Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Instead of increasing house space...

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
perhaps ZOS could change the value of items? A spoon and a wall, or a platform take up the same space, i.e. 1 slot, which isn't entirely right.

How about changing it? A monument can take up to 10 slots, but eg. a spoon, 0.1 maybe?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 1, 2022 3:06AM
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not possible. No matter their size they are still 1 item for the data to keep track of.

What they should work on instead is making more items that comes in stacks, groups, clusters etc. To save slots. A collection of bottles of various types. Like potions, drinking, perfume bottles and such, and not just put them in singles. Bigger clusters of plants. Stacks of scrolls. Stacks of pots. Shelves, cupboards etc that are already filled with items, and not just books!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more special slots so I can add more house guests and non-combat pets. Eight is way way too low a limit.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've thought of this solution before, differently weighted items. I think @NotaDaedraWorshipper is correct in their assessment, unfortunately. I had another worry, too, that implementing this may hamper the work of people who like to use a lot of large objects. I do a lot of custom building and use a LOT of trees.

I agree something desperately needs to be done about housing item slots. Something needs to be done about furnishing storage, too. These two issues work in tandem. New furnishings keep getting released but our capacity to display or store them never does. I have a handful of large houses, a maxed bank and all the storage chests, and I'm still in a situation where I'm trying to sell or give away furnishings because I don't have the capacity to hold onto them. The things I do hold onto, I'm struggling to remember where I squirreled them, between the "warehouses" and the chests. This doesn't make for fun gameplay.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I wish we had some kind of "scaling" tool so we could make certain objects bigger or smaller. That could save a lot of potential furniture slots, because for example you would be placing one wall instead of three. Granted - the side effect could be some kind of pixelized texture, but I think if it would be done properly - then it would be barely noticeable.

Other idea is to maybe add some kind of grouping tool, so we could permanently "weld" furnitures together, so it would count as one. For example: 1 empty bookshelf + 30 books is 31 furniture slots. If grouped together it would count as 1 furniture.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, no. I don't want to have to abandon adding another room to a house because I don't have enough slots left for 4 walls, even though I would have plenty if they only took 1 slot each.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 27, 2022 5:46PM
    PCNA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not possible. No matter their size they are still 1 item for the data to keep track of.

What they should work on instead is making more items that comes in stacks, groups, clusters etc. To save slots. A collection of bottles of various types. Like potions, drinking, perfume bottles and such, and not just put them in singles. Bigger clusters of plants. Stacks of scrolls. Stacks of pots. Shelves, cupboards etc that are already filled with items, and not just books!

I would like the option to basically merge items together. Kind of like in photoshop I can work with different layers and then when happy merge the layers into one. So with a table setting you get all the dishes, food, and whatever else arranged how you like then select all those items and combine them into just one item. Combining them into one item would mean the entire thing moved as one item. You would no longer be able to move just one plate so you would need to be really sure that is how you want things to look.
    The problem would be in naming the item so the server can track it. Not sure how that would work.

I've thought splitting inside and outside to different instances would be good but that isn't a solution for homes that lack one or the other.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other idea is to maybe add some kind of grouping tool, so we could permanently "weld" furnitures together, so it would count as one. For example: 1 empty bookshelf + 30 books is 31 furniture slots. If grouped together it would count as 1 furniture.

I like this, you could take a spoon, knife, fork, plate, and cup and combine them into 'dinner service' using a new furniture plan.

I feel like there would be restrictions like not being able to mix styles or combining would be a one way thing - you wouldn't be able to break them up afterwards.

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about they have multiple houses you can visit from a person, like a secondary residence.

in their defense a 700 prop limit is pretty high, even in games like Garry's Mod which are way less gpu-intensive (moreso CPU intensive, actually), having 700 props in an area is a bit overkill and can lag/crash people if it's on a public server. Not really a great comparison, I know, but ZOS is probably accounting for the grandma potato computers and is aware of the game's limitations in other ways.

If the furnishings were spread around, however, and once you don't see them the machine no longer renders them, I could see them raising the prop limit. But right now most people want a raise in prop limit so their guild halls can have more room for crafting tables

cc0666ekvnbi.png

if they condense all the crafting tables to 1, it will satisfy a portion of the community who wants this change, but the house decorating enthusiasts will be left in the dust. Honestly it'd be pretty cool if we were allowed to open portals to each of the crafting areas spread out through the game instead, but that's a suggestion for a different topic.

