The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

U37 any information ? ;)

SPR_of_HA_community
SPR_of_HA_community
✭✭✭✭
U36 do not look like some thing game breaking.

After U35, current update do not look like it change a lot.

So it is more interesting to know about some next big changes.

Any information about it ?

Or when we need to wait some news about it ?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First info always comes end of Jan i believe.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    U36 hasn't officially launched yet. So we are focusing on that right now. But we'll update when we have our first PTS and livestream for U37 on any news regarding the update.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    U36 hasn't officially launched yet. So we are focusing on that right now. But we'll update when we have our first PTS and livestream for U37 on any news regarding the update.

Thank you for responding. I understand the focus for U36 was bug fixes, but I think many of us expected something to be addressed about the larger changes in U35. Hopefully you're continuing to gather data based on those changes.

Personally, I'd like to see a completion to the hybrid changes brought in U33-U34. It feels unfinished.

Please look at addressing how Weapon/Spell Damage and Weapon/Spell Crit Chance stats are handled. Jewelry enchantments, Major/Minor Buffs, Mundus Stones, Potions and Poisons are left unchanged. Some classes and setups have transitioned easily because they have those buffs built into skills, while others that relied on potions are left behind. The classes aren't bringing anything unique to the table anymore.

Look forward to news on U37 and hope to see those points addressed.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice write up @MashmalloMan, hopefully @ZOS_Kevin sees your insightful points!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS tends to not mention anything about the content coming the next year until December 31st or the first week of January.

It maybe has something to do with fiscal years, or NDA conditions, or some other legal/administrative shenanigans
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    ZOS tends to not mention anything about the content coming the next year until December 31st or the first week of January.

It maybe has something to do with fiscal years, or NDA conditions, or some other legal/administrative shenanigans

TY. Too long to wait (
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schedule is the same every year. In january they will make big annoumcment and stream about whole year long story and they will also say that PTS for 1st update in new year will happen within a week from announcment day. Then after around 5 weeks from PTS release update 37 will launch so it will happen somwhere betwenn half of february and march.
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not really need info about story ;)

Just new sets and combat changes ;)

They can make story in january but tell us about combat changes more early as example )
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not really need info about story ;)

Just new sets and combat changes ;)

They can make story in january but tell us about combat changes more early as example )

They usually give small hints somwhere around end of the year but nothing more than mentioning like 1-2 abilities changes and general idea of where they want to go with the patch. We wont get any usefull and solid details until january.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any additional information but my expectation are low and I fear they will nerf Sorcs even more while buffing nightblades even more.

Probably something like removeing the Proc of Crystal Fragments, because its a ranged spammable and shouldnt be able to do so much damage.

Maybe fixing the "overtuned" daedric prey, because 45% extra damage for already nerft pets is just to much!

And while we are already into balancing, why not make one of the least used skills like daedric mines even more useless. Maybe removeing the stun from Rune Prison this time?

Also Sorc has to many buffs in its toolkit (12), while nightblade only has slightly more than twice the amount (25). Probably a good balance would be 1/3 to 1 so lets remove 4 buffs like major sorcery from surge, it just does to much!

Btw. its unfair that a nightblade just cant recloak after he got uncloaked by detection pots or mages light, this should be fixed asap!
    Edited by KilianDermoth on November 15, 2022 12:02PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Schedule is the same every year. In january they will make big annoumcment and stream about whole year long story and they will also say that PTS for 1st update in new year will happen within a week from announcment day. Then after around 5 weeks from PTS release update 37 will launch so it will happen somwhere betwenn half of february and march.

For the first time, I am finding myself wishing they would skip the quarterly updates and just do one update per year. This will relieve stress on the players by eliminating the points in time where they mess with combat. Updates to this game are becoming mainly negative events, so one massively negative event in the summer would probably be for the best.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    For the first time, I am finding myself wishing they would skip the quarterly updates and just do one update per year. This will relieve stress on the players by eliminating the points in time where they mess with combat. Updates to this game are becoming mainly negative events, so one massively negative event in the summer would probably be for the best.

