Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence still totally broken set

SaffronCitrusflower
SaffronCitrusflower
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I was participating in a busy fight on Alessia bridge. Dark Convergence pulled me from inside the second floor of the tower to outside on the main deck of the bridge. It pulled me through a wall and the floor, down to the first floor from the second floor.

How is this set not fixed yet?

Dark Convergence almost always pulls from way outside it's designated range, and occasionally still does outrageously out of line pulls like described above.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on January 21, 2023 3:44PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ctrl+Alt+Delete Dark Convergence. This set is a joy killer. It takes absolutely no brain cells whatsoever to use it. Even if you block and/or dodge roll out it pulls you in anyway. ("it's easy counter-just block/dodge roll"...No) Add in horrendous lag for ultimate anti-fun.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ctrl+Alt+Delete Dark Convergence. This set is a joy killer. It takes absolutely no brain cells whatsoever to use it. Even if you block and/or dodge roll out it pulls you in anyway. ("it's easy counter-just block/dodge roll"...No) Add in horrendous lag for ultimate anti-fun.

Do not attempt to dodge roll out of dark convergence.
    A dodge is not a counter. Until you actually complete the dodge roll the game's mechanics still consider you at the starting point which will get you killed because you can not get fully out before DC completes.

You also can not block the pull.
    When you see the ground effect, Block (this blocks the stun, and mitigates the damage from whatever ult was dropped into it) then once you get pulled - walk out.

Unless you're built extremely squishy, or it was a full-send Ult dump from a coordinated group (in which case you were probably doomed anyway), you will be fine.

The set is really that simple to counter - Block, and walk out.

That said, pulling through walls is definitely broken and should be patched (assuming that is really what happened), but I have personally never seen it happen.

The much more egregious set is Rush of Agony, which is low-key responsible for many of the complaints that get directed at Dark Convergence, since Rush doesn't apply CC immunity the "Rush-Rush-DC" combo became popular. You can't really see Rush happen, so it looks like you're being pulled multiple times, or from out of range, by DC, but in fact what actually happened is that you were Rush bombed.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 23, 2023 8:28PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A dodge is not a counter. Until you actually complete the dodge roll the game's mechanics still consider you at the starting point which will get you killed because you can not get fully out before DC completes.

When you see the ground effect, Block (this blocks the stun, and mitigates the damage from whatever ult was dropped into it) then once you get pulled - walk out.

Unless you're built extremely squishy, or it was a full-send Ult dump from a coordinated group (in which case you were probably doomed anyway), you will be fine.

So which one is it? Since this set has been released, this is all I see "it's easy, roll out or block". The set is still getting complaints, and you still keep saying it's easy. All I see in majority of recaps is dark Convergence. Stop defending an overused carry set.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone who told you to roll out is incorrect.

Block and walk out is the counter, and it is an effective counter.

If "all [you] see in the majority of recaps is dark convergence" when people are repeatedly saying that it is easy to counter, consider that perhaps you might be doing something wrong. From what I can see here, that something wrong is trying to roll out instead of blocking and walking out.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that sets should not be able to pull other players. They should mostly effect the wearer, be about defense/mitigation/mobility, enhance/synergize with player abilities, not pull and stun, infect with plague, and all this nonsense. It’s different in PvE, especially since there are no area taunts, having ways to snare/pull/aggro larger groups is great. But players should be treated like bosses and such gimmicks not work on them.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can block it, BUT - I agree its broken, the worst thing about it, is it's lag proof, and if you play PVP then you're lagging like crazy all the time, and you're lucky if 30% of your keypress work. So in a dork convergence especially in a big supper laggy fight, it's a guaranteed win for the person running it, and you're left screaming at the computer.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve died so many times to bugged DC pulls that I decided to run the set myself. The only thing that gets more kills than my DC gear are oils on a disorganized Zerg attacking a keep FD. It’s ridiculous how easy it is to get multiple kills with so little effort with this set. I guess the only way to get ZOS to pay attention to this is for as many people as possible to run the set and abuse the crap out of it until it forces their hand.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence counter play is block and walk out.
    Problem is, that you can be target of attack whole time you need block and they can spam another DCon where you are escaping. Set was designed again crowd, but is often used by crowd against solo player.
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoE pulls in a game that's often so laggy that the counter won't work is one of ZoSs worst ideas...and that's saying something
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That said, pulling through walls is definitely broken and should be patched (assuming that is really what happened), but I have personally never seen it happen.

The much more egregious set is Rush of Agony, which is low-key responsible for many of the complaints that get directed at Dark Convergence, since Rush doesn't apply CC immunity the "Rush-Rush-DC" combo became popular. You can't really see Rush happen, so it looks like you're being pulled multiple times, or from out of range, by DC, but in fact what actually happened is that you were Rush bombed.

