The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[NOT LONGER REQUESTED] Option to NOT collect Tel'var stones

• maxxiestackhouse
    maxxiestackhouse
    ✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    I get the feeling that it’s not that he got ganked by a filthy disappearing TV farming weenie but probably more that they got ganked 30 odd times in one evening. I run the risk for the reward of TV quite often and yup I get bummed by a ganker sometimes and they get my TV, it’s IC it happens. What annoys me is that legit 1 min later before I’ve even had a chance to even start farming TV again I get ganker bummed again. Unless the ganker has “Kill 20 Templars” what is the point? Sure buddy you’ve proven that you’re good at pvp ganking pat pat good boy, but killing the same person 10-15 times in a row within 10 mins? Please show your micro peen elsewhere there are plenty of others to kill or hey come back in 10 mins when I’ve killed a boss and try and get me then.

I think that's a legitimate complaint. It's just that the OP's suggestion seems to be born out of a reluctance to acknowledge IC as a PVP zone. After all, their suggestion would apply everywhere at any time, not just a bunch of veteran PVP ers working together to pick off anyone the moment they set foot in IC. It would take something more specific to address that particular issue.

How about making it impossible to resurrect a team mate near an enemy base (or maybe at all)? I think that would be a more targeted and effective counter measure.

I love the idea of not being able to res at all, give the person or persons a min maybe 2 to wrangle a way out and flee if that’s the option they choose.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah problem with rezzing in general in PVP is that it favours the side with the largest numbers and the strongest players. As long as 1 survives it's impossible to make a dent in their position. I wonder how long this would continue if after every death you had to spawn at base camp.

Of course, this can't probably be enforced everywhere. Areas with PVE boss fights would have to be excluded or else you can already see the next thread of complaints coming. But something localized similar to 'trespassing' might work.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this board could be moved to the Alliance War and Imperial City board, so more PVPers can see this and chime in. @ZOS_Kevin please, the insight would be welcome.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that it’s not that he got ganked by a filthy disappearing TV farming weenie but probably more that they got ganked 30 odd times in one evening. I run the risk for the reward of TV quite often and yup I get bummed by a ganker sometimes and they get my TV, it’s IC it happens. What annoys me is that legit 1 min later before I’ve even had a chance to even start farming TV again I get ganker bummed again. Unless the ganker has “Kill 20 Templars” what is the point? Sure buddy you’ve proven that you’re good at pvp ganking pat pat good boy, but killing the same person 10-15 times in a row within 10 mins? Please show your micro peen elsewhere there are plenty of others to kill or hey come back in 10 mins when I’ve killed a boss and try and get me then.

This. This is the definition of griefing.

I know there are work arounds but what I don't understand is that some here defend the griefers as if griefing was the way the devs had in mind when they created IC.

Lots of people have an idea of what they think griefing is. Let's look at what the devs have to say about PVP griefing and teabagging.

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

She also said:
    "As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up"

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now/p2
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Going to back up what VaranisArano shared. Ignoring and asking players to stop is reasonable. However, if players persist and create a negative play environment, you are well within your right to report players as well. PvP is meant to be challenging and competitive, but not a negative experience.

So sure, you could ask the player to stop. You could even report them for persisting and creating a negative play environment.

Ultimately, you know what you experience and whether you deem it worthy of a report.

On the topic of defending gankers and base campers who are not engaged in targeted harassment, I do want to point back to Gina's first statement "Killing anyone in PVP multiple times in fine - that's expected as it's PVP."

ZOS does intend for players to be killed multiple times by the same player. It's expected.
    ZOS doesn't intend griefing.

Obviously there's a line where normal PVP killing becomes targeted harassment. ZOS suggests asking those players to stop as an easy way to define that line.

IMO, some PVEers are really bad at telling where that line is because they already feel negatively about PVP and are inexperienced in PVP combat. Base camping and Ganking are typically "target of opportunity" playstyles that are expected and allowed in PVP/PVE zones. If they aren't exclusively targeting you, then it probably isn't targeted harassment. Likewise, one alliance controlling the Imperial City is in fact how its designed, and its not inherently creating a negative play environment for the two losing alliances.

From the examples above, I'd say that getting ganked 30 times in an evening by various different players is not a negative play environment. That's intended and normal for Imperial City.

The other example of killing the same person 10-15 times in a row within 10 mins is getting extremely questionable re: harassment, but I'd have to ask if they are going out of their way to target that person or if that person is simply presenting themselves as a repeated target of opportunity. If the ganker is also attacking others or the quester keeps coming back to the same objective where the ganker is, it's less likely to be targeted harassment and Support should be able to sort that out if it's reported. Personally, I'd probably report it myself if I felt hunted down, but not if I were repeatedly going back to the same location or meeting them organically.

IMO, in PVP, dying and losing repeatedly is not inherently negative. We all die. We all lose. We all face setbacks and have to look for workarounds to accomplish our goals. PVEers are not entitled to a free pass during events simply because they aren't used to this, and thus read it as a negative experience.

But again, report if you think it meets the criteria.

Let's talk about a specific example of what the Devs intended.

You're in Imperial City doing the Main Quest in the Arena District. You find yourself in the arena facing a fairly difficult multi-round PVE boss fight.

You get ganked.

Griefing, right? Not intended, right?

[snip] There's an Achievement: Alliance Gladiator, for killing 100 players inside the Arena. The same Arena that ZOS made a part of the Zone Story. ZOS literally incentivizes PVP fighting in a PVE boss fight area. That's the sort of mixed PVE/PVP zone ZOS created.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 11, 2023 2:56PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to Alliance War & Imperial City as we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post