The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Your typical bg match

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
1-People proc in, the bg starts.
2-A few seconds later:
screen12.jpg
1 guy is 6000+ medal score, farmed 25 deaths while everyone else is ~500-1000 points.

It can happen once, it can happen twice, but when it is 2/3 of encounters then one should figure out that somehow something is broken in the gamedesign isn't it?
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • duckdown
    duckdown
    ✭✭✭
    Dude. Itsnno broken game design. Its mmr rating man. It is pro player vs trash player. the pvp in this game really got a big skill gap. Trust me am a vet 4 years BG pvper.
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    This game doesn't have MMR for battlegrounds. Multiple year old vets with max gear and thousands of hours get matched with fresh CP level 200 people.
  • gummy292
    gummy292
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it does have MMR.
    It only resets when you havent played for a while. I have with 5 battleground ready alts.

But most of the time i only play with 1 or 2 each update. This update i almost only play with warden and dk.

My mag sorc is sent on a holiday till it wil receive some buffs.

When one of my alts gets back from holiday the first vew games im in, wil get me scores like 40-0 in deathmatch. This normally takes around 3-4 games. After these first games im being sent to back to matches where i have to run for my life again.
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    gummy292 wrote: »
    Yes it does have MMR.
    It only resets when you havent played for a while. I have with 5 battleground ready alts.

But most of the time i only play with 1 or 2 each update. This update i almost only play with warden and dk.

My mag sorc is sent on a holiday till it wil receive some buffs.

When one of my alts gets back from holiday the first vew games im in, wil get me scores like 40-0 in deathmatch. This normally takes around 3-4 games. After these first games im being sent to back to matches where i have to run for my life again.

No. You are wrong. This game does not have any kind of MMR for Battlegrounds. There is no MMR reset if you haven't played because there is no MMR. A player that plays consistently can and will be matched with a brand new player. Once 12 people queue up the system attempts to fire a game and that's it. There are timezones when you will encounter great PvPers and there are timezones when you encounter a bunch of not so great PvPers.

There is no MMR system in Battlegrounds.
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game has lost a majority of the intermediate player.

Lots of old school veterans (many of us also quit; I had 8,000 hours and quit recently), and lots of brand new or close to new players who are lower skill.

The game used to have a flourishing intermediate player base, but years of no new content, disabling of the group queue and ultimate disablement of DM-only queue options has definitely led us to this path.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You are wrong.

I'm afraid it is you who is wrong. Without going int oa lot of detail or even personal experiences with BGs, Gina has stated as such regarding MMR resets at specific points in the game's life.
    This is the official feedback thread for the upcoming change to Battlegrounds including solo queuing and MMR resets.
    Whether it's working as intended or efficiently are completely different questions, but there 100% is MMR in BGs.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to be able to see my current MMR, if there is one.

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    No. You are wrong.

I'm afraid it is you who is wrong. Without going int oa lot of detail or even personal experiences with BGs, Gina has stated as such regarding MMR resets at specific points in the game's life.
    This is the official feedback thread for the upcoming change to Battlegrounds including solo queuing and MMR resets.
    Whether it's working as intended or efficiently are completely different questions, but there 100% is MMR in BGs.

Wrong. Anyone who plays battlegrounds in this game knows that a post from two years ago isn't relevant today. There is no MMR system in Battlegrounds.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    No. You are wrong.

Wrong. Anyone who plays battlegrounds in this game knows that a post from two years ago isn't relevant today. There is no MMR system in Battlegrounds.

No there definitely is one, albeit a minimal one. There's definitely a different player base between my main toon, and those I'm just leveling skill lines on. As others have observed, there's definitely a lack of intermediate PvPers, and MMR being character based and not account based is an issue.
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    From my experience there is MMR system. It is base on players score in BG however since some players ignore objectives they can have lower MMR rank than players who focus on objectives. This results in some players having higher MMR score like me who is medium level at best PVP player compare to a high end player who focus on kills which can result in lower scores if it’s not death match. Also the MMR tries to keep higher together and lower end but that still leaves a pretty big gap in player skill in BG.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lot of misinformation in this thread.

BGs do not have a traditional MMR.

However, they do track how many games a character (not account) has played. So on a new character, a vet PvPer can be matched up against a brand new player doing their first battleground. On the flipside, someone who might be really bad at PvP might be matched up against turbo DMers if they've simply played enough games.

Basically, from everything we know about the matchmaking system + observations in the community, the MMR basically just amounts to # of games played.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has a mmr but working more like a tier system, u start in lowest tier and as you play more games u get into max tier aka highest mmr.

same is with leaderboards, u can lose every game and always have negative kda score but be in the top positions in leaderboard.

same with rank as it scales of amount of ap currency gained. I often see 5 star players amazingly weak.

neither mmr nor leaderboard position nor rank show a player's skill and worth.
    but you can be sure in higher mmr u will encounter stronger players and see them more often. In my videos u can see players that know what they do without checking their ranks or mmr
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't prove this but here's a worry:

Everything said here is true about how the mmr system is only a measurement of time played. But still it is true in high mmr your competition is much stiffer. In fact you see truly outclassed players almost never. How can all of this be true at the same time? When not so good players reach higher mmr they just quit doing battlegrounds.

Fixing the mmr system might just be the single most important thing to increasing battleground activity.

