The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So is the 'hide shoulder' a collectible or a style?

Dragonlord573
Dragonlord573
✭✭✭✭✭
The patch notes says that it is a "requested outfit style" but also calls it a collectible.

Best Answer

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I heard some guildies talking about it as if it was a coding thing in terms of needing something in that slot, so it needed to be programmed as a 'null.'

However, at the outfit station, it works just like the Hide Helmet one. It's at the top of the menu where the 'Hide Helm' is. It works as expected.

The only thing is we need to use tickets to get it. But it's not tied to any events, so the assistant will have it permanently.

EDIT to add a pic:
    gc64vgopuz3v.png
    Once you get it, it works just like the Hide Helm in the Outfit station
    Edited by tomofhyrule on February 6, 2023 7:57PM
    Answer ✓
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find it baffling that this isn't just implemented the same way as the ability to hide the helmet.
    I can only assume that there's just no one left at ZOS who understands how the code for hide helmet works in the first place.

But actually charging event tickets for it and having it applied in this bizarre way? Come on.

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find it baffling that this isn't just implemented the same way as the ability to hide the helmet.
    I can only assume that there's just no one left at ZOS who understands how the code for hide helmet works in the first place.

But actually charging event tickets for it and having it applied in this bizarre way? Come on.

What? Are you saying its not at the oufit table like hide helmet?(once purchased)
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard some guildies talking about it as if it was a coding thing in terms of needing something in that slot, so it needed to be programmed as a 'null.'

However, at the outfit station, it works just like the Hide Helmet one. It's at the top of the menu where the 'Hide Helm' is. It works as expected.

The only thing is we need to use tickets to get it. But it's not tied to any events, so the assistant will have it permanently.

EDIT to add a pic:
    gc64vgopuz3v.png

This is great news! Thank you.
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    My assumption is that it's effectively coded as an invisible shoulder style page, so it kinda makes sense it would be available in a similar format to other style pages.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd assume that it is implemented differently due to costumes as they may not be set up with separate shoulder parts in all cases which would present problems if you tried to remove the shoulders of a costume.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    flizomica wrote: »
    My assumption is that it's effectively coded as an invisible shoulder style page, so it kinda makes sense it would be available in a similar format to other style pages.

Nobody had to do anything to gain the ability to hide their helmets. As a matter of fact, even way back in the day when outfitting stations were only dye stations, there was a toggle in the Gameplay options to hide your helmet.

tzya290apnez.png

Gating the shoulder toggle behind a ticket purchase has nothing to do with how other motifs are obtained and makes it an unnecessary ticket/time/money sink.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on February 6, 2023 10:10PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many tickets does it cost please? Or is it just a token amount like crown store stuff so we won't know til live?
    PS4 EU
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lillybit
    it cots 5 tickets from the event vendor and unlocks the hide shoulders as a style in the outfit station with an application cost of 5,000 gold

the Real question is, why does it cost tickets to buy in the first place?
    IMHO it should be free (or at least cost something like 50 gold) to aquire what should have been in outfit system from day one
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by notyuu on February 7, 2023 8:44AM
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. I was assuming it was the same as hiding the helmet. What a bummer.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when the accountants are the ones that design the game lol.

It should have been just base game feature (just like hide helmet is)... like who thought it will be good idea ?

What I also find weird is... why "hide helmet" is a collectible ? It should be a toggle button in your inventory near armor head slot in a 1st place... just like in... pretty much every other crpg out there lol.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good a requested feature that isn't monetized in an abusive manner.

The highly requested class change token should work like this.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so...... I will begrudgingly pay five tickets or some gold for the hide shoulders option. But to put a gold price on its application is just dumb. I am sorry, but it is just dumb. Why? We are already paying for the thing. Why is there a need to put a gold price on its application? Zero it out like the Helmet.
    Edited by CyberDiva on February 7, 2023 5:00PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT to add a pic:
    gc64vgopuz3v.png

I’m glad that it’s implemented from the outfit station like the similar hide helmet so that we set up different outfits accordingly!

I know there are additional options to hide helmet that also work with costumes but expect that many of the costumes were not set up to work with hide shoulders.
    CyberDiva wrote: »
    Okay, so...... I will begrudgingly pay five tickets or some gold for the hide shoulders option. But to put a gold price on its application is just dumb. I am sorry, but it is just dumb. Why? We are already paying for the thing. Why is there a need to put a gold price on its application? Zero it out like the Helmet.

Seriously? It’s 500 gold. If you’re on one of the PC servers I could mail you some.

