The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I crash every 10 minutes

anakaki
anakaki
✭✭✭
Hi, first off I want to say that I'm really enjoying the game so far and that is the only reason why I haven't deleted it in pure frustration. I keep crashing, no matter where I am or what I'm doing and it happens all the time! It has come to a point that It's unplayable. I want to add that I play 5 other mmo's and everything works proper. I only crash while playing ESO.

This is why I'm sure it's a malfunction on your end but will post information on what might be needed.

500mbit down/sec 100mbit/sec up internet COMHEM (Sweden, Stockholm)
3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
OS X 10.9.2
Death Recap for Templars
Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    anakaki wrote: »
    Hi, first off I want to say that I'm really enjoying the game so far and that is the only reason why I haven't deleted it in pure frustration. I keep crashing, no matter where I am or what I'm doing and it happens all the time! It has come to a point that It's unplayable. I want to add that I play 5 other mmo's and everything works proper. I only crash while playing ESO.

This is why I'm sure it's a malfunction on your end but will post information on what might be needed.

500mbit down/sec 100mbit/sec up internet COMHEM (Sweden, Stockholm)
    3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
    OS X 10.9.2
    There are a lot of threads already on this section which explain why this may be happening.

Crashing every 10 minutes outside of PvP (even there) indicates that you have other issues not related to the known Mac memory client.

Can you be more specific. Is this in PVE questing or PvP Cyrodiil? What are you graphics settings? What error messages do you get? Can you copy/paste the summary from the ZOSCrashReporter which gets sent to ZOS at crash. Please use the Spoiler tags (found with Quote in the post editor, at the top)

The Mac client has a known memory issue which is noted in the Known Issues sticky in this section;
    Frequent Mac Client Crashing.

Primarily Caused by the 32 bit Mac client running out of memory.
    Memory usage can be significantly reduced buy turning textures down to medium.
    Or even further by turning the Graphics settings down to medium.
    source

The developers are working on fixes for the issue some of which have been added already and have helped reduce frequency especially in questing. The average time between crashes should be around 2-3-4 hours. If you stay in crowded towns then it may be lower as the number of players around has a big impact which is reflected in the more frequent crashes in PvP big battles.

From latest Patch Notes v.1.0.6
    ZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin
    9:04PM Staff Post

We have a few additions to these patch notes, specifically for the Mac client. We'll be updating the original post with these changes as well.

Mac Client
    General
    Fixed an issue that would cause a gradual memory leak during long play sessions.
    Fixed an issue where using dual monitors and bumping the edge of the second screen could inadvertently switch you to windowed mode.
    Fixed an issue where the keyboard language could be set to non Latin on startup.
    The text could have been written a bit clearer but essentially it means that fixes for leaks are being implemented as they are found and are ongoing.

On the other issues which sound like you have, then better to post and check in the Customer Support thread where it is more appropriate will have a better chance to get some response.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 2, 2014 5:24PM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You forgot the "A" question, @Moonraker. :smiley:

@anakaki, do you use any add-ons, and have you installed their newest versions after 1.0.6 hit? You could also disable them all and try if the client still crashes in the same frequency.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader‌ Yes I do but the problem was before adding addons because I played vanilla until I hit VR 1.

@Moonraker‌ I'll post in the morning. Thanks. Though with a new computer (a month old) that set me back 4000 euro, it feels ridicoulus playing at a lower prestanda than what I paid for. I could then just go play flawlessly on my pc with half the juice?
    Death Recap for Templars
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader‌ Yes I do but the problem was before adding addons because I played vanilla until I hit VR 1.

@Moonraker‌ I'll post in the morning. Thanks. Though with a new computer (a month old) that set me back 4000 euro, it feels ridicoulus playing at a lower prestanda than what I paid for. I could then just go play flawlessly on my pc with half the juice?
    I'm sure you can get just as good a performance generally for a cheaper price via a PC for any gaming TBH. Macs aren't built as gaming computers but as great all round computers that also happen to be able to play games quite acceptably. In the case of this iMac very well and to a similar level as the same card on the same computer via Bootcamp Windows.

I have the same iMac & graphics card and play the game quite happily with native resolution Ultra-High (Shadow Quality set to Medium is only change) with an average 50-60FPS questing, 30-45FPS in a busy town and 60-80FPS in dungeons.

With that settings questing I'll get close to crash every 3+ hours generally. I just reboot the game to avoid the crash. If I travel around a lot and especially in busy towns (player density) probably 2 hours.

I tested PvP but have similar crashes to others around 35-45 minutes in Cyrodiil big battles where I turn Texture Quality down to Medium or Low and other settings also as I prefer performance over visuals there.

These times has increased steadily over time as fixes come out in updates. And expect that trend to continue over time.

For the record on PTS server (closed testing server) I can't even make to the Mac client crash even with totally maxed settings and View Distance 100 after 5-6 hours. In fact it hardly climbs at all. This crash is really related to player density I think.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 3, 2014 2:36AM
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    [reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.0.6.976502
    char.account = xxxxxxxx
    char.alliance = 1
    char.name = xxxxxxx
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = inworld
    client.renderertype = OPENGL
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-05-04T11:05:35.866Z
    client.time_since_load = 382
    client.uptime = 9702.2
    computer.name = xxxxxxxxxx
    computer.user = xxxxx
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4001
    data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/game_m
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.976502
    exe.buildnum = 976502
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address = 198.20.200.195
    globby.port = 24501
    loc.wloc = 209 312797 13329 239339 28.86
    loc.world = Eastmarch
    loc.worldid = 209
    loc.zone = Eastmarch
    login.address = 198.20.200.195
    mem.current = 2895
    mem.peak = 2895
    mem.physical = 32768
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 13C1021
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4001
    realm.name = EU Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3
    Death Recap for Templars
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    [reporter]
    version = 0.01
    [extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.0.6.976502
    ---snip---
    Typical memory crash after approx. three hours in PVE.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It's gone down somehow. Still annoying with crashes obviously.
    Death Recap for Templars