The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What does this screenshot from the logs mean to you?

Volrath
Volrath
✭✭
  • What does it say?
  • How do you feel when you see this?

9tno5y4m6b11.png

vRG - Bashei
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 31, 2023 4:38PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DK moment. Says to me they’re a hardcore core though. Not sure why you’d do the meta composition just to do rockgrove but if it’s hardmode or going into a hardmode prog I could see it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a solo player, nothing :P
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a typical advanced trial group composition of DK and Necro tanks, Warden and NB healers, (presumably) Zen-DK and EC-Necro, plus a bunch of DKs, which are the meta right now.

However, that doesn't say anything meaningful without more context. Why did you post this screenshot, what's the point you want to make, or what's the actual question you have?
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see a DK at the bottom who could probably use some guidance, assuming that their below the EC cro in damage? Even if wearing zenkosh, no one should be lower than the EC cro, IMHO.

Other than that..... not much. Looks like good damage overall, could probably stand harder content than vRG.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a solo player, nothing :P

Was about to say the same, you took the words right out of my mouth :) Have an "awesome" for that.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Kirawolfe
      Kirawolfe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Orange. Needs some purples.

Also, time to give my DK some love :D
      Options
    • KS_Amt38
      KS_Amt38
      ✭✭✭
      That the game is perfectly balanced. Every class is represented in a perfect Trial composition.
      Options
    • Agenericname
      Agenericname
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Its says; Oakensoul is obviously ruining build diversity and necros are possibly overtuned.
      Options
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      those sure are fun colours and numbers
      it makes me feel confused because it reminds me of economy statistics
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Mainly I see that there is some skill involved to play your DK efficiently. The difference between best DK and worst DK (52.136,8 dps) and between worst DK and tank (50.941,1 dps) is nearby identical.

Maybe some DK in this group should consider playing another class imo :wink:

That's what you wanted to show us, isn't it?

Regarding your second question: As I didn't participate in this group for myself, I don't have particulary feelings looking at the statistic you provided.

PS: maybe off topic, but how many accounts is a single user allowed to use on this forums? Sometimes it feels like some trade theirs faster than the wind...
      Edited by Braffin on May 29, 2023 6:47PM
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      Options
    • Cazador
      Cazador
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Those are some class ability symbols alright. It also looks like math. Is there a specific point being made here?
      Options
    • AlwaysDancing
      AlwaysDancing
      ✭✭✭
      6 OakDKs, one EC cro (probably 2 bar) and one Zenkosh DK?

This IS a Nerf Oakensoul thread right?

because we all know that only Oakensoul users are allowed to do trials right now...
      Options
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Braffin wrote: »
      Mainly I see that there is some skill involved to play your DK efficiently. The difference between best DK and worst DK (52.136,8 dps) and between worst DK and tank (50.941,1 dps) is nearby identical.

Regarding your second question: As I didn't participate in this group for myself, I don't have particulary feelings looking at the statistic you provided.

Zenkosh is not great to show off DPS numbers; it might be a bit on the low side but cut the player some slack :wink:
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      ApoAlaia wrote: »

Zenkosh is not great to show off DPS numbers; it might be a bit on the low side but cut the player some slack :wink:

Yeah sure, I didn't want to blame the player for his dps. Just tried to figure out what should be told by this entire thread :smiley:
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      Options
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      -it says DK needs to be nerfed into non-existence for at least 6 months
      -I feel disgusted considering they've looked like this for over a year now
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
      Options
    • Hamish999
      Hamish999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That some people take this game way too seriously?

I really have no idea what any of it means, nor do I care to be perfectly honest.
      Games are meant to be fun right ;) Each to their own and all that.
      Edited by Hamish999 on May 29, 2023 6:54PM
      PC-EU
      Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
      Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
      Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
      Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
      Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
      Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
      Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
      Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
      Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
      Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
      Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
      Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
      Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
      Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
      Options
    • Volrath
      Volrath
      ✭✭
      So, group DPS reaches 1K++, will it be 2K if they use HA? I'm just curious about it.
      Edited by Volrath on May 29, 2023 6:55PM
      Options
    • Xarc
      Xarc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Bryan wheeler is playing DK ?
      @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
      "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
      Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
      Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
      Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
      Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
      Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
      Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
      Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
      Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
      kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
      - since april.2014
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Volrath wrote: »
      So, group DPS was 1K, will it be 2K if they use HA? I'm just curious about it.

And here we have it, the next shrouded thread about sergeant brokensorc. Already wondered why there wasn't any till now today.

As for your question: As there is chance of at least 50% the HA user is pressing the wrong button on his mouse and is therefore kicked from group for "blocking like an elitist", the answer is no :wink:
      Edited by Braffin on May 29, 2023 7:01PM
      ---
      Options
    • Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      So, group DPS reaches 1K++, will it be 2K if they use HA? I'm just curious about it.

