Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you could change some existing houses, what you do?

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
I came across the lynchal great manor and i actually loved the size and look of the main house. If this house would be in a good looking town, this would be the perfect house for me.

If you could change or add some things to the existing houses. What would you do to create the perfect house for you?
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a repair function so that many of the ones falling apart can look new? For all the gold/crowns Housers are spending we should be able to fix broken masonry w/o blocking it off.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Daggerfall Outlook needs a better location that can be seen from Daggerfall city and has a wayshrine nearby.
  • Nissowolf
    Nissowolf
    ✭✭✭
    I would change the entrance of the Pantherfang chapel from the basement to the main gate.
    Joueur PVE HL 1000 cp+

Nightblade Stam
    Dragonknight tank
    Templar heal

Rôliste dans la communauté Brumes
    Ancien administrateur du Discord TesoFR
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Move or remove invisible walls that prematurely block characters from reaching the roof (interior and in at least one instance, exterior) of many early houses, needlessly limiting options to expand and customize. Related to this, I would move the invisible walls around my beloved Gornir Estate just a bit so that I could utilize the whole cliff/ledge area, especially in the back.

2) I would fix houses that have discrepancies between how they look from without and within (moving/disappearing windows, changing proportions/layouts, etc.)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Add a repair function so that many of the ones falling apart can look new? For all the gold/crowns Housers are spending we should be able to fix broken masonry w/o blocking it off.

I could sure use a hammer to nail down the boards on the porch in Sleek Creek. Someone is going to trip and tumble off the deck costing me a fortune when they sue.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »

Yes, my character apparently can go toe to toe with gods, but is incapable of learning a basic cleaning spell. And its not like animations for repair don't exist since you can repair in Cyrodill.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    Clean the walls of many - Lucky Cat kitchen was so bad I covered the walls with planks and carpets.

Tone down the shine effects of some floors and walls. They reflect too much light without actually brightening the room.

Whilst I would like more windows in some homes to allow more light, the super large windows in Psijiic are too much and affect the look of the decor in the rooms.

Hammerdeath has a nice area outside the house but you can’t use it and Cliffshade needs a garden.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Change the skybox of Grand psijic villa to get a regular Summerset sky
    - Change the weather of Serinity falls estate and Xanmeer

This could happen thanks to a device with toggle like Akatosh hourglass

- Replace the broken tiles of certain floors and buildings
    - Remove / hide / change the view outside some estates for fantasy/RP/fanfiction purpose (if I like to imagine the house is somewhere else and not the default map position)

More complex to fix. But being able to edit the core elements of the houses would be the next level of housing awesomeness of course.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitziboo wrote: »

Hammerdeath has a nice area outside the house but you can’t use it and Cliffshade needs a garden.

Yes about Hammerdeath Bungalow, it would be awesome if the house included the outside area (it already looks like part of the house anyway, so it's mindboggling why they didn't include it in the design). Also, Mathiisen Manor's front yard is a bit narrow imo, and the reason why I haven't gotten this house either, it would be nice if it was wider.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nissowolf wrote: »
    I would change the entrance of the Pantherfang chapel from the basement to the main gate.

The main gate is sadly totally useless, but if you move the entrance to it what would become of that really cool river entrance?

I'd like the top of the stairs to be on the grounds somewhere instead of inside the chapel, or inside the castle and add catacombs to the chapel for its stairs.
    Edited by Holycannoli on December 30, 2022 2:44PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seaveil spire:
    Touch up the resolution and polygons for the buildings in the above ground area. I enjoyed building up and around the top side to make it a nice little crafting area, and its a shame the buildings up there are so... muddy and soft looking?

Below ground close up the mismatched hallway so their isn't a gap... and uh that mostly it. its pretty much a perfect play space otherwise.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would remove as many of the loading screen doorways as possible from all the houses that have a lot of these. This is a real deal breaker for me.
    PCNA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Kitziboo wrote: »

Yes about Hammerdeath Bungalow, it would be awesome if the house included the outside area (it already looks like part of the house anyway, so it's mindboggling why they didn't include it in the design). Also, Mathiisen Manor's front yard is a bit narrow imo, and the reason why I haven't gotten this house either, it would be nice if it was wider.

I wish that I could replace the whole house as light going through walls is a really problem and I’d rather turn it into a grove of cherry trees with a gazebo or custom structure! I really need an open plot on Auridon or Summerset. :heart:
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to be able to access the outdoor area just outside the mouth of Earthtear Cavern and turn it into a garden.

