The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New Mist Form Bug (Maybe?) Patch v8.3.0

Nebula_DooM
Nebula_DooM
✭✭✭
Not entirely sure how I managed to do this, but I broke mist form lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wDoJ6cQmr7o

Essentially what happens is that the telegraph appears but I do not get transported to the spot. What also seems to happen is that it disables the ability to jump as well. I can't really showcase that so if you see me standing still in the video that is me trying to press the space bar to jump!!!

Will update post when and if I figure out how this happens so Zenimax can work on a fix!

Also before I troll anyone quick disclaimer, that is my discord messages in the background lol
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add, to fix the disabled jump, just have to roll dodge in case anyone gets it during pts!
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you can also light attack to fix the disabled jump, I had that happen to me when I was using elusive mist, but it doesn't happen when I'm using blood mist.
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a bug, but not for all players. It were discussed in this thread
    axi wrote: »
    Yes it passes over pits like streak does. It have some wierd rules to use it though. For example if You just cast it You need to cast it second time to get teleport but if You cast something else before it You get teleport instantly and You can repeat that procces but only if You will click mist form instantly after other ability so for an actuall mist form teleport You need 2 global cooldowns.
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    Seems not all players have this bug, or we do something different. At video below auto ground targeting is on and i just spam Mist form button till magicka ends.
    Edited by XomRhoK on February 1, 2023 8:53AM
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill for the chosen ones. If you have not watched all the series of series about vampires and their films, then you will not be able to achieve an achievement in which the skill works properly. The more you look at movies and TV shows about vampires, the fewer bugs. So in front.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was rushed and is poorly designed. It need to be aimed up in the air to work.
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see this work on live Greyhost primetime.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, just confirming we've passed this information along to the team for them to investigate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, just confirming we've passed this information along to the team for them to investigate.
    Here's hoping the animation can be improved too, was hoping for a dash-like spell close to what we've seen from NPC's or in the cinematics, you know, bats. :P
    Edited by Shagreth on February 1, 2023 10:28PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Here's hoping the animation can be improved too, was hoping for a dash-like spell close to what we've seen from NPC's or in the cinematics, you know, bats. :P

I like the animations in V Rising. There is a move that is so cool looking. 10:35 it won't let me start at that time stamp.

https://youtu.be/u7RiiUbmp_0?t=638
    Edited by Red_Feather on February 1, 2023 11:08PM
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    What I found was with Blood Mist at least, server-side the game thinks that you did successfully teleport to your location of choice until you move your character, at which point your location will update. If you attempt to teleport towards a melee enemy with Blood Mist with this bug, you'll stay in place but you'll aggro the enemy, you'll start doing AoE damage to them as though you were right next to them, and they'll be attacking you as though you were right next to them as well, with melee attacks connecting from as far as 15m away. As soon as you move your character however, the game will update your position and the enemy will immediately give chase.

A similar thing may possibly be happening with the other morph as well, but Blood Mist illustrates the bug better.

I wonder if this has to do with your latency? I get pretty atrocious ping from down under (240+), so maybe higher lag is what's causing the bug to manifest for some. The OP is sitting at 260 in the video, as well.
    Edited by Spectral_Force on February 2, 2023 1:19AM
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »

Blood Mist should surround you in Bats instead of the red shadow effect.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to follow up, we identified what was causing this issue and it will be fixed in a future PTS patch. Thanks again, everyone!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post