Playing the same update for a year sounds terrible. I'm already bored with U35/U36 and want new combat changes.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 15, 2022 1:56PM
    PC NA
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any additional information but my expectation are low and I fear they will nerf Sorcs even more while buffing nightblades even more.

Probably something like removeing the Proc of Crystal Fragments, because its a ranged spammable and shouldnt be able to do so much damage.

Maybe fixing the "overtuned" daedric prey, because 45% extra damage for already nerft pets is just to much!

And while we are already into balancing, why not make one of the least used skills like daedric mines even more useless. Maybe removeing the stun from Rune Prison this time?

Also Sorc has to many buffs in its toolkit (12), while nightblade only has slightly more than twice the amount (25). Probably a good balance would be 1/3 to 1 so lets remove 4 buffs like major sorcery from surge, it just does to much!

Btw. its unfair that a nightblade just cant recloak after he got uncloaked by detection pots or mages light, this should be fixed asap!

Sorcerer mines are not an honest skill that kills in just a second. Five mines, rune magician and Gorpoon and you're dead. This is the same as a reciprocal Dk heavy attack. And by the way, sorcerer mines do quite a lot of damage, but not every sorcerer used them before the patch. They are now, what then, they are very strong, just then there was abuse. Can you just make some kind of death ray?? So you just kill players with your eyes? I'm not against the update, but I'm against these abuses of skills. Even corny those who ran through 3 mines immediately lost half their lives. And this is honest to you?
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overload + LA + delayed skill + spammable.

15+k damage per such hit with out even too much thinking and infinite resources the same time.

I do not know why sorcs are not happy, I do not see any real nerfs to them ever.

No strick nerf, no negate skill nerf, no unique skills deleted - all looks fine.

NB get overperformingly good invisiability.

But it is not about sorcs, because when skills do not press, block do not work and HA of lightning staffs randomly can stop working untill game restart - it looks like - at least some bug fix would be good.

Whyle all current combat system looks realy bad for me.

I was OK with old class passives, old CP system and no changes in it and old skills including class unique skills - that for some classes (dk as example) were deleted ! (moltan armaments) or reworked to some thing like new jabs (wings and poop fist).

And how old sets work with no - "PVE only option and activates only in combat" part.

They change game already so many times that lose any players trust and no real reason to do in game anything.

Because they just wipe players time and all they do in patch before with each new update.

If they as example nerf Plague Breake - at least give players money back, spend on gold jevelery and gold sets !

If players just get what they lose with tons of nerfs - players would become in game billioners )

And it is real players time spend on it- you disrespect players with MMO and changes like that, players not respect such developers in responce.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 15, 2022 3:35PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The night blade argument is beaten to death at this point.. there will never and I do mean never be a balanced night blade set up for both pvp and pve. Stealth is useless in pve so if the class needs a buff in pve its going to get a buff to burst damage.... Because that's the whole premise of the class... It's stealth and burst damage... Which unbalances pvp.

It's either solid in pvp and dirt in pve or it's broken in pvp and solid in pve. That's it. No middle ground.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on November 15, 2022 6:51PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing which is certain in U37 are NB buffs.

Everything else revolves around it
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on November 15, 2022 9:27PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh no. The class has seesawed all over the place the last couple years. Elswyer was literal pages of night blade nerfs. They were objectively garbage in pve. Literally every single skill nerfed. They were fine in pvp for u34 but dirt for pve, breaking 100k was really really hard while sorcs we're smashing 120k with ease. Now they are on par in pve and op in pvp again. This update saw some of the first viable buffs to the class in a long time.

