The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Should there be another week of testing?

9.0.5 114 votes

Yes
62% 71 votes
No
37% 43 votes
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted a thread asking if ZOS would be making additional balance patches in the coming PTS cycle (since the balance patch that was supposed to happen in week 3 was postponed to week 4), but so far I haven't gotten any response. So I don't think there will be another PTS patch before it goes live.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would be the point of it? Not that they test balance issues or such.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me tell you what will happen...

8uyuzpe8i687.png
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they will rethink their intent regarding writing off Plaguebreak from PvE.

There are other sets I can (and do) use for trash pulls but where they might be as effective or viable none are as satisfying.

Sad to see this small island of fun disappear under the rising tide of homogeneous blandness.

Edited by ApoAlaia on May 19, 2023 8:14AM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Testing what for? They won't adjust more then they did by now, so no point in testing anymore.
    “Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
    "I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone, "so I can't take more."
    "You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."
    "Nobody asked your opinion," said Alice.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Maybe they will rethink their intent regarding writing off Plaguebreak from PvE.

There are other sets I can (and do) use for trash pulls but where they might be as effective or viable none are as satisfying.

Sad to see this small island of fun disappear under the rising tide of homogeneous blandness.

They won't rethink anything, never have. Normally once you see the very first Update on PTS, you see the direction they are going. They may tweak here and there, but normally, what you see in the beginning is what you see at the end. The devs have a 'vision' for the game, which many times conflicts with the vision us players have for how WE want to play the game.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

They won't rethink anything, never have. Normally once you see the very first Update on PTS, you see the direction they are going. They may tweak here and there, but normally, what you see in the beginning is what you see at the end. The devs have a 'vision' for the game, which many times conflicts with the vision us players have for how WE want to play the game.

They did backtrack on adding casting time to the shields that once.

Hope is this funny thing, it seldom yields to reason...
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like it would change anything.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no major bugs or balancing issues that I know of. I mean, my food fell off every time I changed zones but I hope they just fix that before live...
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    any additional testing would push back arcanist release from june 5. an extra week is as unneeded and damaging as most of the comments on this discussion are.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you can always test more and send feedback but don't expect another pts patch
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    the very first line of the 9.0.4 patch notes literally says it's the last patch for this PTS
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say why? Just launch the update already and let the people who want the new class to have it. The rest of us are left out because there is nothing else in the chapter that will really be of benefit. They have clearly tuned and designed everything in this chapter around the Archanist which screams a pitiful cash grab imo to drive people to the crown store for mount speed upgrades, skyshards, and skill line skips.

At this point I almost hope they go broke. I am not getting the chapter, or continuing my sub.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    I would say why? Just launch the update already and let the people who want the new class to have it. The rest of us are left out because there is nothing else in the chapter that will really be of benefit. They have clearly tuned and designed everything in this chapter around the Archanist which screams a pitiful cash grab imo to drive people to the crown store for mount speed upgrades, skyshards, and skill line skips.

At this point I almost hope they go broke. I am not getting the chapter, or continuing my sub.

Considering many people have been clamoring for a new class, I don't see it as a "cash grab", because many people want it. Did you see "Tales of Tribute" also as a cash grab? Or perhaps companions? Just because you don't like certain features, doesn't mean you represent the majority of players. Furthermore, this is an MMO, it requires a constant amount of money in-flowing, so basically ANY MMO are all about 'cash grabs' because that's HOW they stay in business. If DCUO can remain active considering their fraction of a population compared to ESO, I doubt ZOS has anything to worry about in the foreseeable future. That said, they should be concerned about Diablo IV and the eventual release of Elder Scrolls VI, because if anything takes players away, it will be those two games... especially ES VI, since ESO is pretty much designed to be "Skyrim with friends" to attract the Elder Scrolls players.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS is already too stretched to 7 weeks. it is better to reduce them to 4
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ADarklore I was all on board with the new class. Just not watching everything in the chapter being solely tuned to be a boon to the new class and pretty much nothing else.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The devs backtrack all the time. The problem (for us) is that they backtrack across multiple patches, not during patch testing.

Patch testing they're pretty much committed to the main design elements they're changing or introducing and they're looking to fix bugs. Any changes they make may soften a change or tweak it but only rarely will they do a 180.

The reversals are decided on and scheduled for some patch or update down the line, and they do happen. If they didn't happen everyone would still be complaining about how devs only play sorcs and how dragon knights are useless and only barely usable as tanks.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

be careful saying WE. If i had my way, pvp and pve would be 100% separate. gear and skills would be different for each.