The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Describing the Factions in one sentence.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Potentially fun little exercise in revealing the varying Faction identities that have developed over the years based on player experiences. In your words, describe each Faction as a whole on your Server/Camp in a single sentence, (while attempting to not insult them). I'll try to start,

Xbox NA, (Blackreach) I can't speak for the other Camps.

Pact: Disorganized rabble of underdog solo & small group players driven to resist out of spite and heart, constantly on the backfoot yet somehow still winning Camps.
Covenant: An Army of skilled solo players who have found the ability to cooperate in mass though success has corrupted sportsmanship.
Dominion: A collection of the most powerful small groups with an unhealthy obsession with Bleakers and all their farming fury aimed squarely at Red.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PC/EU Gray Host:

Pact: Where abandoning your siege is forbidden by law.
    Covenant: Where playing in a ballgroup doesn't mean you should stack with fewer than 40 people.
    Dominion: Where the real PVP happens in zone chat.

We all have our quirks. ;)
    Edited by WaywardArgonian on March 23, 2023 9:37AM
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA Gray Host, from the perspective of a Pact player

Pact: We don't want Alessia, we just want to paint the front door with our blood.

Covenant: We want Chalman, but we forgot our siege weapons back at Bleakers.

Dominion: We'll defend this bridge farm harder than we will most of our keeps (except Alessia, you can't have that one.)

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch PC/EU

PACT: 20/20
    DC: 3/20
    AD: 0/20
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    When i was ep back on xbox, ep meant easy prey i forget what the others were.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA Gray Host, from the perspective of a Pact player

Dominion: We'll defend this bridge farm harder than we will most of our keeps (except Alessia, you can't have that one.)

That is way too familiar of how our AD used to be a long while ago, when Bridges used to be the place for two zergs to go at it. I think that died down after they made them destructible.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC Zerg but claim AD zerg even when you are solo
    EP Zerg but can be killed easily
    AD might as well not exist
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Done this one before. Here's the lore perspective.

Pact: "I hate all of you, but I hate the other guys more. Let's stop being xenophobic biggots for 5 minutes so we can wage war." - Nords and Dunmer say to the Argonians.

DC: King unites kingdoms for war, and is more cool with vampires than he is with orcs.

AD: Xenophobic elves want the throne, but one less xenophobic elf wants to do with cats instead of using cats.
    Edited by merpins on March 26, 2023 5:55AM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    They are represented by the three primary colours.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/RYB.png/220px-RYB.png

One short sentence. How difficult can it be.

Edited by Tigor on March 26, 2023 10:30AM
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pact: all the numbers, none of the leadership

Covenant: we hate each other almost as much as we hate all you

Dominion: population is at three bars, but everyone is fishing except the 1 ballgroup fighting the ww guild over a random outpost.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pact: all the numbers, none of the leadership

Covenant: we hate each other almost as much as we hate all you

Dominion: population is at three bars, but everyone is fishing except the 1 ballgroup fighting the ww guild over a random outpost.

I love these, and it's incredible how similar our two Pacts are.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    GH/NA/PS

Pact: We lack guilds & organized groups right now but make up for it in solos handling things. Also, The Chalamo is ours and only ours.

DC: Used to feel like a legitimate threat, now they just kinda do their own thing, fun to fight.

AD: Will bring the server to take a outpost, has potential to be a good alliance but lacks damage due to everyone running a tank or healer.
  • Ecgberht_confused
    Ecgberht_confused
    ✭✭✭
    GH/PC/EU

EP: whole faction goes to zerg a keep. 3 people siege with fire balistas while the others chase a troll tank up the tower, until we all wipe

DC: everyone is a tank. Tower hugging is the only true pvp.

AD: pop bonus all the time while ballgroup is trolling Kings with their own scroll
    Edited by Ecgberht_confused on April 5, 2023 5:47PM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    DC overpowered
    DC tanky
    DC annoying

NERF DC !
    Edited by Tigor on April 8, 2023 8:33PM
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Fidget1302
    PC/NA

(having played on all three factions)

DC: We don't fight EP.

