Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dungeon Finder Known Issues

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi all,

We wanted to give everyone some visibility into a couple of issues we are currently tracking involving the Dungeon Finder.

The first is a recurring issue where some group members appear to be offline after you port into a dungeon or are not ported at all. We’ve been working on a fix for this that will hopefully make it into U39.

The other issue relates to queueing as a group for a dungeon, specifically as a Tank or Healer. We've seen reports where these roles take longer than intended to get matched into a group, and after some investigating, we found there is indeed a problem here when certain conditions are met. While we work on addressing this, we want to offer some additional information that you can leverage as a workaround in the meantime:
  • In 3-person groups:
    • Tank, Healer and Direct Damage (DD) combination: If the Tank or Healer is the group lead, the LFG queue times will be significantly longer than if the DD is the group lead.
    • 2 DD and a Healer, or 2 DD and a Tank: If the Tank or Healer is group lead, the LFG queue times will be slightly longer than if the DD is the group lead, but to a much lesser extent than the Tank/Healer/DD combo above.
  • 4-person groups do not appear to be impacted by this issue in any way.
Until we can get a fix for this, we suggest queuing up with the DD as group leader for any 3 person groups so you get through the queues much quicker.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on December 14, 2023 3:42PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's something all right... lol
    Thanks for the tips.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
    Options
  • thepandalore
    thepandalore
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! Anecdotally I would add that two-person groups can sometimes be impacted also, in groups of two damage dealers as well as groups comprised of one tank and one healer. I don't know if that reflects data you've collected, but it has been my experience on many occasions. Thanks again for looking into this.
    Options
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the update! But I have to ask... Direct Damage?? Is that what people call Damage Dealers now a days? :D

(don't take this too seriously :3)
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    CoolBlast3 wrote: »
    I appreciate the update! But I have to ask... Direct Damage?? Is that what people call Damage Dealers now a days? :D

(don't take this too seriously :3)

Potato potahto
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    I echo what was asked by another, what about 2 person groups? I've certainly noticed differences in queue times depending on who starts the queue in a 2man group.
    Options
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    No love for the two player groups ? This issue affects them as well.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    DuckFayth wrote: »
    I echo what was asked by another, what about 2 person groups? I've certainly noticed differences in queue times depending on who starts the queue in a 2man group.

Great question. We've found 2 player groups are slightly impacted (specifically when there is 1 DPS and 1 Tank/Healer as lead) but not nearly as much as 3 player groups. In this scenario, the workaround of making sure the Tank/Healer is not lead still applies and should help.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Great question. We've found 2 player groups are slightly impacted (specifically when there is 1 DPS and 1 Tank/Healer as lead) but not nearly as much as 3 player groups. In this scenario, the workaround of making sure the Tank/Healer is not lead still applies and should help.

So if your a tank/healer combo your stuck?

Also thank you for finally addressing this it's been an issue for a long long time.
    Options
  • mrsninetales
    Thanks for the update and even more thanks for the tips!
    Options
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    We’ve been working on a fix for this that will hopefully make it into U39.

U38 maybe?
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okamiris wrote: »
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 16, 2023 11:05PM
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Also thank you for finally addressing this it's been an issue for a long long time.

I found that having the healer queue works but I'm not sure if it was a one-time thing or not.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • thepandalore
    thepandalore
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

that's been my experience
    Edited by thepandalore on June 16, 2023 11:31PM
    Options
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.

I know this! The U39 is not for this monday! When the U39 comes? if you prefer

It’s insane to propose this fix for U39, no?
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.

Us console peasants are still waiting for U38.....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.

I agree, waiting till the next major update instead of doing a hotfix is a little much for such an issue.
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One trick I've found is that exiting the queue and re-queuing will often give you an instant group, especially after a failed ready check. This is not something new though, has seemed to be the case for ages.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.

Sorry, but, my English is poor and We have No communicant, communication, for this in fr forum
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.

Ah. I understand you now. They always launch fixes with patches unless it's something that requires a hotfix. Since there is a workaround, they probably don't feel it needs a hotfix.
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Hi all,

U38 maybe?

U38 was Necrom.

Us console peasants are still waiting for U38.....

