The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What does this screenshot from the logs mean to you?

• Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volrath wrote: »
    • What does it say?
    • How do you feel when you see this?

9tno5y4m6b11.png

vRG - Bashei

That Necromancer's need a nerf since it's beating one of the DK's.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    Why exactly do you feel bad by looking at a group's parse you didn't even participate in? What has all of this to do with you and your gaming experience? Care to elaborate?

I feel bad because I've thought about all the other classes, and not even one comes close to DK. Not a single one! And I wonder why Zenimax doesn't balance all the other classes to allow them to have similar DPS?
    Instead of buffing DK again in update 38, wouldn't it be better to buff all the other classes instead?

A meta composition will be a meta composition. If it's 1 sorc, 1 warden, 1 templar, 1 nb, 1 necromancer, 1 arcanist, 2 dks then that's what we'd see. The real problem to me is not DK stacking, it's support classes in general. Most runs don't do DK stacking, you don't often see open runs that only look for DKs. However, you do see DK as MT 99% of the time. Necro or DK OT. Warden in CR, Sorc in AS, MAYBE. Warden KH, NB or Templar GH. Any class should be able to do any role in open runs but that's not what we see all that often, especially when it comes to HMs.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It tells me that one of the DKs died, and nobody bothered to rez them because nobody does that on Oax HM.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a console player, it means nothing to me.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    Why exactly do you feel bad by looking at a group's parse you didn't even participate in? What has all of this to do with you and your gaming experience? Care to elaborate?

I feel bad because I've thought about all the other classes, and not even one comes close to DK. Not a single one! And I wonder why Zenimax doesn't balance all the other classes to allow them to have similar DPS?
    Instead of buffing DK again in update 38, wouldn't it be better to buff all the other classes instead?

Be careful what you wish for. I don't recall any effort at balancing ever pleasing everyone.
    Edited by Adaarye on May 29, 2023 11:07PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it say?

I'm unfamiliar with reading one of those, so I don't really know what it says.
    How do you feel when you see this?

I feel like a lot of players treat the game as though it were a professional sport rather than a fun pastime.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High-end raid group uses the current meta class to clear said raid.

More news at 11.
    Edited by Rkindaleft on September 2, 2023 2:24AM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.

Tic Tacs Tormentor | Immortal Beemer | Gryphon Fart | Codslayer | Yawnbringer | Drainsbreaker
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What does it say?

I feel like a lot of players treat the game as though it were a professional sport rather than a fun pastime.

Absolutely. Yet ESO has no relevance as an esport....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What does it say?

People treating it as a "professional sport" can be fun for them. DK stacking doesn't actually hurt anybody. Yes, DK is overpowered, but I think DK in PvP is much more of a problem.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this supposed to be like that brief period after Elsweyr when the meta was 8 Necro DDs?

The usefulness of DK DDs comes and goes. I remember when StamDK had its brief heyday years ago and then got nerfed into very much not-the-meta as soon as skills changed again.

If your class is on top of the meta, enjoy it while it lasts. No point in getting salty when the inevitable nerfs happen.

If your's isn't, relax. You'll get your own brief turn eventually, and then everyone will be complaining about you the same way you complained about them.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    People treating it as a "professional sport" can be fun for them.

Yes, I don't doubt that. But I suspect that it changes the way they play as well as (and perhaps especially) [edit: the way they view] the way others play.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on May 30, 2023 12:57AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, group DPS reaches 1K++, will it be 2K if they use HA? I'm just curious about it.

Yes. 2.2k+ to be exact. But don't worry, ZOS is going to take care of that next patch, so you can rejoice
    Edited by thorwyn on May 30, 2023 3:20AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw all of those whips, I went and listened to the song "Whip It" by Devo.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be afraid of threats like this. I see no harm or any reason for you to go off-topic

I'd say if you show people a picture and ask what it means to them, there's quite a lot of latitude as to what's on topic or off topic. Personally it reminds me orange isn't high on my list of favourite colours.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    Bryan wheeler is playing DK ?

At this point, this is the only logical conclusion :lol:
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means bugger all to me, at first glance I just thought it was some kind of chart showing a player decline.
    But hey, fewer players just = a more solo-like game experience.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was expecting a gathering node, I am leaving this topic disappointed in OP
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this supposed to be like that brief period after Elsweyr when the meta was 8 Necro DDs?

The usefulness of DK DDs comes and goes. I remember when StamDK had its brief heyday years ago and then got nerfed into very much not-the-meta as soon as skills changed again.

If your class is on top of the meta, enjoy it while it lasts. No point in getting salty when the inevitable nerfs happen.

If your's isn't, relax. You'll get your own brief turn eventually, and then everyone will be complaining about you the same way you complained about them.

