The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Azureblight lol

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dat wrote: »
    hssjv5i84jj5.png
    Seems uhm....working as intended? New zerg set confirmed

Its actually a funny change, they decided to rework the set because it was causing lag so now they make it delete the players to remove the lag instead.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on August 24, 2023 12:17AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hssjv5i84jj5.png

Its actually a funny change, they decided to rework the set because it was causing lag so now they make it delete the players to remove the lag instead.

You mean delete ball groups or stacked players?

Why is this a bad thing?
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    hssjv5i84jj5.png

Both, based on our experience last night :trollface:
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    He's not trying to pretend he's a solo player. If you're looking for the "I hate heal stacking" topic STOP... You've gone too far.

Let me reiterate.

Stop. You've gone too far.

"New zerg set confirmed" is what he said. Hes trying to pretend like this is a set used by zergs against solo players. This is a set used by solo players against zergs. Its very ineffective against solo players because you have to have 20 dot ticks to do 3k damage. Probably one of the worst xv1 proc sets in the game.

Each player with AB contributes to the stack getting to 20 faster.

At any rate; I suspect the use to grow until purge is used often again, and then Plaguebreak will be a bit more useful again as it can be less damage than AB especially if you separate a bit.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 24, 2023 5:00AM
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caltrops, Necrotic Orb, Acid Spray and Soul Splitting Trap sounds like a fun combo to make this set explode
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    hssjv5i84jj5.png

Both, based on our experience last night :trollface:

Good
    Options
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    For example after we saw that we farmed sets and went out to try it. Just defending open gates on keeps was hilarious. I think we had 5 just dropping caltrops/wall of elements/twisting paths/conduits/ and poison spray. Players were just exploding as they were running in lol. I will say it was definitely amusing

arcanist beams would actually be one of the fastest ways to trigger this proc (tick rate of .3 times per sec get to 20 stacks in just under 7 seconds by itself lol)

not that the beam needs any more help to be deadly in the right situation lol

Dang, I thought it was stack every half second, but it’s explosion! You can stack ‘em fast. Deadly + Azureblight might be a pretty wicked combo!

For everyone else, Jesus Beam is DoT, not sure about Anarchists though

EDIT: Did Masters Maces and Vate Frost just get 100x better? lol

azureblight has always stacked as fast as dots tick (every dot tick is 1 stack), with the update they added the explosion cooldown of half a second (it used to be cooldown per target on adding stacks after the explosion)

in a way it kind of made it stronger because while the explosion cannot go off simultaneously, a half of a second cooldown + scaling explosion arguably make it better for dealing with large mobs, assuming you can reach 20 stacks in a reasonable amount of time

i dont know if the vateshran proc can add stacks, since that would be a proc procing a proc, the dual wield skill ticks way too slow to build azureblight fast enough to make it tick in a reasonable amount of time

azureblight historically was never really good in pvp because purging removed all of the stacks, so it was almost impossible to reach 20 stacks before either the target died or it was purged

if the blight seed debuff it applies stacks from multiple players, it could be way easier to hit 20 stacks, more people wearing it would be like a force multiplier

with the way they changed it, and as described in this post, it actually is pretty anti-ball group of a lot of enemy players are wearing it

Azureblight historically was very strong in PvP.
    Changes to DoT and AoE tick frequencies made it weak recently
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    Theignson wrote: »
    For example after we saw that we farmed sets and went out to try it. Just defending open gates on keeps was hilarious. I think we had 5 just dropping caltrops/wall of elements/twisting paths/conduits/ and poison spray. Players were just exploding as they were running in lol. I will say it was definitely amusing

arcanist beams would actually be one of the fastest ways to trigger this proc (tick rate of .3 times per sec get to 20 stacks in just under 7 seconds by itself lol)

Is the beam a proc or an area effect channel? If its a channeled ability it is boosted by Deadly set but would not set off azureblight

Just because it's a channel doesn't mean it wouldn't proc Azureblight - it's still DoT damage.

I think of a dot as something that is applied once , then continues to hit the person over time. Whereas the beam is a channeled direct damage-- if you step out of the beam it doesn't continue to damage over time. Could easily be tested, though, the standards arent exactly airtight!