Also the snow globe home would be my fantasy house if it were:

(a) not in a snow globe but in a location similar to the original, on a peninsula with a sea view; and

(b) had transparent windows (although transparent windows would be nice in almost every home).
    Edited by Northwold on January 1, 2023 1:42PM
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would make a lot of them significantly smaller and put more of them near/inside actual cities. Some more specific changes though:
    • Make Pantherfang Chapel mostly chapel. I hate that it's actually more of a fort and that there aren't more rooms in the chapel. Even in the Gold Coast there are chapels with more rooms inside. This was probably one of the houses I was most disappointed with and I ended up not buying it despite my initial excitement.
    • Change the layout of Ossa Accentium's outdoor area. I hate all the big stairs and uneven ground. I also like when houses have a tower, but it's tower is useless and there's not actually any room to do anything with it. I also passed on this house despite loving Fargrave and really wanting my character to have a home there just because of these two things.
    • Swap the basement of Daggerfall Overlook for a different one. There are other copy+pasted versions of this home throughout the world that have a better basement floor layout. The player home version is a pain to decorate once you get to this area. It'd also be nice if the trap door had some legitimate use. It's possible, but really tricky to make a proper dock area. There is also a window on the top floor of the "main bedroom area" that is not centered and it drives me insane haha I usually cover it up with another wall, but then you can still see the light effect from it T_T I always attempt decorating this house and end up giving up because of these things. Also would be cool if there were some structure furnishings that matched the stone of this place. I usually use the Solitude stuff since it's the closest, but it always looks a little janky since it's not an exact match.
    Edited by fizzylu on January 3, 2023 2:41AM
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Agony spire I would replace the sulfur river that is under the main bridge with a river of lava
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry I meant Agony's Ascent.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the Forgemaster’s Falls longhouse the interior, instead of the other building. Then chandeliers could be installed without the chains being visible poking through the roof, and similar issues with thing pushing through the curved walls.

I checked it out on PTS, and decided not to buy it for this reason.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove the intestines from Tel Valen
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi should have 300/600 slots.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Antiquarian's, remove all the stone plinths from the outside that prevent you from doing much work outdoors, and add more room divisions inside. Make it suitable as a HOUSE. Smooth out the hill up to the waterfall, too.

Sweetwater Cascades, fill in the courtyard in the back, add more natural terrain between the house and the fountains/aquaduct. There's nowhere to put, say, a stable, and hardly any room for trees. Change the awful, claustrophobic foyer out for one with more breathing room. It's disturbing that you come through the door and are faced with a wall when the outside makes such an opulent statement. Fewer rooms on the second floor in favor of larger rooms.

Pantherfang, the ability to change where you enter the house, and tidy up all the weird, misaligned platforms outside. They're very strange to begin with. I'd remove them altogether in favor of more natural slopes and some simple stairs, and have the chapel and fort resting atop nice, clean stone foundations with straight lines.

Bastian Sanguinaris, that entire interior needs to change. The exterior suggests additional floors with windows(!). Instead we have one big cavernous room that's impossible to decorate and a series of very strange, dark, cramped little rooms separated by load doors, that culminate in a footbridge to another little room that is all just so cumbersome to reach, oh and it terminates in a dead end. This "house" has the worst flow and the most disappointment.

I'm sure I could think of more but that's enough for now. 🫠

Edit: oh, and, Stillwaters. Remove that pointless walk through the dwemer tunnel. That alone makes this house a non-starter. The outdoor space needs more solid/snowy ground as well. And I just hate how blue the ice is.
    Edited by SickleCider on January 5, 2023 5:42PM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    A demolishing tool so we can remove any building/shrine/structure entirely.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭

Bastian Sanguinaris, that entire interior needs to change. The exterior suggests additional floors with windows(!). Instead we have one big cavernous room that's impossible to decorate and a series of very strange, dark, cramped little rooms separated by load doors, that culminate in a footbridge to another little room that is all just so cumbersome to reach, oh and it terminates in a dead end. This "house" has the worst flow and the most disappointment.

You're 100% right.
    Most houses have bad flow, but this one is the worst.

I got so hyped imagining all the bedrooms from the number of windows outside.

I walked in... and :/ It's one big studio with a bedroom that only vampires can bat-shapeshift into... unless players pretend there are staircases somewhere???

Many of ESO's homes suffer from windows players can see on the outside, but they are blocked off from access on the inside. That's why I prefer to build my own homes. No weird inaccessible areas/windows.
    Edited by Ruj on January 5, 2023 10:18PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i would make psijic villa have all the rooms it supposedly has according to all the windows on the outside and the doorless doorways on the inside.

and i really want to be able to stand on the basins in sweetwater cascades, you can build over them but at a certain height you die. why not have the invisible walls of the house just go super far down and follow the edges of the basins.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    I'd increase the furniture cap, fix the chandelier chain clipping through the second floor, improve lighting in dark houses. A furniture bag, similar to a craft bag would be a great help to store the tons of furniture I have.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would change every home.

