The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Random Question : Forum account deletion - not ingame account.

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
If I delete my forum account doesn't all the data get deleted from old topics also, or does that stay and would I have to modify every post I ever created and questions answered ?

Thanks ...
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you leaving the best forums in the whole world? I hope not. Please don't leave
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    Are you leaving the best forums in the whole world? I hope not. Please don't leave

😂- I still play on gamepad for PC and issues won't be addressed and putting my business on the forums puts it in a Google search. So selling my data isn't cool for ZOS to do I don't like my business being associated with playing a game even though I changed my forum name to that. Didn't think it would be in a main google search for topics...
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a different search engine and or disable 3rd party cookies 🍪.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a different search engine and or disable 3rd party cookies 🍪.

Not for me for others ... other people can see it.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the internet, everything anyone post is public.
    Edited by wilykcat on June 18, 2023 12:52AM
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the internet, everything anyone post is public.

I understand that but only if your data is sold.
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All websites do that.

Also I suggest:
    Firefox with in ad-blocker is an option that will help reduce the data being sold to 3rd parties. Also try using the Tor web browser for max online privacy.
    Edited by wilykcat on June 18, 2023 1:30AM
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All websites do that.

No, they don't they can give you the option to opt out of your personal data being sold.

Nobody reads the terms of service and just agrees to everything. Trust me you join a forum or a website they will ask you if they can sell your data in the TOS. The ESO forum TOS just hasn't caught up to the consumer laws yet for internet data I would assume. Because I haven't got a new pop-up TOS to accept, I would think that's not a job for us it's a job for them. Consumers have the rights to choose if they want their data sold. And since this ESO forum server is in the U.S. they are bound by US laws !
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can submit a ticket to customer support and ask your questions and tell them all about your concerns there. They will be happy
    To respond to any questions regarding the forums and terms of service
    Edited by wilykcat on June 18, 2023 3:11AM
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submit a ticket ?

When they can't even tell me if ESO will support Gamepad issues ?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630838/gamepad-support#latest
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your main concern is with your forum name being associated with other info, you might consider posting here to have your name changed. That might take care of the search results since your current name will no longer show up on your posts.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    If your main concern is with your forum name being associated with other info, you might consider posting here to have your name changed. That might take care of the search results since your current name will no longer show up on your posts.

Appreciate the help !

But this is what I already changed it to from a previous user name. And they don't support changing it again...
    Options