The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

new meta PVP : 50k health REALLY ?

• Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new insurgence of 40k+ health ballgroups is SO FUN to fight against. 🙄
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • xMauiWaui
    xMauiWaui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i play PVP (2014) theres anyway a "Tank" Meta. Maybee a bit cause of the System of Bursting. Cause in Smalescale dont need alot Demage to Burst 1-2 Player with my 3 Buddys, so alot potenzial for more Defensive^^

And before Zos do something about "Tank" il find it more sweet if Zos do something about this Hot stacking.

Or better, lets have a more Skill PVP and lets delete the Crossheal.

OR Zos, pls give me a Campain with no cross heal. Would be fun^^
    Edited by xMauiWaui on April 28, 2023 3:14PM
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    healing is very very high rn, single target burst healing is out of control. polar winds and w/e the nightblade heal are consistently crit for 15 - 20k which is more than most of your damage abelites do, combine that with 40k hp and your pretty much unkillable when it comes to burst from a single person (other than maybe a NB)

Add to that things like sea serp coil giving you insane amounts of free damage while not actually having to build much into damage yourself and rallying cry being able to solo carry most classes for their defense while also giving them more damage.

you can easily make a full damage build while also just dumping points into hp as sustain is not a thing you ever have to think about anymore. in the end most builds end up with 35-40k health even in full damage setups just bcs of how stat bloated the game is now.

like skara said just look at the usual dswing warden tank setup.

It has:
    40k+ hp
    6-7k wpn damage
    10k + pen
    30 ish % crit
    upwards of 100% solo crit damage if you build that way
    25-30k res
    2.5k crit res with rally

its more stats than you could ever want these days with little to no sacrifice in any area of your build.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the dawn of the mayhem event, I think we're not here to give 40k pvp build manual for people to ruin pvp more it is.
    healing is very very high rn, single target burst healing is out of control. polar winds and w/e the nightblade heal are consistently crit for 15 - 20k which is more than most of your damage abelites do, combine that with 40k hp and your pretty much unkillable when it comes to burst from a single person (other than maybe a NB)

At his point you're right and it's a problem.

40k build isnt a problem in itself, but why people are building it should wake ZOS COMBAT team.

Edited by Xarc on April 29, 2023 9:31PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been watching lot of nigths perople with builds of 40k+ health and practically no damage, they play in group and they cannot be killed. Also 5 of them against me and no one can kill me meanwhile they can siege and do things. It is impossible to stop a siege against them in equal numbers of players.

In my honest opinion that is avoid PvP in a PvP zone. You cannot play againt them but they can siege you.

I want so hard the nerf on Mara's balm because they all play with that, cleansing all debuffs you use on them.

Also it would be nice a nerf on dk corrosive (I mean or damage reduction or ignore enemies resistances but, no both) and also nerf the health scaling of warden heal.
    PvP player
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    In cyrodiil its easier to stack health and use siege to win. Unfortunately thats just where it is.

That is EXACTLY what I am seeing every day.
    PvP player
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    how to fix eso 101: remove tank meta. nerf it to the ground. make wearing heavy sets in pvp extremely punishing to the extent that it is forced back into heavy swing only like it used to be. make it so that non-self-healing is nerfed to the extent that if 2-3 players are on a target a healer wont be able to heal through the damage. keep streak and shadowy disguise as they are and tweak as needed. swap dk fossilize and draconic leap while heavily nerfing the damage on draconic leap and make it only slow targets not knock them down so that dk has a kite mechanic similiar to diablo 2 barb leap though give it the increasing resource cost the same way streak has. buff mist form to actually be capable of kiting targets like og mistform was capable of and have vampire synergize with the zone oriented defensive abilities that templar dk and warden posses. remove/rework sets/abilites that utilize "the lower your health is the more damage you do" to get rid of cheesey single target ganking. keep bombing in its current state. boom game requires skill and is good/fun again.
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    nublife01 wrote: »
    how to fix eso 101: remove tank meta. nerf it to the ground. make wearing heavy sets in pvp extremely punishing to the extent that it is forced back into heavy swing only like it used to be. make it so that non-self-healing is nerfed to the extent that if 2-3 players are on a target a healer wont be able to heal through the damage. keep streak and shadowy disguise as they are and tweak as needed. swap dk fossilize and draconic leap while heavily nerfing the damage on draconic leap and make it only slow targets not knock them down so that dk has a kite mechanic similiar to diablo 2 barb leap though give it the increasing resource cost the same way streak has. buff mist form to actually be capable of kiting targets like og mistform was capable of and have vampire synergize with the zone oriented defensive abilities that templar dk and warden posses. remove/rework sets/abilites that utilize "the lower your health is the more damage you do" to get rid of cheesey single target ganking. keep bombing in its current state. boom game requires skill and is good/fun again.