The beam is considered DoT damage though - it is affected by the DoT CP unlike something like Rapid Strikes.
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Dang, I thought it was stack every half second, but it’s explosion! You can stack ‘em fast. Deadly + Azureblight might be a pretty wicked combo!

i dont know if the vateshran proc can add stacks, since that would be a proc procing a proc, the dual wield skill ticks way too slow to build azureblight fast enough to make it tick in a reasonable amount of time

Azureblight has always bypassed the proc rule. So procs should add stacks, unless they changed that this patch specifically
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol dannng. Ball group equalizer.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JerBearESO wrote: »

Azureblight has always bypassed the proc rule. So procs should add stacks, unless they changed that this patch specifically

They changed this ~3-4 patches ago, so it no longer ignores the proc rule.
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also used to stack off Status DoTs and Alchemical Poisons.

If Arc Beam is the only way to run this set in PvP then restore the old tick rate of Necrotic Orb. Circa 2 or 3 years ago this set was disastrously OP, sometimes you could win a 1v1 in like 4 seconds. The changes a while ago made it close to useless in PvP.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Remember when Growing Swarm proc'd Azureblight on all nearby enemies? Every enemy with Growing Swarm would generate Azureblight stacks on all nearby enemies. If 4 enemies had Growing Swarm then 16 stacks of Azureblight would be generated every 2 seconds. In other words n^2/2 stacks per second where n = # of players w/ Growing Swarm.

We used to get 5+ million damage Deathmatch games fairly regularly. It was wild.
    PC NA
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh that's too ba....I mean, that's good 😊
    Options
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can azureblight still proc off-hand?
    Edited by Sleep724 on September 5, 2023 11:56PM
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly PUGs will never use this set (they'll just yell about hot staking), so ball groups don't have to worry. As always, though.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Sadly PUGs will never use this set (they'll just yell about hot staking), so ball groups don't have to worry. As always, though.

Because AB is not very usefull when you don't fight stacked group.

I ask only for them to solve the combat bug so I could swap my sets on the fly, unfortunately now when you see that you are against a ball group is already too late, you will be in combat the next hour without having the possibility to adjust your build to effectively fight them.
    Options
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stacks that the Azureblight set applies are not able to be purged.
    Anyone know if this is intended behaviour?
    Options
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    At any rate; I suspect the use to grow until purge is used often again, and then Plaguebreak will be a bit more useful again as it can be less damage than AB especially if you separate a bit.

Unfortunately, purge does not remove the stacks Azureblight applies.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unfortunately, purge does not remove the stacks Azureblight applies.

Pretty sure I've purged it. I've watched my debuffs quite a bit lately given the proc meta. Maybe they just timed out, but I've seen them go away. Seem to be the last thing to go
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Could some people suggest how to build around this set, please?

For cyrodiil mostly zerg surfing or occasional solo RSS taking. I know its very niche but I like the idea of stacking dots on the flags to help take keeps....
    DK
    5/5/2
    Azureblight on body
    Boost DOT damage with Deadly Strike?
    Boost AOE with Dragons Dominion?
    Something else?

Thanks for your suggestions..
    Edited by TankHealz2015 on December 12, 2023 4:40PM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could some people suggest how to build around this set, please?

For cyrodiil mostly zerg surfing or occasional solo RSS taking. I know its very niche but I like the idea of stacking dots on the flags to help take keeps....
    DK
    5/5/2
    Azureblight on body
    Boost DOT damage with Deadly Strike?
    Boost AOE with Dragons Dominion?
    Something else?

Thanks for your suggestions..

i would guess you would want to go azureblight + VD

then use a lot of dots to get stacks (caltrops, wall of elements, and sticky dots like the aoe soul trap, or class skills with fast ticks such as jesus beam, necro tether, or arcanist beam (out of those the arcanist beam would be the most potent))
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Need combine with a set that also works for NPC guards.

What's the best way to boost the boom?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need combine with a set that also works for NPC guards.

What's the best way to boost the boom?

dark convergence + azureblight will be able to work entirely on NPCs and receive boosted dmg

plaguebreak counts NPCs to boost the explosion dmg, but the proc cannot be applied to NPCs themselves, so if there were no players to afflict, it wouldnt be useful

in terms of actual pvp, i would still suggest azure + VD though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa!! This is a significant detail. I never knew this.

"Plaguebreak counts NPCs to boost the explosion dmg, but the proc cannot be applied to NPCs themselves, so if there were no players to afflict, it wouldnt be useful"

I'll really consider Dark Conv. / Rush Agony.
    Was curious of Dragon Dominion, but not enough transmute stones....
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa!! This is a significant detail. I never knew this.

