Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The music box or the book furnishing?

• Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apocryphal Tome furnishing (from Yensa)
    Danikat wrote: »
    Having started both quests and stopped over an hour later without finishing either I suspect the winner will be whichever proves to be quicker to complete repeatedly.

the pages one is the one guest that is using to vote for both options - when turning in your daily 5 pages, you decide which sister should get them
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look like this ingame (from Bethesda Stream)

Music Box and music (and beginning book because clip was too long lol)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ExuberantAgreeableChoughDansGame-DrGggYFmYBFO_XlN

Book and animation
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareVenomousDurianWutFace-Z7Yeak_OCCKuaHCH
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oath of the Keepers music box (from Tralise)
    Although I originally voted for the music box, I’ve since changed my mind after reading a lot of these posts and hope the book wins. My Arcanist wants it for his sanctum. 🧙‍♂️ 📕
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    They look like this ingame (from Bethesda Stream)

Music Box and music (and beginning book because clip was too long lol)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ExuberantAgreeableChoughDansGame-DrGggYFmYBFO_XlN

Book and animation
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareVenomousDurianWutFace-Z7Yeak_OCCKuaHCH

Oh, wow, definitely music box. The picture of the book on the event page looks much cooler, that just looks pretty generic...
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will likely put both in a package in the crown store along with the other items from the event for limited-time.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    As long as the Book does not make any noise

From the stream that was recenlty posted by Wolfkeks, it does sound like the book has a "wind whistling" sound when kept open.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    While this is nice and interesting - I would like to know which item goes to which npc exactly - for I have checked the event page yesterday and while the description said - book for Yensa and music box for Tralise - there are further pictures as you click on each on the page which show otherwise. The book picture has written underneath "Tralise" and the music box has "Yensa's" name under. Any certainty on these things? (and yeah I'm book team tyvm!)

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »
    As long as the Book does not make any noise

When you open it, it does the /trumpetsolo emote. 😉

:s
    PCNA
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Isn't this pertaining to the event, though?
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #TeamBook
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't vary up who was first click each time. It kind of makes it pointless as a vote since a lot of people are just going to always pick the first option.
  • Seiryn_Aerith
    Seiryn_Aerith
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone that wants to listen to the music box: https://youtu.be/3IGrkrYxDYI

I really hope the music box will be put up for sale later. It's such a shame to see it vanish into obscurity
    Wheeled - PC EU Guild
    Bing Bong on Wheeltube
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having listened to the music box, I want it even more now.

Thanks for posting that!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music box can play music.
    Does the Tome has any special interactions as a furnishing ? Or is it just glowing or something ?

I mean if it does not have anything unique, then I would assume that the only way Yensa is winning is beacuse she is 1st on the quest dialogue options and people are just spamming "1" skipping all the dialogue to be done with the quest as fast as possible

Also 2nd question would be: If I vote for the Music Box & Book wins - do I get the Book or nothing ?
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun of you vote for the music box but in the end the book wins you will get the book. Everyone gets whatever wins in the end :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll toss the music box in the crown store eventually. They're not going to create that just to discard it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread about this before it was closed and directed to this one:
    As far as furnishing items go, music boxes are much more attractive than what I assume is just a static glowing book that may perhaps open and close...

I love the tunes on the music boxes.
    I have zero reason to furnish and hang around a house in this game. What am I doing there? Just sitting on a chair admiring all the items I placed. 10 seconds then I'm leaving and wondering the world again.
    This isn't The Sims, so I don't have a reason really to kit out my houses to spend time in or live in them. I can't interact with almost anything in them apart from lights and chairs.
    If I want a crafting station I'll travel to one.

The music boxes do actually make me want to sit there to enjoy the music for a while before I head out again.

I kinda wished recently that we could place momentos down in the houses so we'd have more variety of interactive things.

I am disappointed that it looks like we won't be getting the music box based on the current favour.
    The music boxes are 1 of the things I actually try and "collect" to listen to the lovely tunes (some of them sound horrible to me so I didn't get those ones)
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I've heard the Music Box I've changed my mind and have started voting for it.
    PCNA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the music box because it looks like a cool miniature, but I'm hoping that whichever the result, they will give us an opportunity to get the other items as well somehow.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ll probably give us both. I wouldn’t worry too much.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ambiance on the book is really cool, would make for a cool dark secret in some house.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ll probably give us both. I wouldn’t worry too much.

My guess would be, we get ONE of them for free, then BOTH will be available for a limited time in the Crown Store. That way the players who wanted the one that didn't win can get it anyway (for Crowns), and players who don't have Necrom and didn't get the free one can buy either or both of them while they're in the Crown Store.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decided not to make it about the reward but base my decision on which outcome I would prefer. Tralise rising to power would be better for her House and the Telvanni Peninsula. sure, she should work on being more decisive but ultimately she could do a lot of good. However, the knowledge in those pages is quite valuable. it's also not cursed by Mora. he doesn't stoop to that level of interference in mortal affairs. Tralise would just lock them away, afraid of what's written in it. but I think this knowledge doesn't need to be feared and can be unlocked safely, so let Yensa have it.
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    Now I've heard the music box, I've also changed my mind. I'd like the music box.
    It's a real shame we couldn't have a preview of both items with animations and sound before the voting started.

Now this thread has been moved to Housing, of all places, I assume a lot of people are going to miss the previews posted here and will be effectively voting blind.
    Edited by evan302 on October 3, 2023 2:59PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are really nice! I had a strong preference for the book at first, but the music box tune is beautiful too, so I’ll be happy whichever wins and hope the other becomes available another way! :smiley:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 4, 2023 2:21AM
  • FluffyDoom
    FluffyDoom
    ✭✭✭
    63% book / 37% music box as of today on the event tracker page. What if...it ended up being 50%-50% (improbable I know, I know, but not impossible!).

That would be the absolute best outcome for me as I adore them both and everyone might be happy with receiving both rewards for free!!!!

Thanks ZOS so much, this has been a really fun/rewarding event.

• Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The book is static and pretty ugly looking so I've no real interest in it. The music box looks beautiful so I'd use it even if it were turned off.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    I would expect a fair few players have no music boxes, so it would have been nice to have.