The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Suggestion Board

jdandrews108b14_ESO
I was looking for a suggestion board (as many mmo games will have) so that I can formerly and properly share my ideas about functionality without being attacked for trying to make the game better.
Until I can move this though...

I find the lack of inventory organization a bit too severe. With the push to have players fulfill multiple roles and take on any challenge with a few skill/weapon/armor swaps, it's a bit more than a hassle to search through 45+ green armor pieces that were mixed in with my heavy armor set, only to find that what I remember using is now worse than something I just obtained, and have to resort everything I was wearing.
I have a simple (albeit, who knows how quick) suggestion to help remedy this.

If you look at the top of the Inventory, there is a title-esque box that includes the words in bold "ALL" with arrows at the far left for sorting. This is already in the game (go on and press I and look for yourself)
There are also Tab buttons at the far top to separate into "Weapons, Armor, Materials, etc..." so there must be some sort of item tagging in place to tell the internal bag system how to sort items (very simple and basic so far, I presume).

Giving players the ability to create a new Title bar much like the "ALL" bar with custom titles would allow the player to right click any item and sort them into that tab. Capping the Section amount (say 10 sections) would mean the player would need only a simple array (or list) to track his "tags" and auto-sort the loot he/she gathers or picks up and place them into the Sections titled by the player.

What does this fix? Well it adds no additional bag space at all, but it does clean out the auto-sorting chaos that the system implies now. Simply moving something for equipped to unequipped and rearrange the entire bag.
Using a full set of heavy armor (7 pieces) will ensure that I stay alive for my solo tanky pulls, but when my buddies sign on, I want to switch over to a healer spec with some extra light armor. I find the tab I titled Healing Armor, equip the gear I stored in it, and no longer need to sift through new pick-ups.
But what about the heavy armor I unequipped? Well it goes back into your bag silly, only I was prepared and had the armor tagged as Tank Armor, so in addition to being placed into my usable bag space, I can find it under my custom Section titled Tank Armor.

Would be even more amazing if those sorting arrows on the far left became a +/- sign to expand or collapse the section.

How about those multi-crafters? I choose alchemy early on since I master it in every Elder Scrolls game. But I am also working on Clothing, which uses not just fibers, but leathers too. That's a lot of random materials! But with a custom Section for Clothing and Alchemy, I can easily find all the flowers for making potions and leathers for making armor.

Of course, just a suggestion and thoughts on implementation. Anyone else agree or think it should be done differently?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a /feedback in game for this if you don't want critiques or responses. In fact it's probably better on the other end too (goes right to the people listening instead of maybe being glanced at)
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Inventory sorting issues seems to be just another bit of 'irksome' they added to make things take longer and to add 'immersion' to the game.

But yes a better sorting system would be great.

But not everyone will agree with it.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• jdandrews108b14_ESO
    Thank you for the heads up, Ill be sure to check out the /feedback.

In my opinion, suggestion boards are more than trying to get ZOS to adapt the idea, but rather let the community discuss why this is a good/bad idea or why ZOS might have omitted (what I personally believe) to be a vital part of the game experience.

Not looking for a "Nice idea, here's a cookie" response, but it's nice to hear what other's think and if they agree or disagree and for what valid reasons.

And as for immersion, call them "Backpack Pocket upgrades" for you pack and require the player to pay gold the same way you did with size increases, only these would not increase size, only sorting capabilities .
    Edited by jdandrews108b14_ESO on May 6, 2014 8:38PM
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Khandi wrote: »

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info245-AdvancedFilters.html

This is getting to be a habit. :p
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »
    Khandi wrote: »

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info245-AdvancedFilters.html

This is getting to be a habit. :p

Thank you again and I'm happy you have sheathed your claws ferocious one!!

~Oscar Wilde

• kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This might be of use to you.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info52-WykkydsOutfitter.html
    Wykkyd's Outfitter allows you to create GEAR SETS and ACTION BAR SETS from within the Inventory & Skills windows and load them at will. The sets you build in Outfitter can also be macro'd via Wykkyd's Framework and can, thus, be paired together and keybindable, if you so choose.

Swap your gear with a click!

Swap your action bar abilities with a click!

I believe you need the Wykkyds framework add on for this one to work
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    I use Minion and a few of Wykkds addons! Most are fine like the loot one that Xithian suggested but I am having problems with the quest tracker one, it doesn't seem to do anything :( but I'm not the sharpest knife in the block when it come to addons.

~Oscar Wilde