The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't talk "meaningless matter" while the group boss fighting at the dungeon and trial.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't talk "meaningless matter" while the group boss fighting at the dungeon and trial.

"Hey! I want XXXXset dagger." "I'll take any of XXXXset please!" "LF XXX!"

Well, it's OK. But, let's talk about trading issue after finishing your job. >:)
Please concentrate to slay the boss before chattering. :#

One day those people kill every 12 team member, because some of them are too much involved in trading matter
through the combat, and lost concentration against finishing the boss.

I was very angry at that time. Please don't.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    People can actually ask for things like this whenever they want! Unless you’re the known raid lead in a group you have put together, you really can’t be deciding what people say and when. People leave random groups pretty much the second the final boss dies a lot of the time so often if people don’t mention it before then, everyone won’t actually see it.
    If the group is uncoordinated enough that someone typing a request in chat wipes the whole group, you were probably going to wipe anyway.

IMO it’s best not to have such high standards for random groups. If this isn’t a random group issue, then it’s probably best to talk to your group rather than trying to tell everyone on the forums to play how you personally want. Hope this helps!
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless people are actually typing this in the middle of combat, I don’t understand what the problem is…

EDIT AFTER OP'S CLARIFICATION: My mistake, I thought OP was referring to people saying this at the beginning of the trial or before the tank pulled. Writing this kind of stuff in the middle of a boss fight is indeed just stupid...
    Edited by Ph1p on February 12, 2024 8:25AM
    Options
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ph1p wrote: »
    Unless people are actually typing this in the middle of combat, I don’t understand what the problem is…

He did say during combat.
    Luckily, I've never experienced that happening.
    Options
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlats wrote: »
    People can actually ask for things like this whenever they want! Unless you’re the known raid lead in a group you have put together, you really can’t be deciding what people say and when. People leave random groups pretty much the second the final boss dies a lot of the time so often if people don’t mention it before then, everyone won’t actually see it.
    If the group is uncoordinated enough that someone typing a request in chat wipes the whole group, you were probably going to wipe anyway.

IMO it’s best not to have such high standards for random groups. If this isn’t a random group issue, then it’s probably best to talk to your group rather than trying to tell everyone on the forums to play how you personally want. Hope this helps!

He is saying about peoples talking during combat, which of course is not a good time to be trading.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m known for typing mid combat. It’s possible but does require practice.
    Regardless, people should mention what they want at the very beginning or just wait and see if anyone links the item they need.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    N3CR01 wrote: »

He is saying about peoples talking during combat, which of course is not a good time to be trading.

If people in a pug are just rushing through the whole trial, as is standard, then I’m not sure when else people are supposed to say it? In most pug runs I’m on people don’t really give time before bosses etc to type stuff like this they just blast through. And again, if it’s not a pug, then there’s no point announcing it to forums when you could just communicate with your planned group.
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply say, "finish your job first then talk".

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People leave random groups pretty much the second the final boss dies a lot of the time so often if people don’t mention it before then, everyone won’t actually see it.

This is true and, now with StickerBook, a lot of people bind on their way through a dungeon or trial. I don't know the details of the OP's scenario (first boss? second boss? etc.) but I can see some folks trying to mention what they are looking for especially during the first fight if the group got going quickly and they are trying to keep people from automatically binding gear they aren't actively farming.

I love StickerBook but it definitely lowers the chances significantly of getting a drop you need from someone else. I bind all the way through if I need ANY piece because any piece I get reduces the number of runs I need to do in the dungeon/trial, unless I know that someone in the group is looking for something specific that I'm not actively planning to use. People who wait until the end to share their requests do miss out a little more now. I won't put my "greed" before someone's "need" but I'm not going to miss out on more curated drops by waiting until the end of the run to bind, either.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    People leave random groups pretty much the second the final boss dies a lot of the time so often if people don’t mention it before then, everyone won’t actually see it.

This is true and, now with StickerBook, a lot of people bind on their way through a dungeon or trial. I don't know the details of the OP's scenario (first boss? second boss? etc.) but I can see some folks trying to mention what they are looking for especially during the first fight if the group got going quickly and they are trying to keep people from automatically binding gear they aren't actively farming.

I love StickerBook but it definitely lowers the chances significantly of getting a drop you need from someone else. I bind all the way through if I need ANY piece because any piece I get reduces the number of runs I need to do in the dungeon/trial, unless I know that someone in the group is looking for something specific that I'm not actively planning to use. People who wait until the end to share their requests do miss out a little more now. I won't put my "greed" before someone's "need" but I'm not going to miss out on more curated drops by waiting until the end of the run to bind, either.

...I don't know the details of the OP's scenario (first boss? second boss? etc.)

Last boss of nDSR.

Some of them(3 or 5 people) was too much keep doing "hype" for their gear trading matter
    even in last boss battle phase. And forget mech and killing add enemy, and wiped. They totally lost concentration
    against combat.

Tank also complained against it.

2023/12/21
    Options
  • jlats
    jlats
    ✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

...I don't know the details of the OP's scenario (first boss? second boss? etc.)

Last boss of nDSR.

Some of them(3 or 5 people) was too much keep doing "hype" for their gear trading matter
    even in last boss battle phase. And forget mech and killing add enemy, and wiped. They totally lost concentration
    against combat.

Tank also complained against it.

Right but do you not see how this is one specific case where this has been an actual problem, and how there is no point complaining on the forums about an incident that’s already happened that didn’t involve anyone here? And how telling other people not to ask for things they need during runs is silly for the aforementioned reasons, just because you had a bad run.
    Edited by jlats on February 12, 2024 9:33AM
    Options