Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Left my own guild which I was leading since early-launch of ESO

Gelmir
Gelmir
✭✭✭
Hello,

Yesterday something unspeakable happened: while being in G(uild) screen, thinking I am on J(ournal) one, I rapidly X+E'ed my way through it, attempting to abandon some stupid crafting quest. Instead I left my guild which I'd been leading since early release of April 2014.

I contacted Support (ticket #221210-004502) but they "are unable" to reinstate me. Seriously, isn't there any way to do that? I wish, at least for guildmasters, X+E'ing that rapidly through "guild leave" operation wasn't that easy.

I'd greatly appreciate if at least I was given the list of my members and the guild was burnt, so that I could recreate it with the same name. Thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 26, 2022 7:14PM
Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that the guild leadership passed to someone in your guild and they should be able to re-invite you and pass leadership back.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds so stressful, I agree they should have a confirmation button for leaving, at least if you are the founder, like the yes/no screens with the timer we get for enchanting locked gear for example. Like the other commenter your best bet would be to ask one of the officers to re-invite you, hopefully you have a discord server and it's easy to reach people, and then for the current GM to hand you back the lead.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to do the same once. I contacted a my second in command and got reinvited and he gave me back my GM position. Any friend you have with invite right should get you back to the guild. The GM position was transfered to the highest ranking officer when you left, if if the guild have more than one on that rank it seems to go in alphabetic order.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, problem is the guild has been not active as before, especially after U35. Game auto-nominated my oldest existing member who hasn't played the game for years now, as a GM. Now even when my officer invites me back, I can't get GM role back. Let's see events unravel, but it's hell of a garbage situation to be in.
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand you are back in the guild again. So write zos again and point out that the one who got the GM have been absent for long. Also ask the high ranking people in the guild to verify your story by contacting ZOS on your behalf (dont forget to give them your ticket number). Then ZOS will try to contact the present GM to verify your story. If they dont reach that person, within a time limit ( I think it is one month) you should get your GM position back.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMs should not be able to leave a Guild until they transfer Leadership to another player. And, the Leadership Transfer needs to be verified by the player selected before the former GM can leave the guild. With a time frame that defaults to an hour, but can be extended if needed.

This is a Two Step Process with Independent verification and a default time limit. This would eliminate all accidental abdications.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    GMs should not be able to leave a Guild until they transfer Leadership to another player. And, the Leadership Transfer needs to be verified by the player selected before the former GM can leave the guild. With a time frame that defaults to an hour, but can be extended if needed.

This is a Two Step Process with Independent verification and a default time limit. This would eliminate all accidental abdications.

Indeed, I expected something in these lines before this happened. Somehow I remember in the past, intentionally pressing Leave Guild button to see what it confirms and I kinda got something in line with "first choose your successor, then leave, or guild banner burns". I might be mistaken, but I think I am not - that's what I remember. Somehow this time around, it didn't seem I got that.

Either way, I am back in the guild and as @LarsS suggested, already contacted for GM promotion. All is solved and settled now, besides the fact that my guild sitting in #1 slot, now sits on #5 slot, which is hell of a discomfort. At least being an addon dev, I can say: ESO UI is really sluggish when it comes to this kinda stuff :(

Anyhow, thanks all for your help! Enjoy the game! :wink:
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gelmir nice to hear that it worked out. The only way I know of to get your guild to #1 is to leave the other guilds temporarily, thats what I did.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the further updates regarding this guild issue. With everything now resolved, we are going to close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.