The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zuqoth, Armory Advisor. Low effort.

NotaDaedraWorshipper
NotaDaedraWorshipper
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, is this supposed to be an Aureal/Golden Saint? You know we have seen them before both in earlier games and in artwork?
If you're going to give us an assistant that is something as unique as specific daedra, please make them proper instead of this effort or just give us more mundane species or ones you already have the model and style of.

rB9yEgP.png

This does not look like a golden saint, this look like a human trying to dress up as an Aureal and they used the outfit station to make the look-alike armour. It's understandable that the base game costume wasn't used since it's well....bad, but everything feels so low effort these days this is yet another thing that goes on the pile.

The basic face marking golden lipstick which doesn't suit that well, the outfit made out of mixed styles dyed a golden colour that makes the leather (which the armour has a lot of) look like plastic, and worst, the human eyes and not Aureal eyes with black sclera, golden irises and slit pupils. Hard to tell on the preview if the pupils are slit or not, but the golden irises are a bit lackluster and the sclera is clearly white. Surprised you didn't use the Darloc's Golden Eyes again, though that wouldn't have been good either.

Aureals/Golden Saints appearances in other games and Legends artwork:
Oblivion
8e3fHED.jpg
Morrowind
gjuSSGL.jpg
Skyrim Creation Club
FVV8fXi.jpg
Blades
Z8vBDiC.jpg
Legends art:
UTnD9ZY.png
6q7PwG3.png
oEX1B1r.jpg
[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem with the Fargrave NPCs too. I know they're independent from any Prince but I really thought the armor they were all wearing was placeholder armor... looks randomized and then dyed. At least with the assistant it seems like someone put effort into recreating the armor but... why can't we just have Golden Saint armor?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low effort has become the motto for the last few years, and it's so frustrating because they have a business model that makes them absurd amounts of money, they have the legacy of the Elder Scrolls to stand on and take advantage of - they have a ridiculously zealous and loyal (even to a fault) fan base and community.

Everything they do could be epic. Sadly, the reality couldn't be further from the truth. Just copy paste, low effort, quick, cheap, and easy. Slap an Elder Scrolls label and some nostalgia on it and sell sell sell!

Frustrates me to no end, because we keep getting peeks of what could be, only to realize it was some sort of mirage.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything they do could be epic. Sadly, the reality couldn't be further from the truth. Just copy paste, low effort, quick, cheap, and easy. Slap an Elder Scrolls label and some nostalgia on it and sell sell sell!

This ^ (emphasis added by me). It's even sadder when you think the potential they have in their hands.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I had this problem with the Fargrave NPCs too. I know they're independent from any Prince but I really thought the armor they were all wearing was placeholder armor... looks randomized and then dyed. At least with the assistant it seems like someone put effort into recreating the armor but... why can't we just have Golden Saint armor?

Indeed. Not only could a new good Golden Saint armour and model (with proper eyes) be used for things like this, but also for other Golden Saint appearances that uses that awful base game costume. They spent some time making new daedra for Blackwood/Deadlands so why not give the aureals a model of their own. Like they can even recolour one they already have. We already have prettier female daedra and ones with black sclera but red irises, just replace that with gold and even without the slit pupils it would still be better and look more like one.
    Low effort has become the motto for the last few years, and it's so frustrating because they have a business model that makes them absurd amounts of money, they have the legacy of the Elder Scrolls to stand on and take advantage of - they have a ridiculously zealous and loyal (even to a fault) fan base and community.

Frustrates me to no end, because we keep getting peeks of what could be, only to realize it was some sort of mirage.
    Jaimeh wrote: »

This ^ (emphasis added by me). It's even sadder when you think the potential they have in their hands.

Sad but true. How many broken things has been released the latest years, despite the whole year of performance? Where is the year of quality? Even crown store items which they have before fixed when they had issues because people pay real life money for them, are left ignored now in glitched and unfinished states. The severe drop in writing quality, the list goes on.

With some effort and love, as in that it looks like they care about and like the product that is ESO that they work with, it could be so much better.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It IS just a cobbled together outfit. I was able to recreate it pretty easily. :s :
    • Divine Prosecution Helmet
    • Silken Ring Pauldrons
    • Silken RIng Jack (WITHOUT THE FRONT AND BACK FLAPS)
    • Stormlord Gauntlets
    • Deadlands Gladiator Guards
    • Stormlord Sabatons
    • Silken Ring Sash (this is the one thing I'm not 100% sure about. It could also just be the belt from the chest piece with the belt slot hidden either with a medium Orc belt or with Dev controls, since the flaps from the chest are hidden.)
    5574207af53fb91d3519f785a882468d.png
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    It IS just a cobbled together outfit. I was able to recreate it pretty easily. :s :
    • Divine Prosecution Helmet
    • Silken Ring Pauldrons
    • Silken RIng Jack (WITHOUT THE FRONT AND BACK FLAPS)
    • Stormlord Gauntlets
    • Deadlands Gladiator Guards
    • Stormlord Sabatons
    • Silken Ring Sash (this is the one thing I'm not 100% sure about. It could also just be the belt from the chest piece with the belt slot hidden either with a medium Orc belt or with Dev controls, since the flaps from the chest are hidden.)
    5574207af53fb91d3519f785a882468d.png

Yup, hence my outfit comment. It is fun see them cobble together outfits on some characters, like on some adventurer npc it would be great, but on a specific type of daedra which has a known unique armour? Noooo.

.....I'd also like to see them cobble together outfits and looks for npcs using the rules we have to follow. Like no hiding flaps or shoulders :expressionless:
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] This however is sad, even from a consumers perspective.
    Looks like somebody went through the developers kit and scrammed together whatever looked "midly like a golden Saint".

You know what would have made people happy and pushed the sale numbers twice as much?

A rework of the actual "Golden Saint" costume.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2022 7:45PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least with the assistant it seems like someone put effort into recreating the armor

I instantly recognized that as just a Silken Ring chestpiece. With gold paint poured over it.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    At least with the assistant it seems like someone put effort into recreating the armor

I instantly recognized that as just a Silken Ring chestpiece. With gold paint poured over it.

Yeah, I just meant the shapes of the pieces are vaguely correct. Though, I was able to remake the outfit to be closer to the real Golden Saint armor in terms of shapes using different armor so... I kind of take back my statement haha. I think the chest is the least accurate out of the whole outfit... like it really is not even close.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

And the crotch flap removed. So that means it is possible to get rid of them.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we get an armoury advisor who is a low budget cosplayer :'(
  • CountonMe
    CountonMe
    ✭✭✭
    If Zuquoth the new Armory Assistant looked like THIS, I'd buy TWO!

VXE91BE.jpg
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed with the golden saints. Very confused as to why they went with the nord body for their base. Don't they have pointed ears in the other games? High elf or a tall bosmer would have been a better base.
    The motifs are confusing and don't look right at all. The scorionite armour would have been a closer match but still not right. A shame.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    still waiting for shivering islands dlc for normal auril and mazken motifs