Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The music box or the book furnishing?

Elvenheart
Elvenheart
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, just for the people who are going to participate in the upcoming Secrets of the Telvanni event AND hope to get the additional end-of-event reward, do you want the music box or the book? (Notice there isn't an option to choose I don't want either, I'm not participating, I don't like events, etc. This is my first poll so please be kind! :blush: )
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 29, 2023 2:35PM

The music box or the book furnishing? 261 votes

Oath of the Keepers music box (from Tralise)
32%
Caligamy_ESOalenae1b14_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOwookiefriseurSeiryn_AerithVriendaanitajoneb17_ESOSheezabeasthondelinkSorakaElvenheartBergisMacBrideCendrillion21MorimizoerdbeerheldHagrettcode65536Astironganzaesofizl101 86 votes
Apocryphal Tome furnishing (from Yensa)
67%
Benefactorbelial5221_ESOchuck-18_ESOKikazaruSythen88411BelegnoleGedericKesstrylGlassHalfFulljjohnson023b14_ESOopajHrogunDanikatnwilliams2107b16_ESOAlienSlofAthanasia_NocnitsaBethgaelphaneub17_ESOVrelanierShagreth 175 votes
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any option for us to listen to the music box before we make a decision?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any option for us to listen to the music box before we make a decision?

i dont think so, in the main thread about the event kevin did acknowledge that question from someone

so unlikely for this event, but kevin is passing on the feedback regarding that

as for the OP, i think i would lean towards the tome, but really doesnt matter to me

my girlfriend on the other hand definitely wants the music box lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have a preference. They both look pretty neat!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the look of both and would like to have both, so it’s hard to make a decision. I will likely end up splitting my in-game votes at turn-in.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • EthanolMuffins
    EthanolMuffins
    ✭✭✭
    Music box is another music box, while the tome is unique so i vote tome
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have both but, since I have to choose, I will choose the book because there are few eye catching books for housing. I hope we can preview the items before choosing.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish we could preview them. Is the book going to be interactable? Because, if not, and it's just a book that stands there and glows without ability to "turn it off" or turn the page or close the book or something/anything, then I would really rather the music box (which is something that you can interact with).

I think that's what makes me a little nervous about this. Although, it seems like I'm probably not going to get much of a choice; a lot of people seem to gravitate towards the book because it's "shiny, new, and different". So we will have to see if it turns out to be lackluster or not...

I have to hope they will allow us to buy the alternate gift at a later date in the crown store.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have quite a few music boxes already, and I like collecting them.
    BUT, I want more books, especially unique ones.

Tome.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Fenris_Arainai
      Fenris_Arainai
      ✭✭✭✭
      The music box.

I don't care about it being a music box, I care that it's Necrom-y Dark Elfy thing.
      Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't know if it's possible to preview each of them, but I'd like to know more about each one before choosing-- that is, be able to see the book and see what it does while idle as well as what it does (if anything) when interacted with, and be able to listen to the music box playing its melody. Then I'll feel more comfortable about voting for one or the other. :)
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Not a fan of the music boxes, so I don’t even need to preview to know which one I would like.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sturmfaenger
      Sturmfaenger
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I quickly tire of listening to a music box. Aaand I have a library in one of my houses. And a fancy glowing book will fit perfectly for that. So my choice is easy.
      PC/EU
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Please, please, let it be the tome. There are probably dozens of music boxes in this game. An open book furnishing is something people have requested for years and now we may not even get it. 😭
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »
      Please, please, let it be the tome. There are probably dozens of music boxes in this game. An open book furnishing is something people have requested for years and now we may not even get it. 😭

i think the mushroom book from the treasure map antiquity leads in telvanni/apocrypha is openable lol, so at least 1 of those items already does exist lol
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

i think the mushroom book from the treasure map antiquity leads in telvanni/apocrypha is openable lol, so at least 1 of those items already does exist lol

It is? Oh snap! I completely missed that! Thank you!
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I'm really interested in both but I'd like the tome a bit more.
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
      Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

just for reference i found some images (i dont actually have the item yet)

closed: https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/original-8krExjfDy2X7OmiA8R9v1ZuMpJef5Twn9ficyhal.jpg
      open: https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/original-RabkB4TJW7HDCprcmTQcsq3kP3Y0jwdiWUwMtVeF.jpg
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master

• spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

just for reference i found some images (i dont actually have the item yet)

closed: https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/original-8krExjfDy2X7OmiA8R9v1ZuMpJef5Twn9ficyhal.jpg
      open: https://eso-hub.com/storage/uploads/original-RabkB4TJW7HDCprcmTQcsq3kP3Y0jwdiWUwMtVeF.jpg

Thanks for that! I guess I'm going to have to work on getting this. The pages are lovely. 😊
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The only music box I use is the Redguard one - I like it, because Redguard is my favorite race and my mains are all Redguards, but the only place you can hear it throughout a house is in one of the small ones, and I wanted it for Thieves Oasis. Unfortunately, that house is pretty large, so you can't hear it much outside the room it's in.

So a book would be better for me. I don't suppose anyone knows if it will be usable in more than one house?

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      TaSheen wrote: »
      The only music box I use is the Redguard one - I like it, because Redguard is my favorite race and my mains are all Redguards, but the only place you can hear it throughout a house is in one of the small ones, and I wanted it for Thieves Oasis. Unfortunately, that house is pretty large, so you can't hear it much outside the room it's in.

So a book would be better for me. I don't suppose anyone knows if it will be usable in more than one house?

im assuming both will be re-released on the crown store at some point

the music box is likely a normal music box so they are giving 1 away as a freebie but will probably have to pay for more
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master

• LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      i have nice music boxes but i don't really use them a lot. i want more books
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Team book
    • Wolfkeks
      Wolfkeks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like glowing things to team book!
      "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
      EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
      Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    • Elvenheart
      Elvenheart
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Wow, it’s nice to see all the responses! I’m really torn myself and keep wavering back and forth for all the reasons above 😂
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      kah wrote: »
      I don't really have a preference. They both look pretty neat!

This
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elvenheart wrote: »
      I’m really torn myself and keep wavering back and forth for all the reasons above 😂

I thought you'd take the music box to add to your music box collection!
      PCNA
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't even listen to in-game music, the music boxes don't get used either. Book it is!
    • metheglyn
      metheglyn
      ✭✭✭✭
      I like the idea of the book, but I don't like the way it looks--not a fan of that particular shade of green--while I do enjoy music boxes. So I will dutifully turn in my quest for the music box, knowing the tome will probably win.
    • Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Music boxes can be used anywhere for ambiance, though it’d be good to hear it first. The book… I don’t see a use for.
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
      • CP 2000+
      • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
      • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
      • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
      • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
    • jcaceresw
      jcaceresw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't collect furniture but the tome would be my pick since I am deaf so I am unable to listen to music or anything.