I suggest something fairly simple... Keep track of average medal score and games won. Instead of making the whole thing cumulative.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter what "MMR" you have if there are not enough players in queue? I mean, does it start to combine from different levels? Or just make you wait?
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does it matter what "MMR" you have if there are not enough players in queue? I mean, does it start to combine from different levels? Or just make you wait?

You could dig through old patch notes to find the specifics (as they were stated at some point a while ago). They do broaden the search eventually but the queue will try its best to put you with other players in your bracket. This is why (counterintuitively) the more you play PvP on a certain toon, the harder it is to find matches.

On my main (more or less the only character I played since necro was released) it can be exceedingly hard to find BGs, even during prime time when I can see that many friends/guild members are finding matches.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind if it's matter of matchmaking ranks or anything, it's just a matter of fact that ESO casual PvP is not compelling (apart for a little niche of ppl who can faceroll on everything)
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How it's going:

rant_e10.png

9f2.jpg
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    Battleground is one of the best place to see how unbeliveable balanced Zenimax have maked the game!
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most interesting battlground so far :|:D:D:D
    screen10.jpg
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on January 8, 2023 4:48PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait 40 minutes in group queue
    Get in, 3rd team avoids other 2 teams fighting and game ends in 5-6 minutes. Nice.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    Wait 40 minutes in group queue
    Get in, 3rd team avoids other 2 teams fighting and game ends in 5-6 minutes. Nice.

Same here...plus if you made a team of 4 (all seasoned player) you will fight against sme group during all night.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admire your patience I doubt very much I would wait 40 minutes for anything.

Sometimes my que (solo on Xbox NA,) feels like it takes a while but honestly probably only 10 or 15 minutes at worst and mostly faster than that.

I am surprised that after waiting 40 minutes one team gets in there and decides to end the game as quickly as they can. Seems counter-productive to their own fun. Then again if the other 2 teams are just 4v4ing off in a corner somewhere the 3rd team can hardly be blamed for capping flags.

So without being there personally I can't really say anything other than it's a shame how things are going.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I admire your patience I doubt very much I would wait 40 minutes for anything.

Sometimes my que (solo on Xbox NA,) feels like it takes a while but honestly probably only 10 or 15 minutes at worst and mostly faster than that.

I am surprised that after waiting 40 minutes one team gets in there and decides to end the game as quickly as they can. Seems counter-productive to their own fun. Then again if the other 2 teams are just 4v4ing off in a corner somewhere the 3rd team can hardly be blamed for capping flags.

So without being there personally I can't really say anything other than it's a shame how things are going.

We run around in ic or br while we wait for the queue to pop
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I run solo in BR or duel in Grahtwood while I wait. Problem is if you're in combat sometimes you miss the que. Can't tell you how many times I had to miss a flag flipping because "DING, that's me boys, happy hunting!"
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On pc you have auto accept add-ons so you don't miss queues
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played my first Battleground today on my Xbox-NA main. I’m CP 556 or or and my group was a CP 2200 and two around 1600. That alone told me I was dealing with players significantly more skilled at playing ESO than me. It was a long queue so it could just be it threw me in there to fill the spot but it didn’t seem like there was any ranking system and if there was it’s not working currently. We led for most of the match but came in second. Obv I was carried and also quite terrible but at least I never died. For my teammates thought that has to suck. They would have won that match hands down if they had someone else on the team instead of me.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making a new character is unfortunately the only way around long high mmr ques. I logged in after 1 year of not playing and was still in a high mmr on certain characters so idk
    Edited by Udrath on February 7, 2023 12:36AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    Making a new character is unfortunately the only way around long high mmr ques. I logged in after 1 year of not playing and was still in a high mmr on certain characters so idk

LOL I know right? I like building (not creating,) new characters frequently, but sometimes the builds are kinda garbage, and anyway it'd be kinda cool to get the rust off in an easier environment. BGs are NOT the way to test things. Which is unfortunate if you wanted to test for BGs, because there's nowhere else to use proc sets without CP. Anyway... I'm probably just overly proud and scared of sucking infront of people I know... Which is a me thing. But I feel your pain!
    Surragard wrote: »
    I played my first Battleground today on my Xbox-NA main. I’m CP 556 or or and my group was a CP 2200 and two around 1600. That alone told me I was dealing with players significantly more skilled at playing ESO than me. It was a long queue so it could just be it threw me in there to fill the spot but it didn’t seem like there was any ranking system and if there was it’s not working currently. We led for most of the match but came in second. Obv I was carried and also quite terrible but at least I never died. For my teammates thought that has to suck. They would have won that match hands down if they had someone else on the team instead of me.

If you'd like a friend and/or a little help or practice I also play on Xbox NA and am willing to duel or talk.

If you didn't die then I think you did well. I don't know what game mode it was or what type of character you play... But if you didn't die you did well. Can't be too hard on yourself. You said it was your first BG on that toon? Well, we all had to start somewhere. You started with 0 deaths and a completed random.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tell you're in a high mmr bg when the deaths drop dramatically, and almost everyone has a score like 1-0-2. Battles go on 4 vs 4 for several minutes with almost no deaths. The seasoned players are tanked up and know how to survive and sustain.

Lower mmr you get the lopsided imbalance, where one seasoned DK or NB goes 33-0-33, and the inexperienced go 0-19-2

Tbh I'm pretty sure BGs are on the furthest back burner of concerns for the company.

I still enjoy them though, even with the many imperfections.
    Edited by Caribou77 on March 3, 2023 5:14PM