inability to hide more armor pieces besides your helmet. (Okay not shirt and pants - everyone would be naked.)
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Message "Can't fish in werewolf form" - when you aren't even a werewolf.
    Options
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest buggaboos are: Bots / Gold Spammers, non-instanced delves / public dungeons when already in a group, Bots / Gold Spammers, too little bank storage, no quick way to see if a trait is already researched, Bots / Gold Spammers, ***, *** and Bots / Gold Spammers
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 9, 2014 8:09PM
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Options
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    GeeYouWhy wrote: »
    I don't like pet peeves, I prefer cats.

My pet Peeve is I want to be able to kill cats :)

Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    And various clerks giving the same damned speech EVERY time you talk to them.

But have you noticed the guards? They do have changing repertoire. Not only can one (city-)guard tell you a whole long intricate thing, the next time around you meet that one, it'll be something different he says. So I have already wondered, why can't the clerks/merchants then? (Aside from huge database requirements, probably, and adding of yet more lag for the clerk to have a new witty come-back you haven't heard yet... ;))
    Jord.

Options
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Thought of another one that drives me batty:

Shields requiring Woodworking. Who thought this was a good idea? Small shields/bucklers for woodworking, sure, but why can't I make a metal shield, especially when the large shields are all clearly 100% metal? Drives me bananas!
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB/WTT/WTS chat spam is my pet peeve. I hate that crap with a fiery, burning passion.
    Options