The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial city pve Queue needs to happen.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    Problem for me Is not PvP but all those wannabe gankers waiting for you being engaged with NPC before attacking. Such brave pvpers.

Sentry on your backbar. Crouch. See no one. Talk to npc.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I am thinking, would be same opposition here, if name of thread was "Imperial city role playing queue needs to happen"?

@VaranisArano, your position is too much reward oriented. It is PvP way of thinking and it is end game PvE thinking, but most peoples are in ESO just to play game.

Lead on Fete ring (I don't want to search correct name) is only thing which hold any interest reward-wise for me there (very small interest). However I think, that there is some story I can't read because the way IC is. Event tickets don't hold my interest at all.

And yea, two loading screen because my alliance don't hold any respawn point is my biggest issue. This and the way how fight mostly go there. I like cyro and BG by the way. So it isn't existence of PvP, what I have problem with.

My opinion on an Imperial City role-playing queue or story mode is the same - if it's got no identical rewards, or better yet completely unique rewards to the PvPvE Imperial City, great! Everyone can experience the story...but you don't get the same rewards, since it's basically like a story-mode dungeon now that the gameplay is much easier, right?

Is that rewards-based? Yeah.

So are all these requests for PVE-only options. They are all about getting the rewards of the zone without playing the game as it was designed and intended.

Every single time I bring up the idea that "We could give people a PVE-only Imperial City with its own unique rewards"...no, it turns out that people really want the exact same skyshards, fish, achievements, and even (reduced) Tel Var without playing the zone with the intended risk of PVP.

So these people who are in ESO "just to play game" aren't really interested in just playing the game as intended. They want the rewards, and they think they should only ever have to play content they like in order to get them.

You can't ask for a much easier "story mode" and expect to deserve the same rewards as the players playing the game as designed and intended. Well, you can, but I totally disagree.

If you want to experience the story in IC, I recommend doing it sometime when there's not al event on - that's when I did it on my PVE DD character. There's a boss fight in the Arena and Temple District where I had to call in a buddy for backup

I fully concur.

Both IC and Cyrdodil were designed to have PvP involved. The reward structure was with that in mind. If players want something different there, and Zemimax changes their mind and agrees to it, then the reward structure should be different since different is exactly what players are asking for with these suggestions and requests.

• Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    ninjagank wrote: »
    Problem for me Is not PvP but all those wannabe gankers waiting for you being engaged with NPC before attacking. Such brave pvpers.

And while I'm fighting with some npc?
    Such fun having to only use heavy to not deplete resources in fear of some wannabe gankers attacking you when you already engaged.
    Such fair fights in IC. No thanks.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninjagank wrote: »

And while I'm fighting with some npc?
    Such fun having to only use heavy to not deplete resources in fear of some wannabe gankers attacking you when you already engaged.
    Such fair fights in IC. No thanks.

So this is the usual response to an offered solution from many people who play this game.

First off, every NPC in imperial city OTHER than bosses are so ridiculously easy to kill. They aren't threats. When PvErs complain about IC, they never seem to want to do anything to make it easier to quest. They simply want to void other people who are doing what IC was designed for -- PVP.

If you are worried about gankers, run detect pots and/or sentry. sentry is also a pretty good damage set, by the way, and if you go vampire you get those added bonuses.

If you don't want to do that, build for tankiness. NPCs will still die in short order. It's never been easier to be a tank DD in PVP than it is right now.

Keep your defenses up. Drop flares around you before talking to NPCs. But don't just drop one. Drop two or so, because smart NBs can sneak in and hit you before the flare CCs.

Get your quests. Get your telvar. The moment you have 1k or so, queue to Blackreach. Deposit. Queue back. Rinse and repeat.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

It's well known that you don't go into IC unless ur a NB, or you're a tanky 40k health of any class to defend against those NBs. Seriously everyone complaining has to be a NB....no frigging way.

There's nothing to defend. Who gets anything out of IC that's not one of those idiots listed above?

I think they need to just remove the TV bonuses and remove the loss of TV on death. Easy. Done. Let the NBs and tanky kids who use IC as their sole income lose that. They shouldn't get to have IC to themselves.

Oh and nerf cloak

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 5:36PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    [snip]

It's well known that you don't go into IC unless ur a NB, or you're a tanky 40k health of any class to defend against those NBs. Seriously everyone complaining has to be a NB....no frigging way.

There's nothing to defend. Who gets anything out of IC that's not one of those idiots listed above?

I think they need to just remove the TV bonuses and remove the loss of TV on death. Easy. Done. Let the NBs and tanky kids who use IC as their sole income lose that. They shouldn't get to have IC to themselves.

Oh and nerf cloak

You named the two set ups most effective in pvp so yes they make up most of the people in pvp.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 5:36PM
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gahn wrote: »
    [snip]

Yes, I die a lot in Cyro and BGs but still I' m there all the time.
    Playing in IC Is just to no fun, better leave the place to wannabe gankers.
    For people that want real PvP, see you in Cyro or in BGs

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 5:37PM