There should exist limitations that decrease a user's render distance depending on the number of furnishings placed, and a dynamic maximum number of furnishing per area to prevent intentional lagging of certain systems (if the furnishing produces an effect, for example), with a hard cap being raised with these changes. This is part of what the OP is suggesting and I don't see harm in it, especially since the props are frozen when placed.

For example, if I want to use one part of my Hall of the Lunar champion to house my pets, that shouldn't impact my limit in another area that has house guests- and yet it does. Similarly, if I want to intricately decorate one part of my hall with items, once I leave that area I will be limited by what I placed there despite not being there.

If this is a data storage issue, no amount of pleading is going to work, but it doesn't appear to be.
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 27, 2022 7:54PM
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the size, each element has a block of graphic code + position coordinates. In the program code, the element occupies one slot. One solution that could help is to assemble all the elements into one texture after the construction is completed, but it is unlikely that ZOS will be able to create a script for such work.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »
    Regardless of the size, each element has a block of graphic code + position coordinates. In the program code, the element occupies one slot. One solution that could help is to assemble all the elements into one texture after the construction is completed, but it is unlikely that ZOS will be able to create a script for such work.

well if you know anyone who has the talent and needs a job... https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers

they have positions specifically for ESO
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 27, 2022 9:54PM
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "... to identify optimal strategies for monetization and conversion, etc. on a recurring basis"

:(
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    The should make the limit apply per subzone in the house. If you go through a door then you enter an area with its own item limit. The items in each subzone can't be seen or rendered unless you are in that zone so there should be no impact on console rendering limits.

You could then have your full limit of items outside and another full limit inside the house. Some houses, like lunar champion, have multiple separate rooms that could each have their own limit.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, HOW is a tiny apple the same weight as a statue bigger than my house ? hahHAHAHha
    Housing is poop tbh. You can't even press E on your bed and sleep on it- can't drink from a keg either(you can sit on a chair tho LOL). Can't Imagine paying $100 for a house hahaha!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more special slots so I can add more house guests and non-combat pets. Eight is way way too low a limit.

I'd gladly trade off a few hundred furniture spaces for a couple of extra npc spaces.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The statue is already in a different grouping than the spoon, which has a similar effect OP is suggesting. No reason for a complete redesign of the furnishing system that, in the end, would make little difference.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shihp00 wrote: »
    You're right, HOW is a tiny apple the same weight as a statue bigger than my house ?

They never said these items were the same weight or the same size. One item takes one slot.
    PCNA
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... I have been proven wrong, or at the very least misled.

Thus, there could be more categories added - eg. cutlery.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Shihp00 wrote: »
    You're right, HOW is a tiny apple the same weight as a statue bigger than my house ?

They never said these items were the same weight or the same size. One item takes one slot.

and that's why I agree with the OP
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this. I always joke with a friend about how our houses need more "trash" in them. New World does this and it is the best junk/clutter furnishings I have ever seen. They will make an actual pile using scrolls, maps, quills/inkwells, books.... there's dishes with cups, pans, and all types of kitchen goodies. There's honestly so many cool things like that, I won't bother to try to describe it all.... but you get like 12 items for 1, sometimes even more, set up all nicely and intricately; it's beautiful.
    Also I've said this before on another forum, but I would also like to see more 700 slot homes that are just smaller. Why they always have to make some gigantic ruins or mansions is beyond me. During my most recent ESO housing kick I just built my own home in Coldharbour Surreal Estate.... and as much as a fun challenge it was to actually BUILD the house itself, I would like to see some proper small homes with 700 slots.
    Edited by fizzylu on November 2, 2022 7:24AM
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they just increased the the special collectables, 10 is too low seen as I have enough house guests to fill that before mounts, banker, merchant etc. If they doubled it to 20 (I have ESO+ so 10 without) at least it would allow making the homes feel like they have more activity going on rather than just museum type rooms collecting dust. Just my opinion I'm sure others feel different but it is the one limit of the four that bothers me most.