I would make homes modular so we can purchase the starter portion and then add on sections as we want or can.

I would make it so a mount can be used in larger homes. Especially when there is a large yard.

• Ae'ron
    Ae'ron
    ✭✭✭
    For me, I would start by changing some things about my favorite home in the game : mathiisen manor. I would increase the furnishing cap from 300/600 to at least 350/700. Next (in my dreams), I'd add maybe a hidden underground ruin area accessible through a hidden door in the cliffsides in the rear near the reflecting pool. Oh and make the walls accessible. I would love to stick some ballistae up on there and walk along them. Set some guard patrols, etc.

(Not gonna lie, i've built an entire world/series based off of this manor and the story of the town lol)

Ideally, I would LOVE for there to be a system in game where we could take control of Mathiisen itself (AD story spoilers) and manage the town itself. Choose which buildings go where, increase its population, build a story around the town, etc. Hell, I'd want to be able to turn it from a *story spoiler* stronghold into a Dominion Embassy town and grow a graht-oak in the heart of it...

Anyways, increase furnishing cap for mathiisen manor, make walls accessible, add an underground ancient elf section, etc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ae'ron wrote: »
    For me, I would start by changing some things about my favorite home in the game : mathiisen manor. I would increase the furnishing cap from 300/600 to at least 350/700. Next (in my dreams), I'd add maybe a hidden underground ruin area accessible through a hidden door in the cliffsides in the rear near the reflecting pool. Oh and make the walls accessible. I would love to stick some ballistae up on there and walk along them. Set some guard patrols, etc.

(Not gonna lie, i've built an entire world/series based off of this manor and the story of the town lol)

Ideally, I would LOVE for there to be a system in game where we could take control of Mathiisen itself (AD story spoilers) and manage the town itself. Choose which buildings go where, increase its population, build a story around the town, etc. Hell, I'd want to be able to turn it from a *story spoiler* stronghold into a Dominion Embassy town and grow a graht-oak in the heart of it...

Anyways, increase furnishing cap for mathiisen manor, make walls accessible, add an underground ancient elf section, etc.

Have you posted screenshots of your build in another thread? I’d love to see! I bought it because I loved the ambiance around it, but haven’t had ideas for the manor itself since finding light shows so much through the walls there.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Change the place you enter the house (there should be a few options for that in the house settings)

2) Remove instanced little rooms where possible, to connect them with the whole house
    - actually the indoor area is a separate instance set underground, probably to avoid weather effects inside. So, I don't understand why there are little instanced rooms (loading screens) in the indoor area. Those can be connected with normal doors.

3) Adjust the overall brightness in a house interior. Some houses are too dark, no matter how many candles or sconces you use. Others are quite bright. I would also like to adjust the intensity of the light coming through the windows.
    - add a light master switch indoor/outdoor

4) move some of the invisible walls a bit further, so places like battlements or towers can be accessible. This is annoying on certain houses that have walls or towers. Linchal Manor has most of its walls protected by invisible walls.

5) add a wayshrine in the house or make it free to teleport from the house outside (many people complain that certain houses are far from wayshrines)

6) I would like a way to raise/lower the water level. This could dramatically change some houses.

I know this is more like a feature request list, but I can't be very specific for a certain house. I don't think altering houses besides moving invisible walls and fixing bugs, is a good idea, because some people will be bothered by this. What if some people don't like the change?

IMO housing is stale because the devs focus too much on creating very large houses with whales in mind, and less and less time is spent on creating furnishings for players. Also, there is little improvement regarding features for housing. They are more like QoL improvements. There is little players can do in a large house, besides RP and touring once or twice. The recent houses are too big to worth the time. I keep wishing for some player defined teleports, grappling hooks, void anomalies, traps, ladders and such. The devs tried something with the arena house, but nothing followed in that direction. Right now it's just collect pretty and expensive houses that are too large to decorate.

One of the things would really make a difference is a slot count upgrade. Let us increase the slot count by 5-10-20%. Most houses have several instanced areas, so I don't see why there can't be a bit more items at least on one instance. Increasing slots for smaller houses should be easier.

I would also like a modular approach to housing like in Skyrim's Heartfire. Get a large parcel and let the player decide what modules to add, upgrading the house with story quests, zone progress or mats, depending on the house type.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a system that will allow us to move the main building location during purchase. Like, give us 3 map variants to position the main buildings or something to that extent.