The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Life Festival 2023 Extension

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone! We wanted to give you a heads up that due to a scheduled maintenance for all megaservers on Wednesday, January 3rd, we are extending the New Life Festival. Normally, we would extend the event by one day to account for the maintenance, however we have also seen player requests asking for a longer event, inline with past New Life Festivals, so we have decided to extend the event by six days.

This will change the end date from Wednesday, January 3 at 10:00am ET to Tuesday, January 9 at 10:00am ET. Additionally, this increases the amount of earnable tickets from 42 to 60. These changes are now reflected in the New Life Festival blog post. Thanks so much and enjoy the extra days of the New Life Festival!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on December 21, 2023 4:20PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. @ZOS_Kevin, what a WONDERFUL gesture from all of you at ZOS! You just made the rest of my year....

Blessed be, all of you!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure many will appreciate the extension, though still seems unclear why it wasnt set like that initially lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was... unexpected. Unexpected but not unwelcome.

Thank you, it is much appreciated.
    Options
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    As one of the complainers in the original thread... Thank You!!
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    waow that is wonderful :3
    thanks Kevin
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Awesome! Thanks!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for keeping it the usual event length!
    Options
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the extension!
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, ZOS! I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday time. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Also please be advised, January 9th is a Tuesday. Article says it’s a Wednesday. Sorry for the nitpick, just trying to avoid confusion down the line!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tusen tack! Käre Kevin! :)
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin Also please be advised, January 9th is a Tuesday. Article says it’s a Wednesday. Sorry for the nitpick, just trying to avoid confusion down the line!

Thanks for this. We'll update that now.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick action.
    Options
  • Brightuatha
    Brightuatha
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! It’s my favorite event!!
    Options
  • Wereswan
    Wereswan
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. <3
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fantastic! That makes the event match my annual leave for this year perfectly. I have 7 alt characters to level up, and this will definitely help. Cheers, @ZOS_Kevin ! <<cue clinking of a pair of Breda's bottomless mead mugs>>
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • FluffyDoom
    FluffyDoom
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!

Merry Holidays to all <3

**Happy dance**
    Options
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the extension. Have a nice holiday :p
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a really great gesture and nice to see such a response to community requests and concerns!
    Happy holidays to all! :relaxed:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 18, 2023 10:24PM
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, and for the extension!
    Options
  • Mrrshaw
    Mrrshaw
    Thank you for the extension and the information! Huzzah!
    Options
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cynical side says this was a business move. To shorten the event, and if people noticed and made a fuss, it gave ZOS an opportunity to look good in the players’ eyes.

But either way, idc. I’m just grateful it got extended.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! We wanted to give you a heads up that due to a scheduled maintenance for all megaservers on Wednesday, January 3rd, we are extending the New Life Festival. Normally, we would extend the event by one day to account for the maintenance, however we have also seen player requests asking for a longer event, inline with past New Life Festivals, so we have decided to extend the event by six days.

This will change the end date from Wednesday, January 3 at 10:00am ET to Tuesday, January 9 at 10:00am ET. Additionally, this increases the amount of earnable tickets from 42 to 60. These changes are now reflected in the New Life Festival blog post. Thanks so much and enjoy the extra days of the New Life Festival!

Thank you!

I really don't get why we needed this situation to begin with, but at least you worked with us. I'm especially happy to see some proactivity on recognizing that maintenance might impact the event.

Hopefully next year doesn't require our rather emphatic requests to keep it at 20 days.
    Options
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the point of New Life being longer was to allow people at least some chance to *catch up* on past things they missed during the year.

(Now I haven't actually missed anything but I know that other people have. I'll use the spare days to catch up on Indriks. Of course.)
    Options
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    It's really nice it's been extended so everyone will get a chance to participate.

I hope in future they go back to having it start earlier in December, though. It's way more fun to do festive activities like this leading up to, and during, the holidays... after January 1st all my holiday cheer has been used up, haha.

But I will still appreciate the double XP :)
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thank you!
    Options
  • smdalyb14_ESO
    smdalyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Thanks for this. We'll update that now.

Steam announcement still says "Wednesday, January 9, 2024" @ZOS_Kevin
    Options