Except it's not that easy to avoid. Did you read the original post? This set is still proc'ing on walls and on the porch of keeps as well, and it's not supposed to do that. The set does all kinds of wonky pulls from way outside it's designated range. That's why so many people are still using the set; because it's unreasonably OP and often does pulls from way outside it's designated range. They aren't using the set because it's super easy to avoid the pull and/or the damage.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set does all kinds of wonky pulls from way outside it's designated range.

I am quite sure that this is not the case. The pull might be slightly larger than the visible ground effect (which should be corrected!) but you're not getting pulled from "way outside" the designated range, you're getting pulled by someone running Rush of Agony into the pull from Dark Convergence.
    Next time you're in PVP run some logs and if you get pulled from "way outside" a dark convergence, go take a look, I'd bet that you're going to see damage ticks from Rush in that pull.

That said, if DC is not respecting LoS or its visible pull radius it should absolutely corrected.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am quite sure that this is not the case. The pull might be slightly larger than the visible ground effect (which should be corrected!) but you're not getting pulled from "way outside" the designated range, you're getting pulled by someone running Rush of Agony into the pull from Dark Convergence.
    Next time you're in PVP run some logs and if you get pulled from "way outside" a dark convergence, go take a look, I'd bet that you're going to see damage ticks from Rush in that pull.

That said, if DC is not respecting LoS or its visible pull radius it should absolutely corrected.

How much time do you spend in Cyrodiil? Judging by your comments, you don't PvP in Cyrodiil much at all. Read the original post. No set should pull from the second floor to the first floor, through a wall and a floor both. Dark Convergence still does this kind of thing quite regularly. That's why so many still run the set; it's seriously broken still.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much time do you spend in Cyrodiil? Judging by your comments, you don't PvP in Cyrodiil much at all. Read the original post. No set should pull from the second floor to the first floor, through a wall and a floor both. Dark Convergence still does this kind of thing quite regularly. That's why so many still run the set; it's seriously broken still.

Honestly I think they use it, that's why they're defending it.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How much time do you spend in Cyrodiil? Judging by your comments, you don't PvP in Cyrodiil much at all.

Oh, that's funny!

In response to the other person, closer. I have used it, But I much prefer vicious death, or rush or some of the other better sets.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 24, 2023 11:53PM
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I think they use it, that's why they're defending it.

I think you're right.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can block it, BUT - I agree its broken, the worst thing about it, is it's lag proof, and if you play PVP then you're lagging like crazy all the time, and you're lucky if 30% of your keypress work. So in a dork convergence especially in a big supper laggy fight, it's a guaranteed win for the person running it, and you're left screaming at the computer.

its really not lag proof lol. in lag it takes ages to even trigger
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be satisfied if they'd remove just ***one*** effect from the set. Stun, pull, snare, or explosion. What other set, skill, potion or anything else exists in this game that has ALL of those effects? It's ridiculous. Personally I'd prefer removing the pull, but honestly take out any one of those and it'd feel fairer.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

So which one is it? Since this set has been released, this is all I see "it's easy, roll out or block". The set is still getting complaints, and you still keep saying it's easy. All I see in majority of recaps is dark Convergence. Stop defending an overused carry set.

The set was literally designed to "punish people who stack" devs own words, so be mindful when youre zerging to not stack so you arent a good target/stack to bomb.

And yes, just block & brace while walking out of the aoe.Its that simple, but if you have low stats already, you probably will die but thats pvp we all die, re-spawn to fight another day. All classes besides sorc have access to a burst heal, so if youre playing any other class block cast your burst heal.

It's really not a set problem, its a learn to play problem - especially when most people "just dodge roll" turning themselves into rolling VD/Plaguebreak grenades.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »

The set was literally designed to "punish people who stack" devs own words, so be mindful when youre zerging to not stack so you arent a good target/stack to bomb.

And yes, just block & brace while walking out of the aoe.Its that simple, but if you have low stats already, you probably will die but thats pvp we all die, re-spawn to fight another day. All classes besides sorc have access to a burst heal, so if youre playing any other class block cast your burst heal.

It's really not a set problem, its a learn to play problem - especially when most people "just dodge roll" turning themselves into rolling VD/Plaguebreak grenades.

Just admit you're being carried by the set. The block and walk doesn't work, the burst heal doesn't work, especially when you have massive lag from carried bombers creating so much lag. The set allows you to hit two buttons as you jump into even small groups spread out, then you can go nap while your buddy drops colossus.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

Just admit you're being carried by the set. The block and walk doesn't work, the burst heal doesn't work, especially when you have massive lag from carried bombers creating so much lag. The set allows you to hit two buttons as you jump into even small groups spread out, then you can go nap while your buddy drops colossus.

[snip] stack with zergs to get bombed, also zergs create lag so bombers do the server a favor by freeing up stacks of players at a location, and I'm not even joking.

[snip] next time you're playing/zerging be mindful of not stacking - I can promise you you wont get bombed at all or as much.

I'll admit it is a carry set, but working as intended like the devs said "it punishes players who stack" whenever Ive used it I look for the most players in one spot at the same time, and wont even consider bombing if players are spread.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 2, 2023 6:36PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] stack with zergs to get bombed, also zergs create lag so bombers do the server a favor by freeing up stacks of players at a location, and I'm not even joking.

