The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class Change Tokens Will Ruin This Game

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Class change tokens are a terrible idea.

1. It gives ZOS an economic incentive to intentionally make classes imbalanced to get people to buy the tokens.
    2. Imbalanced classes ruins the game for people who enjoy playing one over the other. And if people aren’t enjoying the game anymore, that’s when they start quitting.

You seem to have an entirely poor view of Zos, and one that is arguably not grounded in reality. No, no one in their right mind would possibly think that Zos would intentionally do this, and sabotage their own game. Any short-term gain (which would be minimal) would be entirely negated - and worse - by long term loss of credibility. You don't work for many years building up a respected company/IP name only to flush it down the toilet by such decisions.

I would hazard to guess you have very little real-life business experience. What you've suggest is simply ludicrous.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

1. It gives ZOS an economic incentive to intentionally make classes imbalanced to get people to buy the tokens.
    2. Imbalanced classes ruins the game for people who enjoy playing one over the other. And if people aren’t enjoying the game anymore, that’s when they start quitting.

You seem to have an entirely poor view of Zos, and one that is arguably not grounded in reality. No, no one in their right mind would possibly think that Zos would intentionally do this, and sabotage their own game. Any short-term gain (which would be minimal) would be entirely negated - and worse - by long term loss of credibility. You don't work for many years building up a respected company/IP name only to flush it down the toilet by such decisions.

I would hazard to guess you have very little real-life business experience. What you've suggest is simply ludicrous.

Um. Not really. Their major impetus is the crown store. I expect they will come up with a class change token just as soon as someone realizes it will be a major money-maker. Probably have already got there, just waiting for the "perfect moment".

I don't expect it will "ruin the game" for a lot of us though.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

doesn't ruin the game as much as restarting the mount training grind on a new alt as the big "new feature" of a new chapter, along with all the other grinds involved with making a new alt.
    This game is terribly alt unfriendly.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Class change tokens wouldn't ruin the game, but it would allow people to skip actually playing the game. And would diminish the value of any new content ZOS releases. So class change tokens would be bad for the game.

But I really doubt ZOS would monetize such a feature through balance and imbalance of the classes themselves. That is, if they ever release a class change token. Which I hope they do not.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class changing doesn't necessarily need to be in a token format. It could be a free extension of the armoury system.
    PC EU
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Class change tokens wouldn't ruin the game, but it would allow people to skip actually playing the game. And would diminish the value of any new content ZOS releases. So class change tokens would be bad for the game.

But I really doubt ZOS would monetize such a feature through balance and imbalance of the classes themselves. That is, if they ever release a class change token. Which I hope they do not.

How do you believe that a class change token would allow people to skil actually playing the game? Maybe I just don't understand. As I see it it only allows people to skip to play something that they already played with at least one of their characters... That is the entire idea behind a class change token. And I don't see the additional value of playing the same thing over and over again just for the sake of bringing up a new character to the same level as the main character.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »

doesn't ruin the game as much as restarting the mount training grind on a new alt as the big "new feature" of a new chapter, along with all the other grinds involved with making a new alt.
    This game is terribly alt unfriendly.

For many of us it's more alt unfriendly since the switch to AwA, certainly.
  • Spawn186
    Spawn186
    ✭✭
    Class change should be free, like other skills change in game, like vamp and werewolf class !