Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    irswat wrote: »
    I think the communication has been excellent. A lot of people are just impatient. Now we have a pretty good idea of why they had to turn off crown crates, people were abusing it cross servers in some way. They have a fix, now we just need to be patient a bit longer.

Do you have that pretty good idea because of player speculation or because ZOS has been so transparent in their communication?
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    this issue is devastating everyone, and Zenimax reputation in most

even more like redshell spyware back in 2018, when Director of Zenimax must post an apology letter

will see how they act this time
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have removed some baiting comments as well as some back and forth that was disruptive. Please ensure you are treating others with respect on the forums even when they have views that differ from your own. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    jongoma wrote: »
    [Removed quote]

Believe it or not, some people have bought Crown Crates well over a month ago (like me) to help support their guild. 8mil gold... Not complaining, just saying. Other people sell there crown because they dont use the crown store. And use this income to support Trials (where you pretty much go broke doing) Not to mention that ZoS had an event the same time this happened with Crate gifting that no one was able to do?
    Regardless, its part of a game that people have paid thousands to play over the years, supporting ZoS. And feel the need to express there disappointment in what they believe is a matter that should have been addressed immediately... Not 2 months down the line.

*Self edited* sigh
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 5, 2023 6:06PM
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    ill probably buy 2 15 pack crates when they go on sale next month just before the new crate comes out.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    (previous rundown removed, updated version later in the thread as of 5/16)
    Edited by muscle_witch on May 17, 2023 3:33AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Removed quote]

Believe it or not, some people have bought Crown Crates well over a month ago (like me) to help support their guild. 8mil gold... Not complaining, just saying. Other people sell there crown because they dont use the crown store. And use this income to support Trials (where you pretty much go broke doing) Not to mention that ZoS had an event the same time this happened with Crate gifting that no one was able to do?
    Regardless, its part of a game that people have paid thousands to play over the years, supporting ZoS. And feel the need to express there disappointment in what they believe is a matter that should have been addressed immediately... Not 2 months down the line.

*Self edited* sigh

everyone was able to participate in the event to do with crown crate gifting because you had to gift someone else event tickets not crown crates. your reward for gifting event tickets was crown crates. you didn't have to gift crates for it. only zos.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63961
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing they'll re-enable the gifting once the Ragebound Crates are done?
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think you guys are in fault not zos , players are so annoying asking devs everyday for news cmon we don't need crown crate gifting it just cosmetics , if they don't want to fix it okay it doesn't effect the game so stop complaining please

Believe it or not, some people have bought Crown Crates well over a month ago (like me) to help support their guild. 8mil gold
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    [Removed quote]

*Self edited* sigh

everyone was able to participate in the event to do with crown crate gifting because you had to gift someone else event tickets not crown crates. your reward for gifting event tickets was crown crates. you didn't have to gift crates for it. only zos.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63961

Mmm, I see that now. Turns out I just listened to people in guild and never actually took the time to look. *shrug*
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| Tomorrow we have a game update, ZOS PLEASE SOLVE THIS ''PROBLEM'' :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
  • POG4LIFE
    POG4LIFE
    ✭✭
    A timeline of the bug/dev response, for anyone who'd like a tl;dr-ish compilation

Thank you for doing this! I was following closely for a while, but got caught up with school and my mini!
    -POG
  • Franckh
    Franckh
    ✭✭✭
    POG4LIFE wrote: »
    A timeline of the bug/dev response, for anyone who'd like a tl;dr-ish compilation

Thank you for doing this! I was following closely for a while, but got caught up with school and my mini!
    -POG

What emerges is that no concrete answer is given for more than 2 months, that we are served the same answers over and over to the point of becoming spinning tops, and that for lack of an answer...

Some start imagining scenarios and they see their post erased for conspiracy...

Afterwards, everyone is free to form an opinion on the problem, how to inform us as well as how to treat us...

I love it this game, don't get me wrong, I've been in it since the beta but in terms of communication, respect for its community and benevolence, you'll excuse me but I've seen better.

