The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are armory slots character specific?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There isn't much to be said about this. It feels exploitative that these slots are character specific and not account wide. Instead of it costing 12k crowns to max out the slots for your account, the equivalent of around $80-$90 USD, it costs that much per character.

I bought the assistant a while back thinking I'd be able to buy several slots to accommodate all of my different builds across multiple characters. After finding out they weren't account wide, I simply have not purchased a slot and the assistant has been used maybe a handful of times.

I'd love an explanation of why the system is designed in this way, that proves it wasn't just greed.
Edited by React on January 16, 2023 8:11PM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's pretty greedy. No reason to lock these things per character. Probably costs them sales to have it in this state. I know that's why I tend not to spend on things like these. Can't say I have any confidence in this being changed but it would go a long way towards gaining back the goodwill they are hemorrhaging.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've answered your own question: it's more expensive and therefore (assumed to be) more profitable this way.

I'm not sure if any consideration was made for players like you who would have bought more slots if they were account wide, but if so presumably ZOS thought it would be worth the loss to get more from people who will buy them no matter what.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they are on sale, i came close to buying one today for my main to use as a template slot. However, reason won out and I'll still not buy them. If it opened a slot on all characters I would have bought several even when not on sale. This type of crown monetization is what turns me off on ESO in general.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 100% agree