The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Support Ticket Mayhem

prettypony
prettypony
✭✭✭
I did something dumb. I recently changed my raffles in my guilds to once a month instead of once a week. I usually send my raffle prizes to an alt account so I do not get them mixed in with my stuff. I have done this for over 6 years, same process. When it was raffle time I would get on that account and return the mails. When I changed to once a month raffles, I went to go get my stuff on that alt account. Well not even thinking about it being a month, the mails were no longer there. I sent the mails on 12.13 and went to go get them on 1.17. The mails where not in the account I sent them to, or in the original account that sent them. I put in a ticket to see if I could get the mails sent to either one of the accounts. I have gotten the worst support ever for a ticket.

Ticket Number 230117-004451

First I was told this, "The maximum amount of time a mail can remain in an inbox is 30 days for regular mail, and 3 days for COD mails. If it was sent to you from another player, it will be returned to the sender, but if it had already been returned from another player, or was from a guild store, it will simply empty and delete itself."

I said to support I had not gotten the items sent back after 30 days. I told them I checked both accounts.

I was then sent this, "We have confirmed that the mail is still sitting in the mailbox of the other mentioned Elder Scrolls Online account. The owner of the account the mail was sent to, is still able to grab it from the mailbox."

I went to go check and still no mails in either account.

Then sent this, "I have confirmed the findings that the alternate account that the mail was sent do does indeed currently have items waiting in their mailbox. However, in order to investigate your issue, I will need more information. If you are missing items, please check your Guild logs to see if you deposited them in your bank by accident."

I checked both accounts again, and still no mails. I sent screen shots of mail, with nothing in it.

Next response back, "Thank you for providing us with this information. As the sent items were not claimed from the mailbox within the 30 day time frame. If the items were not claimed before 30 day time frame they are permanently gone and the contents of the messages cannot be restored."

Now, I am being told the stuff just deletes itself after 30days. I know this is all my fault for not checking the mail in time. However the support for this is what bothers me. Please just take the time to read all the messages before responding. The amount of money I have dumped into this game, just give me a real answer and not some automated message. At least do not tell me conflicting statements. End of rant.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 20, 2023 6:52PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never read the ticket. They always ask for information I had already provided in the original ticket. I wish there was someone with power we could discuss the customer service with. There is no service. There is no resolution.

I somehow spent gems on a style that I already had (at least I'm consistent} and it is bound to me. I questioned them on how I could buy something I already had, they did not answer nor did they refund the gems. They said , oh just destroy it...

This is not customer service.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could post the ticket number here, and perhaps @ZOS_Kevin can check further for you.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long ago when I was still using Windows 7 after a game update the game would crash any time I opened doors to most buildings. I started a support ticket and was lucky enough to get someone that to me put a lot of effort into helping me discover a fix. I finally figured out I could change a few things in a file on my computer and then if I didn't use the launcher that would work. The response I got back was it looks like you are closer to solving this problem than we are.

Shortly after I upgraded my computer for other reasons and didn't have to worry about that problem any longer.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • prettypony
    prettypony
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket Number 230117-004451
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good, hopefully @ZOS_Kevin will be able to help out a bit here.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    prettypony wrote: »
    I was then sent this, "We have confirmed that the mail is still sitting in the mailbox of the other mentioned Elder Scrolls Online account. The owner of the account the mail was sent to, is still able to grab it from the mailbox."
    To me this ZOS response seems like you may have made a typo in the name, and sent the mail to a wrong account. Instead of to your alt account. The 30 day mail remove timer only starts as a player logs in and the mail is received, so it seems like the receiving account isn't being played at the moment.

Personally I have no idea why you would move mails around like that, as it is too easy to make a typo and lose it all. Which I suspect happened in this case.

I hope you do get it resolved, and get the gold back somehow.

PS: ZOS would also respond like this, if the receiver of the mail opened it, and took out all the gold. But that is something only the owner of that account can verify, and due to privacy reasons ZOS would never tell you this. The only thing they would tell you, is if the mail was received by the other person.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @prettypony. We've reached out to customer service to take another look at the ticket. I'll DM if I get any specific info related to this as that should be done privately. But they should be investigating. However, please note that they may come to the same conclusion, as Customer Service has the final say on these matters.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 19, 2023 9:32PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • prettypony
    prettypony
    ✭✭✭
    yay ty!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin is a godsend.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin is a godsend.

They seem to respond to tickets like this. It just takes a short while, as in this case less than an hour.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this discussion. Has lots of information about how elderscrolls customer support works. Good to know.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who remembers the MMO days where you could pick up the phone and call support and get things resolved. Also, remember the days when a game master was in the game and you could reach out them to assist you.

Hate to say it, customer service isn't what it was in the early 2000's.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my fair share of issues with customer service, half the time you feel like you are speaking to a robot, the other half...well it isn't much better. Once in a while you get a very quick, easy and simple solution, but it's not often.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @prettypony

Do you still need any further assistance related to the ticket you've posted?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post