I’m surprised it will cost tickets but whatever, I’m glad we’re finally getting a hide shoulders option! :smiley:
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally missed this in the notes (yes, I scroll to combat changes). Ummm...ok. I guess you want to add some value to the event tickets partition? I'll definitely take it, and thank you for it. Seems like a roundabout way to offer something that should have been so simple, BUT, if this is a sign of things to come (hide tabard), I'm on board and will finally have something to use event tickets to acquire.
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally missed this in the notes (yes, I scroll to combat changes). Ummm...ok. I guess you want to add some value to the event tickets participation? I'll definitely take it, and thank you for it. Seems like a roundabout way to offer something that should have been so simple, BUT, if this is a sign of things to come (hide tabard), I'm on board and will finally have something to use event tickets to acquire.
    Edited by ForumBully on February 7, 2023 7:08PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :warning: Why is this (a feature requested for yeeeaasrrrs) locked behind a ticket purchase??? :warning:
    :D:D:D
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :warning: Why is this (a feature requested for yeeeaasrrrs) locked behind a ticket purchase??? :warning:

Would you have rather it cost Crowns? Or Gems?

But seriously, isn’t it rather soon to complain about the price? I don’t think we know how many tickets it will cost nor how many we will get in upcoming events. Generally, one will have extra tickets AND the current year’s items/morphs return for the New Life festival, so one can use that information and prioritize accordingly. :)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But seriously, isn’t it rather soon to complain about the price? I don’t think we know how many tickets it will cost nor how many we will get in upcoming events. Generally, one will have extra tickets AND the current year’s items/morphs return for the New Life festival, so one can use that information and prioritize accordingly. :)

i think the issue people are having is that this should have been a key feature integrated into the game with no "purchase' requirement at all lol

i personally do not see why it should cost anything to unlock, since it is effectively providing the same functionality as hide helmet, but there is a ticket cost to unlock + gold cost to apply a hidden shoulder as a style, why such a large disparity between hide helmet and hide shoulder?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think the issue people are having is that this should have been a key feature integrated into the game with no "purchase' requirement at all lol

i personally do not see why it should cost anything to unlock, since it is effectively providing the same functionality as hide helmet, but there is a ticket cost to unlock + gold cost to apply a hidden shoulder as a style, why such a large disparity between hide helmet and hide shoulder?

I would have expected it to be a new option that would just appear in the outfit station after an update. I agree the implementation seems odd but likewise, it doesn’t seem to be worth complaining about and the positives here greatly outweigh the negatives.

I realize it’s human nature to focus on the negative, or even the perceived negative, and I don’t think I’ve seen a game forum any different, and yet it seems to me there has been an excessive amount of posts complaining or protesting every type of thing. Maybe it should not matter to me, but 1) I worry that actual problems will get buried under general saltiness and 2) if people complain whatever ZOS does, then how can we hope they will listen to any feedback? My concerns may be misguided, but it is what I endeavor to follow myself and post things I’m happy about too and to give any requests or complaints only the weight they merit (which I realize is subjective, but some things hopefully we can all agree are non-issues, like a small gold fee?)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have expected it to be a new option that would just appear in the outfit station after an update. I agree the implementation seems odd but likewise, it doesn’t seem to be worth complaining about and the positives here greatly outweigh the negatives.

I realize it’s human nature to focus on the negative, or even the perceived negative, and I don’t think I’ve seen a game forum any different, and yet it seems to me there has been an excessive amount of posts complaining or protesting every type of thing. Maybe it should not matter to me, but 1) I worry that actual problems will get buried under general saltiness and 2) if people complain whatever ZOS does, then how can we hope they will listen to any feedback? My concerns may be misguided, but it is what I endeavor to follow myself and post things I’m happy about too and to give any requests or complaints only the weight they merit (which I realize is subjective, but some things hopefully we can all agree are non-issues, like a small gold fee?)

of course, the positive being that the option will be here at all, but at the same time they are making it "overly difficult" for apparently no reason, its doing the same thing as hide helmet basically, but why is it "more difficulty" (cost to obtain vs being built into the game, and while the gold cost is negligible, why is there a gold cost at all when its doing the same as hide helmet)

looking back, they kind of did the same harsh treatment to the jewelry crafting, they locked jewelry crafting behind summerset which either requires ESO+ or owning that dlc, and more difficult to craft (due to every item having an unrefined material) which makes it far more expensive to do crafting over any other gear craft
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean that people who play later won't be able to get it? Or will it always be available for ticket?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Does that mean that people who play later won't be able to get it? Or will it always be available for ticket?

its available at the impressario assistant, which is available year round, but if it cost tickets then you still wont be able to get it until you can get tickets again, which would be during an event

edit for clarity: as in if you had less than the tickets needed to buy it you would still have to wait for an event to earn tickets for it
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 7, 2023 9:57PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind that it's behind 5 tickets, because a) it's a small amount, and b) some players have no interest in a lot of the event collectibles, so it's nice to have another option for them to spend tickets on. Also, I think the game needs more permanent gold sinks, so I'm fine with the 5k gold cost. Should have they added it from the beginning, like the hide helmet? Sure, but they didn't, and found an opportunity to implement it now in a way that fits the state of the game now. It's a rare instance that they don't actually try to milk us, or give a gift that gets progressively worse (like the seals), so I'm very pleased with it.