"Plaguebreak counts NPCs to boost the explosion dmg, but the proc cannot be applied to NPCs themselves, so if there were no players to afflict, it wouldnt be useful"

I'll really consider Dark Conv. / Rush Agony.
    Was curious of Dragon Dominion, but not enough transmute stones....

plaguebreak used to able to apply to NPCs but then it was nerfed so NPCs could no longer be "plague carriers", however if a player becomes a plague carrier and purges or dies, the explosion scales based on number of targets hit, which includes NPCs

ah the old days of plaguebombing the NPCs lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you apply a stack of Blight Seed to your target for 5 seconds. At 20 stacks, Blight Seed explodes, dealing 1565 Disease Damage to the target and nearby enemies, plus an additional 30% per enemy hit, up to 180%, scaling off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage. You can only trigger one explosion every 0.5 seconds. An enemy can only have one instance of Blight Seed at a time.

The recap seems to indicate you might have been in a group of your own when you were "faced with multiple attackers..." in order to receive the amount of damage you got per the Azureblight tooltip. But how dare an organized group use a set as intended.

How do you get it to 20 stacks within 5 seconds with the GCD limiting how many DoTs you can cast? Does it require DoTs from multiple players to explode? I am thinking about trying Azureblight in the Endless Archive against the mobs but am not understanding how it works.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you apply a stack of Blight Seed to your target for 5 seconds. At 20 stacks, Blight Seed explodes, dealing 1565 Disease Damage to the target and nearby enemies, plus an additional 30% per enemy hit, up to 180%, scaling off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage. You can only trigger one explosion every 0.5 seconds. An enemy can only have one instance of Blight Seed at a time.

The recap seems to indicate you might have been in a group of your own when you were "faced with multiple attackers..." in order to receive the amount of damage you got per the Azureblight tooltip. But how dare an organized group use a set as intended.

How do you get it to 20 stacks within 5 seconds with the GCD limiting how many DoTs you can cast? Does it require DoTs from multiple players to explode? I am thinking about trying Azureblight in the Endless Archive against the mobs but am not understanding how it works.

each effect considered a dot adds 1 stack, so you get stacks faster with more dots + fast ticking dots

the fastest ticking dot available in the game is the arcanist beam (tick rate 0.5 sec, so it can apply 2 stacks of azureblight per second) and this can apply to every enemy your hitting with the beam

most ground based dots (caltrops, wall of elements, etc) tick at rate of 1 sec, which is the pretty straight 1 stack of azure per second

other fast ticking dots include the necromancer dmg tether (rate 0.6 per sec), or the templar jesus beam (0.6 tick rate)

if you use wall of element, caltrop, and then arcanist beam that is 3 GCD worth of skills and now your generating 4 stacks of azureblight per second, or explosion every 5 seconds

sticky dots help keep the stacks active, but they are far too slow to really contribute to the stacks too much (1 stack every 2 seconds)

if there are multiple players wearing azureblight, each players dots do contribute stacks, so you can make people explode faster (the fastest a player can explode is every 0.5 seconds, and the actual explosion is scaled to whoever applied the 20th stack)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

An Arcanist can apply 5 stacks a second with just their ultimate + beam alone. You can also stack a couple AOEs and DoTs like Fulminating or Soul Splitting Trap. No class does it as quick as arcanist but plenty of classes can still stack it effectively. There's no limit to how many stacks you can apply per global, only that you can only cause a detonation every 0.5s.

Multiple people wearing the set can all contribute to a target's stack count as well.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on December 15, 2023 4:10AM
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the fastest ticking dot available in the game is the arcanist beam (tick rate 0.5 sec, so it can apply 2 stacks of azureblight per second) and this can apply to every enemy your hitting with the beam
    Arcanist's beam (and the healing carpet) are .33s tick rate abilities - 3x every second, not 2x a sec.

Tide King is 0.5s tick rate.

Necro's tethers used to be 0.33s tick rates as well, but were nerfed conveniently right before Arcanist released because ZOS deemed only Arcanist should have that.

The tethers probably should still be that fast, as they're so hard to land consistently that a faster tick rate gives more "checks" and opportunities for the ability to register a hit.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on December 15, 2023 4:32AM
    Options