The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gamepad support ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello just wondering about a few things that I thought would help transitioned players from console to PC.

After a few years of myself being on PC from console I notice a lot of things are more fluid in terms of movement and abilities from gamepad to K/M. I have tested them all but is slow for gamepad users vs users using K/M.

Also as gamepad's evolve they have been getting better in terms of having digital buttons vs traditional - smart bumpers / triggers like newer mouse use. That the response and/or support would be nice to have if this can have help to not give K/M players such an advantage in gameplay.

Appreciate the help in response if this can be addressed ever ?

Thank you 👍
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

Can you help me understand why other topics on the forums about gamepad/controllers get answered but mine doesn't ?

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i don't remember ever feeling a difference sorry.
    i wish i had an answer
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking for help on this topic ?

Can someone help from ZOS please... Just a simple answer would be nice ?

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play on PC with a controller. think the difference is purely mechanical ie., how mouse buttons respond compared to controller buttons. Not sure if zos could ameliorate this with changes to their gamepad coding alone.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I also play on PC with a controller. think the difference is purely mechanical ie., how mouse buttons respond compared to controller buttons. Not sure if zos could ameliorate this with changes to their gamepad coding alone.

I just want them to say we are at a disadvantage playing with gamepad vs K/M and they will or cannot do nothing.

If they cant fix it I would assume some professionalism to confirm there will be nothing done to address this or fix it now or in the future. Coming from console to PC this was never a problem over there ? I'm just astonished how the gamepad's mechanical functions is 30/40% worse on PC ? And I have a $350 custom controller any other game its flawless on, its confusing.

I logged back into my console account thinking it was my controller and nope ! Its PC gamepad...
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there ever be a Gamepad support ever ?

Or should I assume that gamepad's buggy and/or disadvantages gameplay will always be the way it is on ESO ?

A simple Y/N would suffice 👍
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have proof keyboard and mouse has a technical advantage, but don't know how to help you help gamepad users ? Posting it here could be bad and as seen some form of violation or taken out of context for some users.

Just saying I have tried several attempts to contact you about this and its unfair this has never been addressed towards the gamepad community.

Please let me know how I can help you, and in return find support for gamepad.

Thank you

• WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this the only unanswered question in general help?

If anyone from Zos doesn't know the answer, chooses not to answer this, or doesn't feel gamepad support should not be on PC, please say so.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You are welcome to submit a feedback ticket to customer support requesting changes to the ESO control scheme in order to help with any technical advantages.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post