Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence still totally broken set

• Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    I dont think in the history of bombing, a bomber has looked at a flag with 2-5 players outside of the range of their pull or soul tether etc & said yeah lets waste ult and kill 1-2 people, unless they wanted the rss themselves but again they would prob bait them to stack properly then bomb.

Weird statement, I see it all the time.
    12 flipping flag means more kills, but also high probability of punishment for bomber.
    4 flipping flag means less kills, but also high probability of killing all 4, and then bomber can try repeat it on another squad.

Just yesterday, I got hit by bomber with 3 other randoms, when we stand on flag. They get killed. I punished bomber and resurrect them. So it is weird, when you try to tell me, that it never happened.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I was on a flag last night.

Someone dropped something that pulled me and two other random people in.

I had a deep breath for 5.9k and then dark convergence for 14k and 24k on my death recap somehow...

Sounds very familiar, that's when it keeps happening to me, at flags with 2-4 people "stacking". Then you have people blaming another set, yet DC is ALWAYS on there...

Once again, why do people stack on flags still? Haven't you learned anything from MYM? Since my first MYM, if I'm with other players I'll stand far off to the sides making sure I wont get pulled or proxy bombed, and the flag will still flip where I'm standing.

Even when repping doors, if many players are stacked repping I'll exit the door and repair from the outside.

Finally, I run CMX and log most of my fights & NEVER have I seen DC do 10-24k damage since it has been adjusted multiple times maybe on release but never now, the sets that show those damage numbers are plague-break and Vicious death & the occasional rush of agony proc the might be close to 10k.

Just be mindful of stacking, I can promise you'll be bombed far less or not at all.

Well we had to flip the flag. That's how you take keeps...

There was me and two randoms. Hardly stacking. Plus I was under the archway in between the two flags.

It did that much damage, so you can look at your logs all you want. I have about 28k resistances on that build.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I dont think in the history of bombing, a bomber has looked at a flag with 2-5 players outside of the range of their pull or soul tether etc & said yeah lets waste ult and kill 1-2 people, unless they wanted the rss themselves but again they would prob bait them to stack properly then bomb.

12 flipping flag means more kills, but also high probability of punishment for bomber.
    4 flipping flag means less kills, but also high probability of killing all 4, and then bomber can try repeat it on another squad.

Just yesterday, I got hit by bomber with 3 other randoms, when we stand on flag. They get killed. I punished bomber and resurrect them. So it is weird, when you try to tell me, that it never happened.

Like I keep saying, STOP STANDING ON THE FLAG if players are spread around a flag outside of pull/proxy range, you wont be bombed, they will bait the players to a choke point first like the entrance to the tower to bomb, if they want the rss.

Think like a bomber, if you're standing somewhere you have been bombed before or anywhere on the map, close to enemy players thinking "damn, this would be a decent bomb" a bomber would think the same way.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

I had a deep breath for 5.9k and then dark convergence for 14k and 24k on my death recap somehow...

Sounds very familiar, that's when it keeps happening to me, at flags with 2-4 people "stacking". Then you have people blaming another set, yet DC is ALWAYS on there...

Once again, why do people stack on flags still? Haven't you learned anything from MYM? Since my first MYM, if I'm with other players I'll stand far off to the sides making sure I wont get pulled or proxy bombed, and the flag will still flip where I'm standing.

Even when repping doors, if many players are stacked repping I'll exit the door and repair from the outside.

Finally, I run CMX and log most of my fights & NEVER have I seen DC do 10-24k damage since it has been adjusted multiple times maybe on release but never now, the sets that show those damage numbers are plague-break and Vicious death & the occasional rush of agony proc the might be close to 10k.

Just be mindful of stacking, I can promise you'll be bombed far less or not at all.

There was me and two randoms. Hardly stacking. Plus I was under the archway in between the two flags.

It did that much damage, so you can look at your logs all you want. I have about 28k resistances on that build.

Next time you flip a flag, take notes on how far from the flag you can stand while it flips - you can stand quite far away from it and any other player & still flips it.

That damage Ive never from DC seen but I've seen those exact numbers from plaguebreak and vd. Next time screenshot & post.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

Like I keep saying, STOP STANDING ON THE FLAG if players are spread around a flag outside of pull/proxy range, you wont be bombed, they will bait the players to a choke point first like the entrance to the tower to bomb, if they want the rss.

Think like a bomber, if you're standing somewhere you have been bombed before or anywhere on the map, close to enemy players thinking "damn, this would be a decent bomb" a bomber would think the same way.

It doesn't matter though, all you DC users know you'll pull in all players with it anyway. :lol:
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next time you flip a flag, take notes on how far from the flag you can stand while it flips - you can stand quite far away from it and any other player & still flips it.

That damage Ive never from DC seen but I've seen those exact numbers from plaguebreak and vd. Next time screenshot & post.

I am standing on edge of flipping are, when taking resources or keep. It protect me from no-DCon bombers and gankers, but it wouldn't protect me from DCon bomber. I do also perma-blocking. (Some of my friends made fun of me because of it, until they get bombed.) This protect me well against DCon bomber. So I can flip flag safely, but a lot of your comments here in this thread are untrue. You often relativize or neglect same circumstances.

For example, that DCon is more often weapon of crowd then weapon of solo players. Solo DCon player has one chance to succeed with cooldown after. They need surprise moment, or it is easily counter-played. Crowd can spam DCon continuously, draining your resources and preventing you from doing anything else.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was in the archway between two flags.

I don't know how you get much further without being outside.

And there was THREE of us on it.

That shouldn't hit me for 14k then 24k.

I don't know why you insist on telling me like it's my first time in cyrodiil. I've been playing since launch, played every class extensively, all the playstyles there are and I'm definitely a solid player who primarily runs around solo. I don't need to take anymore notes. I have a book of stuff I know about cyrodiil.

DC is busted. I don't mind the pull. If someone pulls me into a bunch of randoms, ult dumps and VD or PB gets us, it's whatever. I mean, I think I've died a handful of times to DC, because I'm not usually flipping flags, I'm normally outside the keep cutting off reinforcements and getting into little fights.

But this time I was. And it hit that hard on 3 people..

I get it, you use it and enjoy it. That's fine. I don't particularly dislike it. But that damage is crazy.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Said it before, but I'd be satisfied if they removed one - just one of the effects of D/C: pull, stun, snare or explosion. CMIIW, but I can't think of any other set skill potion or effect with that many effects or even that number of seriously debilitating effects.

Personally I'd prefer removing the pull, which despite "fixes" still pulls from outside its visible range, but I'd be OK if they removed any one of them.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it before, but I'd be satisfied if they removed one - just one of the effects of D/C: pull, stun, snare or explosion. CMIIW, but I can't think of any other set skill potion or effect with that many effects or even that number of seriously debilitating effects.

Personally I'd prefer removing the pull, which despite "fixes" still pulls from outside its visible range, but I'd be OK if they removed any one of them.

The AOE pull is definitely the mechanic that makes this set so obnoxious in PvP. You could get rid of everything else the set does and it would still be used by groups to pull people into ulti dumps during big fights.
    Proper positioning while fighting should be one of the top skills to master for staying alive. But when a group runs forward and throws down one after another after another DC procs, inevitably pulling you into a spot along with someone not built for PvP that then dies and takes you out with them, that skill is made completely irrelevant.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on February 11, 2023 8:44PM