[snip] next time you're playing/zerging be mindful of not stacking - I can promise you you wont get bombed at all or as much.

I'll admit it is a carry set, but working as intended like the devs said "it punishes players who stack" whenever Ive used it I look for the most players in one spot at the same time, and wont even consider bombing if players are spread.

I won't admit, because I literally stay away from big zergs because of the lag...But the bigger cause of lag, which was basically proven after the hardware refresh is your carry ball groups you run with ult dumps on any group of players small or large.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 2, 2023 6:36PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was on a flag last night.

Someone dropped something that pulled me and two other random people in.

I had a deep breath for 5.9k and then dark convergence for 14k and 24k on my death recap somehow...
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

I had a deep breath for 5.9k and then dark convergence for 14k and 24k on my death recap somehow...

Sounds very familiar, that's when it keeps happening to me, at flags with 2-4 people "stacking". Then you have people blaming another set, yet DC is ALWAYS on there...
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a buggy mess. As op has stated it pulls you through floors and walls. On top of that it is used by nearly all ball groups which creates a tremendous amount of lag. Blocking and walking is simply not viable as the reaction speed of the game to commands is just too slow - believe me, I've tried more times then I can possibly count. If it is proc'ed and I'm even in the general vicinity I'm dead, on top of which the death numbers never seem to add up, with 34k full health it's an insta death for me even if my recap reads 23 or 24k. It needs to be fixed for sure. Whether it should be nerfed is open to debate.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds very familiar, that's when it keeps happening to me, at flags with 2-4 people "stacking". Then you have people blaming another set, yet DC is ALWAYS on there...

Once again, why do people stack on flags still? Haven't you learned anything from MYM? Since my first MYM, if I'm with other players I'll stand far off to the sides making sure I wont get pulled or proxy bombed, and the flag will still flip where I'm standing.

Even when repping doors, if many players are stacked repping I'll exit the door and repair from the outside.

Finally, I run CMX and log most of my fights & NEVER have I seen DC do 10-24k damage since it has been adjusted multiple times maybe on release but never now, the sets that show those damage numbers are plague-break and Vicious death & the occasional rush of agony proc the might be close to 10k.

Just be mindful of stacking, I can promise you'll be bombed far less or not at all.
    Edited by BlakMarket on February 2, 2023 11:44PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, why do people stack on flags still? Haven't you learned anything from MYM? Since my first MYM, if I'm with other players I'll stand far off to the sides making sure I wont get pulled or proxy bombed, and the flag will still flip where I'm standing.

Even when repping doors, if many players are stacked repping I'll exit the door and repair from the outside.

Finally, I run CMX and log most of my fights & NEVER have I seen DC do 10-24k damage since it has been adjusted multiple times maybe on release but never now, the sets that show those damage numbers are plague-break and Vicious death & the occasional rush of agony proc the might be close to 10k.

Just be mindful of stacking, I can promise you'll be bombed far less or not at all.

You're really taking this personal, huh? You really think 2-5 people spread a decent distance on a flag is stacking? :lol:
    "zomg, a couple solo players, let's ult dump them with DC!"
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass pulls are obnoxious. I don't care about the balance discussion on them anymore. It's just annoying either way. But nothing will happen here. Same as the last hundred threads about DC and Rush of Agony, and issues with break free from trying to break free through 2 pulls and a stun causing break free to not work, ergo not be able to block, blah blah blah

I've used it. I've coordinated with Rush of Agony on another player, and synergies. It's funny, but I wouldn't say fun
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

You're really taking this personal, huh? You really think 2-5 people spread a decent distance on a flag is stacking? :lol:

I dont think in the history of bombing, a bomber has looked at a flag with 2-5 players outside of the range of their pull or soul tether etc & said yeah lets waste ult and kill 1-2 people, unless they wanted the rss themselves but again they would prob bait them to stack properly then bomb.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mass pulls are obnoxious. I don't care about the balance discussion on them anymore. It's just annoying either way. But nothing will happen here. Same as the last hundred threads about DC and Rush of Agony, and issues with break free from trying to break free through 2 pulls and a stun causing break free to not work, ergo not be able to block, blah blah blah

I've used it. I've coordinated with Rush of Agony on another player, and synergies. It's funny, but I wouldn't say fun

I 100% agree, but sometimes in Cyrodil your faction is 1-2 bars and another faction is pop locked & the only fight you'll get will be a full zerg - at least they can have fun zerging and people can have fun bombing.

Edited by BlakMarket on February 3, 2023 7:01AM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think in the history of bombing, a bomber has looked at a flag with 2-5 players outside of the range of their pull or soul tether etc & said yeah lets waste ult and kill 1-2 people, unless they wanted the rss themselves but again they would prob bait them to stack properly then bomb.

Except that is exactly how it is with ball groups and bombers nowadays, lol.