People need to stop acting like they have and always will be the magically best class that gets endlessly buffed forever. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 27, 2022 1:18PM
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least NB has Hamahameha )))

https://youtu.be/wsFh2l25KOk
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Melzo wrote: »

Sorcerer mines are not an honest skill that kills in just a second. Five mines, rune magician and Gorpoon and you're dead. This is the same as a reciprocal Dk heavy attack. And by the way, sorcerer mines do quite a lot of damage, but not every sorcerer used them before the patch. They are now, what then, they are very strong, just then there was abuse. Can you just make some kind of death ray?? So you just kill players with your eyes? I'm not against the update, but I'm against these abuses of skills. Even corny those who ran through 3 mines immediately lost half their lives. And this is honest to you?

Yeah, why walk around them when you can charge right into them... likely a comedic argument you brought up.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭

15+k damage per such hit with out even too much thinking and infinite resources the same time.

I do not know why sorcs are not happy, I do not see any real nerfs to them ever.

No strick nerf, no negate skill nerf, no unique skills deleted - all looks fine.

But it is not about sorcs, because when skills do not press, block do not work and HA of lightning staffs randomly can stop working untill game restart - it looks like - at least some bug fix would be good.

I was OK with old class passives, old CP system and no changes in it and old skills including class unique skills - that for some classes (dk as example) were deleted ! (moltan armaments) or reworked to some thing like new jabs (wings and poop fist).

And how old sets work with no - "PVE only option and activates only in combat" part.

They change game already so many times that lose any players trust and no real reason to do in game anything.

Because they just wipe players time and all they do in patch before with each new update.

If they as example nerf Plague Breake - at least give players money back, spend on gold jevelery and gold sets !

If players just get what they lose with tons of nerfs - players would become in game billioners )

And it is real players time spend on it- you disrespect players with MMO and changes like that, players not respect such developers in responce.

Can't see where those infinite resources should come from. Those 15k combos are possible if the skills crit and your target refuses to block/dodge (not to mention you can do 10k more plus scaling exe on other classes).
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't see where those infinite resources should come from. Those 15k combos are possible if the skills crit and your target refuses to block/dodge (not to mention you can do 10k more plus scaling exe on other classes).

Overload returns a lot of resources on use.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, why walk around them when you can charge right into them... likely a comedic argument you brought up.

A perfectly valid argument. Developers are nerfing mechanics that are too strong. Do you want old mines?? Then let the heavy attack DK be returned or the bonus to damage from the necromancer's ultimate will not be 10 percent but 30. There were quite a few mechanics that broke the balance.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭

Overload returns a lot of resources on use.

It's 1k each per attack - Ult isn't infinite and a fully charged heavy attack returns more than two of those if you choose to run that morph opposed to the more powerful other. Maybe you missed that OL experienced a severe nerf with U35 as of Crystal Weap damage loss, general LA damage and loss of LA buff via BA.

It's true, OL does more dmg than a regular LA but unfortunately other ults do offer way more burst (even the terrible Meteor) and/or better utility.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭

A perfectly valid argument. Developers are nerfing mechanics that are too strong. Do you want old mines?? Then let the heavy attack DK be returned or the bonus to damage from the necromancer's ultimate will not be 10 percent but 30. There were quite a few mechanics that broke the balance.

Nobody wants to bring back a way overtuned mechanic. Mines were useless except if you stacked them vs 24/7 tower huggers and bc of how the are applied/telegraphed you either need to be blind or straight dumb to not avoid them.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh no. The class has seesawed all over the place the last couple years. Elswyer was literal pages of night blade nerfs. They were objectively garbage in pve. Literally every single skill nerfed. They were fine in pvp for u34 but dirt for pve, breaking 100k was really really hard while sorcs we're smashing 120k with ease. Now they are on par in pve and op in pvp again. This update saw some of the first viable buffs to the class in a long time.

People need to stop acting like they have and always will be the magically best class that gets endlessly buffed forever. [snip]

[edited for baiting]

Nb has always been the best pvp class

Difference now is even a week 1 pvp nb can play like a champ.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorcs should really just be bringing the tea and sandwiches in cyrodil, maybe cleaning the cloaks. Why even they let us have buffs, except maybe to use lightning more quickly to heat the kettle.
    Edited by Pelanora on December 28, 2022 8:07PM