The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A great way to know if you have nerves of steel...

Monsoon
Monsoon
✭✭✭
Is to play a whole day in Cyrodill on a Mac. I did it this weekend and crashed about 40 times...EVERYTIME at a crucial moment. Either putting a siege up that could turn the battle or entering a circle for a capture or in the middle of a fight.

But I survived. I did not burn the house down nor strangled the pets nor yelled insults at the neighbors...I remained calm even when I would lose my hard earned siege or not get any points due to the crashes because it has been 34 days that I have experienced the same thing every day. I have very little hopes but at least I now have nerves of steel.

I am totally prepared the game can crash anytime (and it does) and I am not even mad nor do I feel like throwing my chair at the monitor...nope, it is all part of the game. Sort of playing ESO hardcore...really hardcore, almost like playing a car race simulation and having the screen shut off when you are at 300kph taking a turn. The screen goes black and you wait for 2 minutes to get in. You finally get in and the race is over and you crashed and burned your car.

ESO Mac client should be used in psychology studies to see the breaking point of people and find the ones that can t control themselves and may be a danger to the community.

When it will be fixed it will be a shame because the game will finally be enjoyable and there will be no more surprises and testing of one's nerves and self control...the crashes will be missed but we will remember.

ESO Mac Client - Auriel's Bow AD Cyrodill 2014
Never forget!
Edited by Monsoon on May 5, 2014 3:43AM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    ESO Mac client should be used in psychology studies to see the breaking point of people and find the ones that can t control themselves and may be a danger to the community.

"I played ESO on the Mac back when it crashed like Flappy Bird, and all I got was this t-shirt."

Nah, not catchy enough. B)

PvE is bearable. Not ideal, but bearable. But the dog and the cat definitely approve of the more frequent attention. :wink:

Good to see you're still around, though.

Btw: did you notice a severe drop in framerate immediately before crashing? This weekend, I could tell when a crash was imminent because the graphics went all sluggish for a moment or two, and FPS went down to low tens.
  • mahpoul
    mahpoul
    I can relate WAY TOO MUCH to OP
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    ...But I survived. I did not burn the house down nor strangled the pets nor yelled insults at the neighbors...I remained calm even when I would lose my hard earned siege or not get any points due to the crashes
    mahpoul wrote: »
    I can relate WAY TOO MUCH to OP

Crashes at crutial moments of gamplay tend to make me want to:
    nerdrage.gif
    at times.

IIRC, there's a cure for this that a Mage's Guild member can apply for about 250g in Riften and I'm thinking that I probably should seek him out. :s
    Edited by Gwarok on May 5, 2014 4:39PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if a game crashes 40 times for me in a day...i would play something else...
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• joetpelusob14_ESO
    I feel you bro, I'm installing ESO on my bootcamp drive right now...just over the crashes
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    After he spoke at the graduation ceremony I managed to invite Buzz Aldrin for coffee. He mentioned that Nasa is using the Mac client to test the level of control of candidates for the space program. While we were having crumpets and tea he mentioned that Nasa had noticed about 2 to 3 months ago that the Mac client of ESO was constantly crashing in Cyrodill.

He told me with a smile "I tried it myself...it felt like when we were testing the landing software for our mission back in the days and the cabin would go totally dark in the simulator as if main power had gone off and the backups did not kick in. We would stay there for 2 minutes and then the lights would come back and control would inform us that we crashed on the moon. It was nerve wrecking. This clearly feels the same...How much did you pay for it again?"

Did you also meet a celebrity that told you about the Mac client?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 1.1.1
    I am happy to report the new patch crashes the client way way less...but only when you do not launch the client. I guess that is an improvement...right?

Count: 32 days since the game was released, 67 days since first public beta
    Still no mention of the Mac client working as intended in pvp.

I am running out of sarcasm
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 1.1.1
    I am happy to report the new patch crashes the client way way less...but only when you do not launch the client. I guess that is an improvement...right?

Patch 1.1.1 is on PTS test server just so that others don't get confused. Not even released yet.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Patch 1.1.1

Patch 1.1.1 is on PTS test server just so that others don't get confused. Not even released yet.

this was sarcasm ;)
    "but only when you do not launch the client"
    Edited by Randay on May 13, 2014 1:40PM
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Randay wrote: »
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Patch 1.1.1

this was sarcasm ;)
    "but only when you do not launch the client"
    I'm well aware. But not all others may not especially as v.1.1 has not even gone live yet... ;)