EP: We don't fight DC.

AD: We don't fight anything besides a door.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fidget1302 wrote: »
    PC/NA

(having played on all three factions)

DC: We don't fight EP.

EP: We don't fight DC.

AD: We don't fight anything besides a door.

This always cracks me up. Having played all 3 factions over the years I know that Team Green/Orange/Purple is actually pretty rare and always temporary, but every faction has players that endessly whine about it in zone, even when they've just been at a 3-way battle where the other 2 factions were clearly also fighting each other.

That being said, your comment about AD's PvDoor habit is pretty spot on. They do a pretty good job at keeping DC off-balance a lot of the time having to fall back and defend Rayles or Glademist.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA/GH

AD: Bows are real weapons.

DC: I can't believe you zerged a solo player and the other 40 solo players here.

EP: Who is running this show?
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA/BR

EP: What are we doing? Where are we going? ALESSIA

DC: Oooh lots of trees and trees and rocks....and towers!

AD: Zzzz
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    Yellow kitty archers
    Red dks and templars
    And the last one - alliance for not roleplayers
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA, IC, any CP Cyrodil

EP: Ape strong together
    AD: Ape strong together
    DC: Ape strong together

Doesn't matter the color of your flag, they will chimp mob and slap you with their monkey sticks. All 20 of them.
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU Raven:

AD: See those enemies? Snipe and Gank them!
    EP. See those Smallscalers? Zerg them!
    DC: See those Zerglings? Bait them - while wondering why no enemy keep is ua from the 40 other DCs that defended the last homekeep
    @Sir_Metalheat
    Member of ACE - the Small-scale-Guild of ESO
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    Done this one before. Here's the lore perspective.

Pact: "I hate all of you, but I hate the other guys more. Let's stop being xenophobic biggots for 5 minutes so we can wage war." - Nords and Dunmer say to the Argonians.

Wow that sums me up to a T in game, No wonder I only play EP lol.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EP: We're out of pumpkins and ale. Let's take Aleswell farm and Fort Aleswell. You others fighting on the bridge, join us or you don't get any.

DC: Red carpet rolling toward Aleswell. Defend! You others at Nickleback get north right now.

AD: Heyyyy, we are still here, come fight us bro. FINE we'll take all your back keeps.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Twig_Garlicshine
    Twig_Garlicshine
    ✭✭✭✭
    One word each suffices.

EP = Elmos
    DC = Smurfs
    AD = Spongebobs
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA GH

Team purple vs AD
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA:

EP: "Ok, keep Vlast red. We need 40 people to deathport onto Fare/BM resources the moment there is any action past the Alessia bridge".

DC: "Let's wipe repeatedly in the field towards Nik. That's our plan for the day. Just that. All day."

AD: "Why are there 40 blues/reds camping Vlast when I just came here to earn some Citruses on my PVE toon?"
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA-GH
    ~~~~~~~~

EP: DC has both of our scrolls, but Alessia is our home keep. Lets zerg it.
    DC: Everyone hold hands, we don't go anywhere or do anything with less than ten people.
    AD: I could use an oil or fight on the flags with others, but I'm just going to light attack a safe distance from the stairs.

Also AD: Best zone chat in GH, makes up for anything we lack lol ;p
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭

Hilariously accurate!
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP: Fus Ro Dah.
    AD: [snip]
    DC: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2024 11:09AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Ravenwatch:

EP: We must fight the yellow zerg
    DC: Where is everyone?
    AD: Ok, we finally have our group of 75, we can go pvDoor!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    "Ok, we finally have our group of 75"

This definitely sounds more like EP on Ravenwatch, especially during the most recent campaign, but also generally.

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm thinking of Blackreach.
    Edited by kiwi_tea on November 17, 2023 4:09AM