I'm also a console player. 😞
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 17, 2023 1:06AM
    Options
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Ok the Dungeon Finder issues started with blackwood, when companions were introduced. Since then I personally have experienced the following:

- Randomly placed into one of the other pledges, even thou the leader qued us for a different pledge.
    - Randomly placed into the VET verison of the dungeon even thou we qued for normal.
    - Randomly placed into the VET verison of the dungeon even thou we qued for a different vet dungeon.
    - Randomly placed into BGs, solo, by myself and even with leaving the group, no other party member was added during my time in BG.
    - Randomly have party members show "offline"
    - Randomly party members get kicked from the group
    - Randomly have party members removed from the group and unable to load into the dungeon. Everytime they do, they are removed and sent back to where they tried to enter from.
    - Randomly have some party members enter the qued dungeon while others aren't.
    - randomly have party members not transported into the dungeon, when they zone, they are dropped from the group
    - Zoning, logging in, reloading, etc, be randomly placed back into a group that I haven't been in for hours, sometimes, a day back, even thou no one else is in the group. Have to log out and back in, rezone to fix.
    - When a party of 3 or less and having companions, out, sometimes, no one will be added to the party as for some reason the companions are taking up a slot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.

Now, with that said, with the last idk, 6months lets say, happens ALL the time now-a-days. This is why for pledges, and stuff I prefer to just teleport into dungeon and avoid the broken core mechs:

- Randomly have party members show "offline"
    - Randomly party members get kicked from the group
    - Randomly have party members removed from the group and unable to load into the dungeon. Everytime they do, they are removed and sent back to where they tried to enter from.
    - Randomly have some party members enter the qued dungeon while others aren't.
    - randomly have party members not transported into the dungeon, when they zone, they are dropped from the group
    - Zoning, logging in, reloading, etc, be randomly placed back into a group that I haven't been in for hours, sometimes, a day back, even thou no one else is in the group. Have to log out and back in, rezone to fix.
    Options
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, also had everyone in the party placed into their own instance verison of the dungeon.
    Options
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. I understand you now. They always launch fixes with patches unless it's something that requires a hotfix. Since there is a workaround, they probably don't feel it needs a hotfix.

There's no work-around for the more annoying group-zoning bug, where you don't get ported at all or appear offline. That is the fix that is coming in U39, because they simply need more time for it. The requeuing bug has no communicated timeline and seems like a less complicated fix, so it may even be solved before then.

Options
  • Dreaders123
    Dreaders123
    ✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »

There's no work-around for the more annoying group-zoning bug, where you don't get ported at all or appear offline. That is the fix that is coming in U39, because they simply need more time for it. The requeuing bug has no communicated timeline and seems like a less complicated fix, so it may even be solved before then.

We all know the workaround, port to a different zone, port to a group member. It's really annoying, but to be fair it has a workaround. I'm pleased to see it acknowledge and excited a fix may be due soon! I almost hot-keyed "/g1 Group Bug" XD
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any chance Zenimax could look into the Battlegrounds group queue system too, feels like its getting worse & worse with the waiting. Something needs to be done to speed things up again. Solo queue feels fine but group queues are just way to long.
    Options
  • Fallefel
    Fallefel
    I was so happy to see this thread emerging. Don't wanna bash, but finder has been the weakest link since I started playing. Hope you get it fixed!

Can we also get rid of the party of two searching for another duo? This has lead to many situations where me and my friends instead of running the content together do it solo.
    Edited by Fallefel on June 17, 2023 8:17PM
    Options
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Had a friend join the game so we could run stuff together. She was Champion Level and DPS, when I would group solo [As a tank] for random normal dungeons I would get a pop in seconds, but once I invited her and joined the queue, would take anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 for a group to pop, this was about a year ago.

Is this the issue you are referring to or something else? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Crimsonorion on June 18, 2023 12:43AM
    Options
  • BlindingBright
    BlindingBright
    ✭✭✭
    Cool cool, nice to see a problem reported by many since at least last year have a fixed and work-around announced. Hopefully it won't take as long to fix skills not firing/channeled ability issues when bar swapping.

Thanks for the update!
    Options
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    This bug has been around for a very, very long time. It affects any group size that is less than 4. I usually queue with my girlfriend (just the 2 of us) - if I'm tanking or healing, I always have her queue as dps since it will get us a dungeon in less than a minute. If I queue when it's just the two of us or if there's 3 it will take upwards of 20-30 minutes. So it's not just groups of 3.
    Options
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    It appears tonight, we keep getting a message "all members do not meet the criteria" for joining any queue, battlegrounds, dungeons, etc. To fix it we have to /reloadui to get it to work.
    Options
  • Bluxx
    Bluxx
    ✭✭✭
    Finally after almost 2 years you are working on a Fix xD
    Legenden in vier Wänden

Bluxx Kaiserlicher DK Tank: Tick-Tack-Peiniger, Unsterblicher Erlöser, Greifenherz, Gottschlächter, Bote der Morgenröte.

Potl-For-Everyone Dunkelelf Templer DD: Bote der Morgenröte

Options