Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you could change some existing houses, what you do?

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With Daggerfall Overlook, I would make the trap-door accessible from the beach as a second entry point, and also as a useable egress from the house to the beach.
    As it is designed right now, there is a school of slaughterfish between the beach and the trap-door, making it a fairly useless feature.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • boi_anachronism_
      boi_anachronism_
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Change the weird, fleshy texture of tel Galen to something more plant like.
    • fizzylu
      fizzylu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Change the weird, fleshy texture of tel Galen to something more plant like.

Yeah, I've always wished it was a pretty blue. That house is the closest we get to a mage tower, but I would never want it just because of how gross it looks.
    • Sallymen
      Sallymen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pantherfang pantherfang pantherfang.

So much is wrong with it. From the entrance being a boat to walls and covering walls that make no sense. Walls are not scalable and the towers near the chapel not enterable.

Not to mention the left tower of the bastion is a box tower but you go inside and has a spiral staircase. So much is wrong with Pantherfang that needs to be fixed.
      Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
    • harvey07
      harvey07
      ✭✭✭
      i want something to change the zone in location/spot. like what Rift has. just place the tile down.....and bam...that is where you now zone in to the house.
    • Lugaldu
      Lugaldu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      It would be nice if you could not only repair and clean the interior walls of all houses - as suggested above - but if you could color wooden walls in particular.
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Please do something about the lighting in the base game houses. I have to hide lights in walls and floors to even be able to see the furnishings I place. I had hoped that the Hourglass would help, and it does for the outdoor spaces, but inside the houses it's still very dark no matter what time it's set to.
      PCNA
    • starlizard70ub17_ESO
      starlizard70ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Maybe a system that will allow us to move the main building location during purchase. Like, give us 3 map variants to position the main buildings or something to that extent.

I was just about to suggest this. For example, it would be great if I could move around or alter the Sleek Creek house. I'd put the house against a wall, and make it 2 stories. Then I'd set up an out door seating/workbench area along the actual creek.
      "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Any house that has a visible tower, has a way to access that tower. There are a couple that are most annoying in how they are set up in that way.

Stone Eagle Aerie, allow access to the tower (tower bedroom, anyone???) add functional windows, and increase the boundary so you can access some of the mountain behind the house.... I always wanted to build an observation deck for star gazing up there.
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Please do something about the lighting in the base game houses. I have to hide lights in walls and floors to even be able to see the furnishings I place. I had hoped that the Hourglass would help, and it does for the outdoor spaces, but inside the houses it's still very dark no matter what time it's set to.

So long as it’s adjustable! I quite like how dark some of my houses are, with dramatic lighting and some details that may only be seen with the explorer personality or other player generated light. :)
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So long as it’s adjustable! I quite like how dark some of my houses are, with dramatic lighting and some details that may only be seen with the explorer personality or other player generated light. :)

We shouldn't need player generated light sources like personalities to be able to see furnishings in a house. I can place a bookshelf in a room and not be able to see any of the items I place on it without several nearby lighting sources pointing right at it. It's not like this in the DLC houses so whatever they did differently with them they should apply to the base zone houses.
      Edited by SilverBride on February 6, 2023 2:54AM
      PCNA
    • fizzylu
      fizzylu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @SilverBride
      A lot of the newer lights are also brighter for sure. I noticed there's a huge difference in lighting furnishings from Greymoor and forward, some old chandeliers can't even light up a small room.
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fizzylu wrote: »
      @SilverBride
      A lot of the newer lights are also brighter for sure. I noticed there's a huge difference in lighting furnishings from Greymoor and forward, some old chandeliers can't even light up a small room.

I'm not referring to lighting furnishings but rather to the house itself.

I can place a light in a DLC house and it lights up a fair sized area. But if I place the same light in a base game house it barely lights anything, so I have to add way more lights and often still have to hide some light sources in the walls and floors.
      PCNA
    • fizzylu
      fizzylu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @SilverBride
      Yeah, I know haha I was just bringing attention to that as well since I'd like them to go back and adjust some of the old lighting furnishings too if they were to ever pay attention to this thread. I feel like I'm always limited when it comes to lighting options and there are so many older ones that look nice, but don't actually function well enough to use (the redguard chandeliers are a great example).
      Edited by fizzylu on February 6, 2023 5:12AM
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fizzylu wrote: »
      @SilverBride
      Yeah, I know haha I was just bringing attention to that as well since I'd like them to go back and adjust some of the old lighting furnishings too if they were to ever pay attention to this thread. I feel like I'm always limited when it comes to lighting options and there are so many older ones that look nice, but don't actually function well enough to use (the redguard chandeliers are a great example).

I hope they do, too.
      PCNA
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The building borders in a lot of the base game houses. Several of them has invisible walls so you can't even access the interior all the way to the ceiling. Two noticeable examples I can think of are the Gardner House and Hammerdeath Bungalow.
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • Ashryn
      Ashryn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For a lot of houses: raise the ceiling so the chandelier chains don't poke out of the 2nd story floors!
      larger open space rooms
      less stairs...how about some one story decent size homes with plenty of courtyard garden and water
      areas?