I think the complaining or sharing of these logs is because Magicka DK has been the go-to trial class except maybe in like vAS since Deadlands when they finally got buffed and stuff was first starting to get hybridised (like using daggers on magicka DPS again) it's been like almost 2 years since then where they have been #1. Not that I’m complaining, MagDK has been my main since I started playing in the console release.
    Edited by Rkindaleft on May 30, 2023 2:08PM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.

Tic Tacs Tormentor | Immortal Beemer | Gryphon Fart | Codslayer | Yawnbringer | Drainsbreaker
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Oakensorc?
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭
    Nerf Oakensorc?

A minor off-topic point:
    I've noticed that in threads about HA, most players tend to advocate for nerfing it, even when its DPS is low. However, when the discussion is around the most powerful build in the game (and none are as formidable as the DK), it is regarded as normal and acceptable. That seems fair enough.

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Oakensorc?

nerf sorc
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Oakensorc?

A minor off-topic point:
    I've noticed that in threads about HA, most players tend to advocate for nerfing it, even when its DPS is low. However, when the discussion is around the most powerful build in the game (and none are as formidable as the DK), it is regarded as normal and acceptable. That seems fair enough.

Dude did you miss all the raised eyebrows and borderline outrage with adding major berserk to chains? All the buff sorc/nightblade/necro/templar threads? (Oddly enough Warden doesn't seem to get as much attention there)

People have indeed been talking about it, and commenting on it, but that doesn't make us particularly surprised to see a bunch of DKs on logs from a random trial-- they have been top tier dps for 2ish years. Pretty much anyone who plays dps has one.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z
    Nerf Oakensorc?

Other forum favorites;

Tank damage is too high.
    Nerf stam nbs.
    Nerf snipe.
    Obviously a trial group with too many permanent combat pets in the way.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously, the conclusion here is that templar is overperforming and needs further nerfs.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft wrote: »

I think the complaining or sharing of these logs is because Magicka DK has been the go-to trial class except maybe in like vAS since Deadlands when they finally got buffed and stuff was first starting to get hybridised (like using daggers on magicka DPS again) it's been like almost 2 years since then where they have been #1. Not that I’m complaining, MagDK has been my main since I started playing in the console release.

Yeah, I also mained MagDK for years (2014 to around 2017 I think) bravely "noodlewhipping" my way through the game and chaining the adds at the twins in vMoL countless times.

I was quite astonished to see DK at the top when I came back after a break and decided nonetheless trying a NB, which became my new main as I fell in love with the playstyle.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Oakensorc?

A minor off-topic point:

Meta DK is harder than HA (although, I think DK is easier than some other classes), and HA’s dps is NOT low. If it’s low, it’s because someone’s build is “wrong”. Anyways, if people were requiring DK for open runs then it’d be a problem. But people doing DK stacking are just sweaty people in sweaty closed groups. If this is actually HM then it’d make sense— RG HM is very hard. It’s a prog, especially Bahsei. Want to squeeze out the most damage possible to meet some of the highest DPS checks in the game and have less time to die. If this is just non-HM then I’m not sure what they’re doing unless it’s going to be a HM prog.
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭
    Meta DK is harder than HA (although, I think DK is easier than some other classes), and HA’s dps is NOT low. If it’s low, it’s because someone’s build is “wrong”. Anyways, if people were requiring DK for open runs then it’d be a problem. But people doing DK stacking are just sweaty people in sweaty closed groups. If this is actually HM then it’d make sense— RG HM is very hard. It’s a prog, especially Bahsei. Want to squeeze out the most damage possible to meet some of the highest DPS checks in the game and have less time to die. If this is just non-HM then I’m not sure what they’re doing unless it’s going to be a HM prog.

What are you saying? Are you suggesting that we should only reward top-tier players and now we're including DK in that category? If this trial is extremely challenging, do people have to use DK to succeed or give up on achieving anything?
    As long as it's not solely focused on Oakensoul HA builds, everything seems acceptable and fantastic.

• thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If this trial is extremely challenging, do people have to use DK to succeed or give up on achieving anything?
    As long as it's not solely focused on Oakensoul HA builds, everything seems acceptable and fantastic.

This is by far not the only setup to beat vRGhm with. It is just ONE very specifically designed and tuned group, nothing more, nothing less. And obviously, the people in this group know how to play their classes... as incredible as it may sound.

btw... whatever you do for a living, do not apply for that job as an undercover agent.
    Edited by thorwyn on May 30, 2023 4:25PM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What are you saying? Are you suggesting that we should only reward top-tier players and now we're including DK in that category? If this trial is extremely challenging, do people have to use DK to succeed or give up on achieving anything?

Well as we're throwing around random parses now instead of discussing by rational arguments:
    ayixafxky5bp.png

You may compare this random log with the one you provided.

PS: Next time I suggest you try comparing only the dps done to the boss itself (you can set this right above where you cut the screen) so we can compare or random parses even better :wink:
    Edited by Braffin on May 30, 2023 4:04PM