you just need to nerf the things that enable tank meta and tone down the damage in the game, my avg assassins will shot is 20 - 22k in cryo and thats insane imo. if you run less than 30k hp i can kill in less than a second just based of your HP lvl. and with there being so much free pen and stacking damage in the game pretty much no amount of raw resists alone will allow you to survive a burst combo from a well built player.

not to mention proc sets essentially give you AFK damage to people while your not even doing anything leading to builds that can do 5k+ dps on a player just from proc set dots. thus being the reason we have sets likes maras and hist sap that give AFK healing to counter the AFK damage of proc sets.

the game is just overinflated, every build has too many stats and every class can have everything now with no real downsides to playing any of them other than raw class balancing issues

every since we got hybrid skills and stats the game is just too bloated and its need to be toned down to a lvl where its actually possible to balance it

they are on their way to giving every class ever buff so soon itll be even worse to balance
    Edited by cuddles_with_wroble on May 3, 2023 9:09AM
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding minor resolve to vigor was a bad decision. People were already very tanky before they did this change
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you just need to nerf the things that enable tank meta and tone down the damage in the game, my avg assassins will shot is 20 - 22k in cryo and thats insane imo. if you run less than 30k hp i can kill in less than a second just based of your HP lvl. and with there being so much free pen and stacking damage in the game pretty much no amount of raw resists alone will allow you to survive a burst combo from a well built player.

not to mention proc sets essentially give you AFK damage to people while your not even doing anything leading to builds that can do 5k+ dps on a player just from proc set dots. thus being the reason we have sets likes maras and hist sap that give AFK healing to counter the AFK damage of proc sets.

the game is just overinflated, every build has too many stats and every class can have everything now with no real downsides to playing any of them other than raw class balancing issues

every since we got hybrid skills and stats the game is just too bloated and its need to be toned down to a lvl where its actually possible to balance it

they are on their way to giving every class ever buff so soon itll be even worse to balance

It's pretty crazy how far power creep has gone, especially considering most of it has been given to only a few classes and not to everyone.

For NB in particular though, with how many multipliers can be stacked onto AW especially with all the unique multipliers NB has that can stack with the named ones, it has gotten absurd.
    I did the math a while ago, but it was something like +~75% additional damage done from modifiers
    - berserk (10%)
    - incap (20%)
    - concealed (10%)
    - bow stacks (~15%)
    - major sorc/brut (20%)
    and this was before accounting for crit damage modifiers that add anywhere up to another +125% damage done.

With a brawler blade build I'm still hitting 15k bows on tanky players alongside plenty of pressure from masters buffed rending slashes and because those 2 skills + concealed (slotted for passive bonuses) and incap carries my damage everything else on both of my bars is pure utility, defense, mobility and healing since I don't need anything else for damage.

I'm not even a NB main, so I still haven't reached the full potential of the class yet, and it is just absurd how much it adds up to. If my bow misses, I keep the pressure up from rending slashes and concealed and just burst again as soon as the next bow is ready. I've also seen what top level NBs can do on the class, and quite frankly, it puts even DK to shame, it just takes a lot of skill to achieve it.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

the issue thats enabling tank meta is lack of movement mechanics on a lot of classes that disables them from kiting/skill based damage mitigation. changing inflation would help but will not really do much relative to changing how pvp functions.

if no movement mechanics are added to the classes that lack them either directly via class skills or via a shared skill tree like vampirism mist form then those classes will be inherently weak (as they always have) during a damage meta because they have no form of damage mitigation anymore because sitting on their backbar and spam healing/blocking wont save them.

i miss the days of watching kristopher run around not on a mag sorc or stamblade but on a magplar 1vx'ing and kiting with vampire mistform. that was the best of eso pvp. (awesome name btw. everyone hated him but like the second he left the game slowly morphed into a brawler tank meta blob. i bet hes so mad with what has been done to his brain child)

edit:breaking up my wall of text
    Edited by nublife01 on May 6, 2023 7:58PM
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »

the issue thats enabling tank meta is lack of movement mechanics on a lot of classes that disables them from kiting/skill based damage mitigation. changing inflation would help but will not really do much relative to changing how pvp functions.

if no movement mechanics are added to the classes that lack them either directly via class skills or via a shared skill tree like vampirism mist form then those classes will be inherently weak (as they always have) during a damage meta because they have no form of damage mitigation anymore because sitting on their backbar and spam healing/blocking wont save them.

i miss the days of watching kristopher run around not on a mag sorc or stamblade but on a magplar 1vx'ing and kiting with vampire mistform. that was the best of eso pvp. (awesome name btw. everyone hated him but like the second he left the game slowly morphed into a brawler tank meta blob. i bet hes so mad with what has been done to his brain child)

edit:breaking up my wall of text

I miss Kristofers top PvP battle commentaries. They were amazing and it was so fun seeing your friends fights get highlighted on his channel. Honestly they were fantastic.