Probably not? The argument of HA isn’t that it does more damage than high-end traditional builds (in most cases), it’s that it does enough to clear all content including trial trifectas despite having extreme tankiness and ease. I’m 100% sure that there is a HA vRG you can look at to compare.
      Edited by Soarora on May 29, 2023 6:59PM
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
      Options
    • Volrath
      Volrath
      ✭✭

And here we have it, the next shrouded thread about sergeant brokensorc. Already wondered why there wasn't any till now today.

As for your question: As there is chance of at least 50% the HA user is pressing the wrong button on his mouse and is therefore kicked from group for "blocking like an elitist", the answer is no :wink:

Don't be afraid of threats like this. I see no harm or any reason for you to go off-topic and turn this into another Oakensoul thread. I'm just wondering how good DK is in terms of "balance" compared to other classes, that's all. And no, I've never seen a top-tier HA with more DPS than a top-tier 2-bars player.
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Don't be afraid of threats like this. I see no harm or any reason for you to go off-topic and turn this into another Oakensoul thread. I'm just wondering how good DK is in terms of "balance" compared to other classes, that's all. And no, I've never seen a top-tier HA with more DPS than a top-tier 2-bars player.

You're the one asking about HA here, so you got your answer. As in every other thread before and in every upcoming one too.

Regarding class balance: It's no secret that DK is the strongest option for dd at the moment. Nonetheless it's by far not the only viable option. Indeed every class well played in a fitting group is able to clear vRG, the reason for using DK is surely not the lack of other viable options. In the end it's a players choice which class he wants to play.

So, once again you are asked: What do you want to demonstrate with your statistic?
      ---
      Options
    • Ph1p
      Ph1p
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1. You're not reading the log correctly. Group DPS across the fight is 750k, not >1000k.
      2. No, they won't reach 2000k with HA builds. That would almost be twice the world record on Bahsei hard mode. Everyone knows that the top 2-bar groups with optimized supports will always outperform HA setups.
      Again, what's your point?
      Options
    • Volrath
      Volrath
      ✭✭

You're the one asking about HA here, so you got your answer. As in every other thread before and in every upcoming one too.

Regarding class balance: It's no secret that DK is the strongest option for dd at the moment. Nonetheless it's by far not the only viable option. Indeed every class well played in a fitting group is able to clear vRG, the reason for using DK is surely not the lack of other viable options. In the end it's a players choice which class he wants to play.

So, once again you are asked: What do you want to demonstrate with your statistic?

Relax, dude. Every time someone says something about DK, you guys always rage faster than HA players. Just chill, mate. This was not about "statistics." I only want to know how people feel when they see logs like this. I feel bad, very bad.
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Relax, dude. Every time someone says something about DK, you guys always rage faster than HA players. Just chill, mate. This was not about "statistics." I only want to know how people feel when they see logs like this. I feel bad, very bad.

Why exactly do you feel bad by looking at a group's parse you didn't even participate in? What has all of this to do with you and your gaming experience? Care to elaborate?
      ---
      Options
    • Volrath
      Volrath
      ✭✭
      Why exactly do you feel bad by looking at a group's parse you didn't even participate in? What has all of this to do with you and your gaming experience? Care to elaborate?

I feel bad because I've thought about all the other classes, and not even one comes close to DK. Not a single one! And I wonder why Zenimax doesn't balance all the other classes to allow them to have similar DPS?
      Instead of buffing DK again in update 38, wouldn't it be better to buff all the other classes instead?
      Options
    • Heelie
      Heelie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't get the point an oakensorc group did Plainsbreaker in a super short prog, so what is the point?
      Most OwOrated healer of all time
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I feel bad because I've thought about all the other classes, and not even one comes close to DK. Not a single one! And I wonder why Zenimax doesn't balance all the other classes to allow them to have similar DPS?
      Instead of buffing DK again in update 38, wouldn't it be better to buff all the other classes instead?

Don't feel sorry for a class in a game, dude. They aren't living beings and therefore won't be sad about something like dps. Just chill, mate. And enjoy playing the game :wink:

In addition I would recommend you to play more eso and less esologs.com. Nobody wanna see you depressed because of a few numbers which mean nothing to most of us, as can be seen clearly in this thread.
      Edited by Braffin on May 29, 2023 8:22PM
      ---
      Options
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      DK has top potential damage under ideal conditions. That's it. It's really specific. Plenty of people bring other classes to trials and do just fine
      Options
    • caesarvs
      caesarvs
      ✭✭✭✭
      that i'm still continuing to play with my breton magwarden regardless, cuz it's the class I enjoy most
      Options