It remains to be hoped that the problem will be solved with this update but I remain realistic.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new update did not fix the crown crate issue.
  • KENDALLPOP
    KENDALLPOP
    ✭✭✭
    Still no fix? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    One more update and no fixes, and no response here, sometimes I feel like an idiot to expect something positive from ZOS, it makes me sad because it's a game that I really enjoy playing, but with each passing day the desire to playbeing running out, it's a total lack of respect that kind of attitude they have with us, since every year I spend a lot of money on the game and waste a lot of my time in the game , thanks ZOS, you are showing the correct way of HOW NOT TO MANAGE a game....
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow I wonder how many people will break down and buy crowns for that polymorph
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect it to be renabled fixed till the ragebound crates leave the store.
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arictheana wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect it to be renabled fixed till the ragebound crates leave the store.

Dont say that! Thats the only reason I paid gold for the ones I didnt get yet *pout*
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

I won't elaborate on all the many ways in which the scenario you describe + crate gifting being down might result in an overall monetary gain in the long run, but I think you are onto something. Usually, monetization teams have tons of smart people in them, I'm sure someone has run the numbers.
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

I won't elaborate on all the many ways in which the scenario you describe + crate gifting being down might result in an overall monetary gain in the long run, but I think you are onto something. Usually, monetization teams have tons of smart people in them, I'm sure someone has run the numbers.

Based [snip], but probably true. [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass & conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 12, 2023 2:36PM
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    i refunded my Necrom pre-purchase
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

If only I was on Steam.
    What is it? 87 bucks if I buy 2 3000c, and a 1500c..... 8 and a half months of no eso plus, and I aint spending real money on crates. Iv done enough of that.
    But honestly, they have more then enough players buying. Why would they care?
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin update?
  • wolfcrisp
    wolfcrisp
    ✭✭
    This is depressing
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious how this would lead to increased income for Zos though.

Folks who didn't have money to spare could use gold to buy crates from folks who had money to spare to buy crowns. Skilled traders could also do this, whether they had spare money to buy crowns or not.

The crowns still needed to be purchased, regardless.

You will definitely have folks who are now unwisely spending money they don't really have to buy crowns to get crates, but you're going to have less demand overall because some proportion of folks who used to get them with gold just can't spend the money, period, and are wise enough not to.

They haven't increased the trend in demand for crates by removing the ability of many to obtain them, they've decreased it.

In my guild, our crown exchange is down about 60% because of this 'bug'. As someone pointed out, these exchanges help to fund our trader bids, so they've taken a hit.

Nobody is happy with this change, and I really don't see how Zos could be either, even if it feels absolutely intentional.
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    ZOS making a fool of us once again, I suspended my plus this month and did not buy this new expansion for this reason, and I will probably abandon the game if this issue is not resolved.

If only I was on Steam.
    What is it? 87 bucks if I buy 2 3000c, and a 1500c..... 8 and a half months of no eso plus, and I aint spending real money on crates. Iv done enough of that.
    But honestly, they have more then enough players buying. Why would they care?

8 people from the guild I'm part of have already asked for a refund, other players in the guild are thinking of doing the same, that's just in the guild I'm part of, which is a small guild, imagine bigger guilds. ..
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. We have an update regarding Crown Crate gifting and where we are in the process outlined last week. Yesterday, we deployed a fix related to the ongoing Crown Crate gifting issue. We are currently evaluating if the fix fully resolved the issue, and reviewing results as quickly as possible. We will have another update for you no later than Monday, May 15.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As we had to remove some additional quitting and non-constructive comments from this thread, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug is almost certainly due to the polymorph bundle; I would bet they put something in place to make it so you can't get around the one purchase limit for the bundle via gifting and it broke other things down the line, in unexpected ways.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    The bug is almost certainly due to the polymorph bundle; I would bet they put something in place to make it so you can't get around the one purchase limit for the bundle via gifting and it broke other things down the line, in unexpected ways.

This has been an issue well before this bundle was available.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
This discussion has been closed.