Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle Spirit adjustment

Concrete
Concrete
✭✭✭
I've been seeing a lot of nerf this, 'X' is OP, ball groups blah blah blah.

Just an idea on an adjustment to Battle Spirit, without nerfing anything for PvE land.

When Battle Spirit is active 'Groups take a 5% reduction in group buffs per group member and a 5% increase in de-buffs (group or player) per group member'.

True, it will affect pug groups the most, but it will make fighting pre-mades much more competitive.

Or course the most vociferous against this will be the totally non solo player who only play at certain times, with 11 other like minded people. But, should 12 people be able to run roughshod over everything with impunity?

Normally, I quit playing a game when it gets too easy, surely a bit of challenge to a type of play style can only be good for cyro in the long run.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if that would be easiest, but a scaling modifier of some kind could help curtail ball groups

maybe make the scaling only apply to a group larger than 4 so its not too punishing for small casual groups
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • fleetingyouth_ESO
    fleetingyouth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt that just make premades organize in smaller groups? It's not like what makes a premade difficult is how many players are in a group together. 3 groups of four can play exactly the same as one group of 12
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, with friendly target markers....
  • fleetingyouth_ESO
    fleetingyouth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My point is premades typically are using a voice system like discord to organize and pugs or smaller groups probably are not. Even if just a couple players in a voice chat are organizing others via faction chat you can do a lot.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I remind you that the game is designed for team play, look at all skills and sets that buffs groups or are more efficient in a group or are designed to break up a group.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just limit cross healing within groups. That's all that needs to happen to make ball groups tolerable.

Most ball groups all run a resto staff on their back bar and just stack radiating regen to infinity. I guess maybe ZOS could nerf radiating regen too, but I think making it dependent on how many members are in the group makes more sense.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just limit cross healing within groups. That's all that needs to happen to make ball groups tolerable.

Most ball groups all run a resto staff on their back bar and just stack radiating regen to infinity. I guess maybe ZOS could nerf radiating regen too, but I think making it dependent on how many members are in the group makes more sense.

This is only half true though. What really makes true ball-groups powerful isn't just heal stacking; it's the fact that every single member of the group has a specific function. Every single set bonus is being put to use so that nothing is redundant. Ball groups will have nearly every buff in the game with little to no overlap and almost full uptime. Their heal stacking is efficient, but at the end of the day these groups build together - they aren't just running in on good PvP builds, they're using 100% efficiency and total group synergy. Even a group of 4 players building like this can faceroll 90% of other groups in Cyrodiil.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think of it like this. In a ball group, no one will run an armor ability except for a single warden running expansive cloak. That's now 11 extra flex skills (spread across all the players) that a ball group will have over a PUG of the same size. The same applies to Major Sorc/Brut. That ball group now has 22 extra skills for utility, healing, buffing, or dealing damage that a normal PUG won't have. These are just the skills, once you dive into the specific sets it really starts to show just how far above in terms of raw power that a well-coordinated ballgroup is. Reducing heal stacking would hurt ball groups sure, but PUGs would feel the effects far more.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    During the tests a while back there was a period where we couldn't group, it made zero difference as far as coordination, b/c we were all in the same discord, so we all just ran around together as a group of coordinated solos. If you nerf stuff that is procked by being in a group, why wouldn't ball groups just do the same?