The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please add. Barber to the game.

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Something that could let us paint our hair for gold.
Make it x gold each color change.
You can than sell hair colors not available in create a character for crowns.
You can add eye color changer also. Its magic just like the floating hip flaps , shoulders and weapons we have.

Plz would be awesome
Edited by francesinhalover on December 31, 2022 3:33AM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately that is likely to never happen because Zeni needs to make their 1000 crowns every time we want to change our hair colour. That's not meant to be an attack on Zeni, it's just the reality of f2p. And that's not to say I don't think changing hair colour shouldn't be something we could change for gold...

What I think they should do, however is add a barber shop that lets you preview changes and then charge you 1000 crowns. Or charge you, say 50 crowns per slider/option changed. This is how SWTOR has their barber set up. This way Zeni gets their money and can see what our characters look like and if we really want those changes or not. And we don't have to waste crowns buying a change token if we don't.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sell hair style packs so why not a hair color pack? I'm sure a lot of players would buy one.
    PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crown store already provides this, and that is unlikely to change for obvious reasons.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't sell just a hair color pack.
    PCNA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately that is likely to never happen because Zeni needs to make their 1000 crowns every time we want to change our hair colour. That's not meant to be an attack on Zeni, it's just the reality of f2p. And that's not to say I don't think changing hair colour shouldn't be something we could change for gold...

What I think they should do, however is add a barber shop that lets you preview changes and then charge you 1000 crowns. Or charge you, say 50 crowns per slider/option changed. This is how SWTOR has their barber set up. This way Zeni gets their money and can see what our characters look like and if we really want those changes or not. And we don't have to waste crowns buying a change token if we don't.

If that's the case why do they sell a hair style pack that lets you pay once and then swap freely between all the different base styles (including ones not available to your race in the character creator) whenever you want? Surely if it was just the nature of the game they wouldn't be able to offer that either? Same with accessories and head and body markings. The fact that there isn't an equivalent hair colour pack seems more like an oversight at this point.

Also this is not a free-to-play game. Outside of the rare free trial weekends no one can play it without buying it, or someone else buying it for them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that could let us paint our hair for gold.
    Make it x gold each color change.

Never gonna happen. Crowns or go home. :neutral:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Need black hair dye, so I can finally make a High Elf >:)
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shihp00 wrote: »
    Need black hair dye, so I can finally make a High Elf >:)

And a Khajiit with Raz-red!
    PS4 EU
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If that's the case why do they sell a hair style packs

Also this is not a free-to-play game.

Hairstyle packs are not the same as changing your hair colour or other options.

It is f2p in the sense that after buying it you don't have to pay a subscription, making it free to play. Or buy to play as Anet markets GW2.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    The crown store already provides this, and that is unlikely to change for obvious reasons.

Really? I've been looking for that since release, I'm pretty sure the crown store doesn't sell dye packs for hair. At least not on PC EU, as discussed here recently: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622588/about-changing-classes-and-dying-hair

But as soon as I login in the game I'm going to search for it on crown store again. But if they are selling it now, it's pretty new!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

Really? I've been looking for that since release, I'm pretty sure the crown store doesn't sell dye packs for hair.

I don't see any... If they do, they have it well hidden. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? I've been looking for that since release, I'm pretty sure the crown store doesn't sell dye packs for hair. At least not on PC EU, as discussed here recently: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622588/about-changing-classes-and-dying-hair

But as soon as I login in the game I'm going to search for it on crown store again. But if they are selling it now, it's pretty new!

The Crown Store does not provide hair color changes. The only way to change hair color is to do a complete character customization.
    PCNA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Crown Store does not provide hair color changes. The only way to change hair color is to do a complete character customization.

Yeah! That's what I see too. But that's for reshaping the character, it's not meant to be a dyeing hair service.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it were an attack, it would be arguably justified as it is a price point that is too high to start with for something so simple, and deliberately set at an amount requiring you to buy more crowns than you need.

Hi ZOS I love you, don't put me in the Rawl'kha stocks with Finedrin over this, just a friendly critique
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah! That's what I see too. But that's for reshaping the character, it's not meant to be a dyeing hair service.

I agree. They already sell hairstyles in a pack that we can change as often as we want, so why not make a pack of hair colors? I'm sure they would sell very well.
    PCNA
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. They already sell hairstyles in a pack that we can change as often as we want, so why not make a pack of hair colors? I'm sure they would sell very well.

Yes, I just purchased the hairstyles recently for more customization options if I ever feel like changing up my character's hairstyle. I'm not sure if I'd ever want to change her hair color, but I'd probably buy a hair dye pack if that was the only option just to get the feature to do it if I ever did change my mind. I'd really love an eye color pack though for sure.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If that's the case why do they sell a hair style packs

Also this is not a free-to-play game.

Hairstyle packs are not the same as changing your hair colour or other options.

It is f2p in the sense that after buying it you don't have to pay a subscription, making it free to play. Or buy to play as Anet markets GW2.

That's not what free to play is. Free to play are games like Fortnite, Overwatch, Apex Legends. Those games are free 100% and all content they drop save for skins are free too unlike ESO which is a buy up front game, optional subscription and paid dlc.
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »

Yes, I just purchased the hairstyles recently for more customization options if I ever feel like changing up my character's hairstyle. I'm not sure if I'd ever want to change her hair color, but I'd probably buy a hair dye pack if that was the only option just to get the feature to do it if I ever did change my mind. I'd really love an eye color pack though for sure.

I made the mistake of buying the hairstyle pack on the PTS once because, why not, it's free. I used it a lot and found I missed it when I went back to the actual game, so I ended up buying it for real. It might sound silly but I'll do things like tie my characters hair back when they go into a delve, or put it in a fancy style for meeting royalty during a quest. I like that it allows you to switch between them whenever and wherever, in other games where it's more like a permanent change (or until you visit the barber and pay again) I tend to pick a style I think looks good on the character and then leave it forever.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I would love to give me kajiit blue spiky anime hair.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want this so, so much. I will not do a full character customization for changing my hair color. Not only is that ridiculous but it is so inconvenient because I can't do it in the game world.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.