The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't find friend

Trentlee89ub17_ESO
Trentlee89ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
My friend and I purchased the game in steam yesterday. My character screen looks different than his and my in game UI looks different as well. We get to the same spots in the world and can't see one a other. Same region NA. I did link with my steam and ESO account and had previously bought the Imperial edition back in 2014. My old characters were there still as well
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of you might be in accessibility mode or using a controller. There’s also different instances. You have to teleport to them to ensure you’ll be in the same instance.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Trentlee89ub17_ESO
    Trentlee89ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    We weren't able to even search for one another. Neither of us use controllers. Def feel like I may have just clicked the accessibility option cause my UI looked different like the Inventory access and all. Mine was on the side his was up top
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We weren't able to even search for one another. Neither of us use controllers. Def feel like I may have just clicked the accessibility option cause my UI looked different like the Inventory access and all. Mine was on the side his was up top

Yeah that sounds like you accidentally turned on accessibility mode. You could try /w typeoutusername or have one person stand at a wayshrine and the other teleport to it repeatedly to see if you get in the same instance. Or if you’re struggling by the time you’re both level 10 (and happen to be in the same alliance) you can use Cyrodiil which is one instance per campaign.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore