The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Imperial city pve Queue needs to happen.

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Z imperial city would be amazing if adding a Pve only mode Queue was possible.
To balance things out telvar gain could be reduced by 50% - 75% (the few comments seem to want telvar fully disabled).
You can still capture flags (for xp?) but they reset every 1 - 2 minutes.

UQzDtgi.jpg

That way PvP players that want to have fun destroying other players with no effort can actually fight other players that are more prepared for the pvp environment and accept the consequences.

Theres a insane ammount of players that will never fully finish esos story because of imperial city.

All imperial city is for years now is bully and insta kill other players.

92EFBUu.gif?noredirect
This post wont change anything i know it. But to all pve players that hate pvp. I understand your pain friends!

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 21, 2022 8:12PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to remove Tel Var completely. Not sure if that would make sense just to do some quests and get some sky shards.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, sorry but no. Its a PvPvE zone. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should have it change to something you want.

You have to learn to deal with what is there, learn, adapt, overcome.

I get many don't like PvP. I also question how many of those that don't like it have tried it as part of a group, because Cyro & IC are best experienced as part of a group
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it should be PvE necessarily but they do need to make some new pvp objective that encourages people to pvp in that area and ditch the Tel-Var loss imo. If they did that then more people would join same as Cyro.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outside of this event, it may as well be a pve zone.

The amount of times I go there and see NOBODY is staggering.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the questionable idea to put all new event loot in Imperial City bosses. Who gains from this? Absolutely no one but really motivated PVP players.

For balance, maybe next time ZOS add event loot in PVE event they can put it only behind Planesbreaker and Godslayer runs.
    Edited by Bat on February 20, 2022 12:45PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally, to even access IC, you had to be in Cyrodiil, as IC was a part of Cyrodill. It was not a separate campaign. So things back then looked way different and the context was way different. Also IC was a normal DLC, not a "free" one.
    You would have to remove Tel Var completely. Not sure if that would make sense just to do some quests and get some sky shards.
    Tbh. I am pretty sure that a lot of people pretty much dont care about tel-vars anyway.

I mean, look at IC and what is the vast majority of content. It is PvE. We have IC story quests and daily quests. Originally (as far as I remember), to have access to daily IC quests, you had to do the story quests 1st. If you would also look at the rewards, it pretty much all comes from PvE. Bosses, mobs, quests, even capturing districts is a PvE there.

PvP is just enabled in this zone. That is it. There is no real reward for PvP in IC. I mean, you still get AP for kills (but far less than what you can get in Cyro). You also can get some Tel-var for killing players, but way less than doing PvE. Players usually dont carry much Tel-Vars with them.

Also, one important thing to keep in mind is that when IC launched, we did not had Battle Grounds game mode. It was not in the game. So back then IC kinda acted like an "endless" Arena style fighting for people who enjoy it. In fact, IC districts are designed like that - small arenas with walls.

What I am trying to say is that nowadays PvP in IC is kinda um... pointless & feels unnecessary. There is no real reward for it, unless you think that Griefing is good & should be promoted & rewarded. Because this is literally the only type of "PvP" that IC promotes. The other type of PvP useful in IC are ball groups, but that is more for "protection" against other PvP-ing players there. Just like flock / herd - strength in numbers.

TLDR:
    IC is PvE & PvP zone, with a primary focus on PvE. PvP is just enabled there. But, as a result of IC being a PvPvE zone, both PvE & PvP suffers. One is reducing quality of the other. I am willing to bet that if ZOS would somehow separate PvE & PvP into separate zones and add different rewards for each - they could once again make IC a paid DLC because people would start buying it again, as it would be very good experience.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 20, 2022 10:24AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At most they need to make the main quest line in Imperial city instanced, especially that part that takes place in the arena with the multi stage boss fight.

Does not help that there is an achievement around killing players in that arena, don't know what really annoying person decided to add that to an area needed for that zones main quest line.

Beyond that there is simply not enough content in Imperial city to make a PVE only version, if they did add one Tel var should be turned off though, its suppose to be something you take a risk to get.

If you added a PVE version that still awarded Tel var no matter how reduced the amount, that would end up being the place I use to level up new characters while earning some extra cash on the side in complete safety doubt very much that I would be the only one.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    PvE have a ton of zones and PvP have just Cyrodil and IC.

I am a PvE player and don't do PvP because I have terrible net speed and coupled with lag it makes fighting other players pointless as I am just a little squishy ant to them but during these events I go into Cyro & IC to get my tickets and yep I have been ganked, jumped by a mob and hunted by players but I don't mind as this is there playground I am choosing to go into so I just get on with it and if I get killed I just respawn and keep at it, eventually I get the quest done, get my ticket(s) and leave.

In some ways I actually like the extra adrenaline I get trying to rush around and remain hidden, it adds a sense of danger I don't have in PvE which for me at least can be fun for an hour or so a day which is all it takes for a PvP noob like myself to get all 3 tickets.

I personally feel sorry for PvP players as they don't get as much in the way of events etc as us PvE so I think it is 100% fair they give them this sort of event and if I am an easy kill for someone then I won't gripe as it is my choice. I would say to all the PvE players that want this event changed, just think, would you like every PvE event to also then include entering PvP to get half the tickets? I know I definitely wouldn't! Just my opinion, I'm sure there will be plenty who disagree with me but that's the joy of forums :smile:

Hope you all have a great day.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sure, but no tel var or key frags
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    Yeah sure, but no tel var or key frags

You can already get Key Frags from the dungeons so I don't see why not to those. Tel-Var should remain pvp if they did that. Also no siege merits.
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely dreadful idea, there’s no way in hell it should be possible to earn Tel Var with zero risk.

IC is an amazing and unique zone, and the only one we have in this game that promotes genuine risk vs reward, please stop trying to neuter it and twist it to fit your risk-free wishes.

If you don’t like IC, don’t go there.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    No, sorry but no. Its a PvPvE zone. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should have it change to something you want.

You have to learn to deal with what is there, learn, adapt, overcome.

I get many don't like PvP. I also question how many of those that don't like it have tried it as part of a group, because Cyro & IC are best experienced as part of a group

I don' like imperial city? Sorry but i am faaaaar from the only one.
    I don't like pvp is a weird idea, i enjoy battlegrouds sometimes. The issue is i don't enjoy bullys.
    The strong should protect the weak, but in this game all they do is hurt them.

You learn nothing from the instakill ganks. Only fear.
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 20, 2022 12:48PM
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    For this event there's another IC campaign on, right? I assumed PVE players would go there and in fact, I've managed to kill bosses alongside yellows and blues without any issue. This is also a great opportunity to do quests since most people will leave you alone there.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope no PvP, no PvP rewards at all, including PvP sets, PvP motifs and all PvP currency.
    If you want to only PvE then you should only get PvE things.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope no PvP, no PvP rewards at all, including PvP sets, PvP motifs and all PvP currency.
    If you want to only PvE then you should only get PvE things.
    It all drops from PvE stuff in IC... Even capturing district in IC is PvE.

PvP in IC has no actual rewards itself and only serve as a "threat" generator, so there would be some risk involved. Risk of losing some Tel-var stones you carry. You never lose sets, key fragments and other stuff.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, make a PVE Imperial City with its own unique rewards.

After all, it'll be a completely different zone than the one designed from the beginning for PvPvE.

Unique Skyshards.
    Unique Leads.
    Unique Achievements.
    Unique Fish.
    Unique cosmetics.
    Unique monster helms.

No Tel Var.
    No Whitestrakes Mayhem Event Tickets.

You cannot expect to get the same rewards as the players in PvPvE Imperial City when you are merely playing PvE Imperial City.

(I know how this discussion goes. Those who disagree with me are going to hem, haw, and chisel at "but this reward is PVE" and "but I really want my skyshards/fish/etc."

No.

All that's saying is "I want the same rewards of PvPvE with none of the risk." If you really want them, then play the game mode as ZOS intended.)
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zone is quite literally already a PVE zone as is, the only people who go in there are people farming telvar to eventually turn it into gold, and when people show up, they just leave.

It's literally only PVP when events like this one happens, which I think is ironic that this was made during an event where IC has inflated player counts.

But when there's no event, its literally a dead zone all the time. No one goes in the sewers ever, barely anyone up in the city and the people there are just farming the bosses for telvar like I mentioned.

If you wanna PVE, you most certainly can, but don't complain that you can't when there's an event happening with literal inflated player counts from people trying to earn tickets
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IC is a PvE zone where PvP is enabled. Its similar to how games like WoW handle PvP servers.

Its not a PvPvE zone. A PvPvE zone would require PvP objectives. The only thing you have that gets close to this is the single district flag.

Tel Var are the core reason IC is not working at all. The core idea was that players fight for it, but you get to little compared to how much you need. If you would reduce the poor amounts further you dont create incentive to go there. What you would need is keeping the current values for PvE and multiply the values for the "normal" instance by a value of 3-4 to create some actual benefit for the risk.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

IC is a PvE zone where PvP is enabled. Its similar to how games like WoW handle PvP servers.

Its not a PvPvE zone. A PvPvE zone would require PvP objectives. The only thing you have that gets close to this is the single district flag.

Tel Var are the core reason IC is not working at all. The core idea was that players fight for it, but you get to little compared to how much you need. If you would reduce the poor amounts further you dont create incentive to go there. What you would need is keeping the current values for PvE and multiply the values for the "normal" instance by a value of 3-4 to create some actual benefit for the risk.

IC launched specifically as a PvP zone for players to go to out with Cyro that have rewards such as tel var. that’s a fact and still valid regardless of the lack of pvp objectives. That’s not down to the zone and more down to zos complete lack of investment into pvp in general

it was supposed to provide risk and reward, which wouldn’t exist in pve instance only. Every boss is solable even molag bal the rewards for very little risk. The rewards are of pretty high value witb 5k stones letting you buy hakeijo and selling a glyph for nearly 70k gold on pc eu.

For a PVE IC or Cyro then it should be a reflection of the other pve zones so gear drops and quests. No pvp currency.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, Tel Var is a PvP currency. If there's a PvE version of IC, there should be no Tel Var.
    The Moot Councillor
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 20th time, no it doesn't! There's no good argument for a PvE Cyro or IC.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But I need to collect my telvar taxes!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    The zone is quite literally already a PVE zone as is, the only people who go in there are people farming telvar to eventually turn it into gold, and when people show up, they just leave.

It's literally only PVP when events like this one happens, which I think is ironic that this was made during an event where IC has inflated player counts.

But when there's no event, its literally a dead zone all the time. No one goes in the sewers ever, barely anyone up in the city and the people there are just farming the bosses for telvar like I mentioned.

If you wanna PVE, you most certainly can, but don't complain that you can't when there's an event happening with literal inflated player counts from people trying to earn tickets

I have made posts like this before, but i got bullied so i deleted them.
    that being said, i did the post because i saw people in my guilds complain, so i decided to be their voice.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

IC launched specifically as a PvP zone for players to go to out with Cyro that have rewards such as tel var. that’s a fact and still valid regardless of the lack of pvp objectives. That’s not down to the zone and more down to zos complete lack of investment into pvp in general

it was supposed to provide risk and reward, which wouldn’t exist in pve instance only. Every boss is solable even molag bal the rewards for very little risk. The rewards are of pretty high value witb 5k stones letting you buy hakeijo and selling a glyph for nearly 70k gold on pc eu.

For a PVE IC or Cyro then it should be a reflection of the other pve zones so gear drops and quests. No pvp currency.

Yes it lauched has a pvp zone, was a pvp zone for years, failed and now it's free because players hated it.
    believe it or not most people play mmorpgs for the pve not the pvp, pvp is a minority and the zone is garbage for the vast majority of players.
    Giving it a pve mode with or without telvar would help it.
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 20, 2022 5:37PM
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I don't think it should be PvE necessarily but they do need to make some new pvp objective that encourages people to pvp in that area and ditch the Tel-Var loss imo. If they did that then more people would join same as Cyro.

^
    Or at least reduce the loss upon death in order to discourage people from just farming farmers. But then, as others have suggested, add more rewards and incentives for the zone to encourage players (PvE and PvP alike) to actually spend time there. At least ZOS has started doing this. Maybe add more objectives in each of the zones, other than just capturing flags to make gameplay a little more dynamic and PvP encouraging.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 20th time, no it doesn't! There's no good argument for a PvE Cyro or IC.

cyro doesn't have a story mode.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, imo it should never happen.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can claim Imperial City is a PVE zone all you like, but ZOS disagrees.

"A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts"
    Lauch Details: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25357

"BATTLE IN ESO’S PVP MODES & EARN BONUS REWARDS DURING THE WHITESTRAKE’S MAYHEM IN-GAME EVENT"

"During the Whitestrake’s Mayhem event, you can earn up to three Event Tickets per day by completing two different PvP activities: One Ticket if you complete a District daily from the Imperial City."

Whitestrake's Mayhem Announcement: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61615

Like it or not (and most don't like it), Imperial City was designed as a PVE/PVP space where the sewers, Districts, and quest areas mix NPC farming and the threat of Player fighting. You can't take out the PVP and claim to be playing as intended, nor that you deserve the same rewards as the people who do play in the mixed PVE/PVP environment.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it or not (and most don't like it), Imperial City was designed as a PVE/PVP space where the sewers, Districts, and quest areas mix NPC farming and the threat of Player fighting. You can't take out the PVP and claim to be playing as intended, nor that you deserve the same rewards as the people who do play in the mixed PVE/PVP environment.

Just because someone was designed in a certain way it doesnt mean that its working and viewed or used as such.
    There are 2 simple options regarding it.
    Either the zone gets reworked in a way that propper PvP objectives exist and the risk vs reward is actually taking place with things like zero risk ganking going out of the window and rewards fitting to the currency requirements to get ppl populate the area.
    Or it gets converted into a PvE area.

No matter how you view the intention, the zone is bad for PvE and for PvP due to its design.
    Edited by Xebov on February 20, 2022 7:00PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

Yes it lauched has a pvp zone, was a pvp zone for years, failed and now it's free because players hated it.
    believe it or not most people play mmorpgs for the pve not the pvp, pvp is a minority and the zone is garbage for the vast majority of players.
    Giving it a pve mode with or without telvar would help it.

The zone was totally disregarded along with the rest of pvp so it’s only natural the focus on it shifted over time.

I mainly play pve and enjoy pvp if it works. Other mmos have shown it’s possible to have a healthy mix with BGs, pvp overland and arenas but that needs investment which doesn’t happen.

All this is not really the point though the zone is pvp and there is a risk for being in it. That isn’t going to change, in a few weeks it will go back to very little pvp and people can farm whatever they want from adds.