The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant make Payment cause of stupid change of payment sys

• Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    This overlay will be due to banking practices in your region, and localised to your language.

It's designed to be an anti fraud measure, that would also fall within your regions Anti Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Act, whatever it's legislated as over there.

This is pretty standard, and something done when 2 factor authentication is not in place as a form of consumer protection.

To be clear, this has nothing to do with Zenimax.
    Edited by Norith_Gilheart_Flail on July 22, 2022 4:08AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sugram22

Have you tried starting a ticket yet?

If so, what is your current ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Sugram22

yes and i made it short and said i link it to the forum discussion here and said this explains the issue

BDW does this mean Zos team has to try to negotiate with my bank? sins ppl say its banks issue/thing
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 22, 2022 8:12PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    @Sugram22

ticket response

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is James and I would be happy to assist you.

After an investigating this matter in depth, it seems apparent that the payment method's issuer requires additional authorization steps that have not been completed.

You should be certain to fill out all requested information in making your purchase. If this is not possible, you should switch to an alternative payment method.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We will gladly help out where we can.

Thank you,
    James
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

so that's that's a bust (not helpful) so currently i can't buy anything cause that's my only payment method, my master card

Edited by Sugram22 on July 23, 2022 7:03AM
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    The keyword is Issuer - Your card's provider.

Call their contact centre, explain you are trying to complete online transactions and you want to ensure this feature is enabled on your card.

They will go through some ID questions to authenticate you, and maybe ask for your last couple of transactions for verification and that will set it up.

As I said, this is pretty standard globally.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    The keyword is Issuer - Your card's provider.

Call their contact centre, explain you are trying to complete online transactions and you want to ensure this feature is enabled on your card.

They will go through some ID questions to authenticate you, and maybe ask for your last couple of transactions for verification and that will set it up.

As I said, this is pretty standard globally.

went to bank day after it happened
    bank was zero help, basically said sry can't help, rules are rules

i can call them to but i know the response, u half to go to Bank we don't do anything on the phone, maybe if i had online bank and/or mobile ID maybe then they would, cause i can't verify that its me on the phone
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 23, 2022 5:38PM
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    So here's instructions for online bank n26. If you make that your second account, you have online banking and will have to authorise roughly 1 in 2 transactions with your mobile phone, so you don't have to put in your online bank account details into that form.

For extra security you could have a cheap second mobile phone that still supports their app and after the setup and authentication, lock it away powered off in a safe, till you want to buy something.

Hope this helps :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sugram22

Do you have your exact ticket number available?

This will allow us to check the ticket and make sure it is being handled correctly.
    Staff Post
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    @Sugram22

Do you have your exact ticket number available?

This will allow us to check the ticket and make sure it is being handled correctly.

[220722-001038] Elder Scrolls Online Support Ticket

i did reply to them (replay from mail box) and this was response

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is John and I will be assisting you today.

I understand that you are still experiencing issues with attempting to purchase Elder Scrolls Online. Please try a different payment method or contact your bank for help with the additional security questions or account management.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    John
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Edited by Sugram22 on July 23, 2022 5:47PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »
    So here's instructions for online bank n26. If you make that your second account, you have online banking and will have to authorise roughly 1 in 2 transactions with your mobile phone, so you don't have to put in your online bank account details into that form.

For extra security you could have a cheap second mobile phone that still supports their app and after the setup and authentication, lock it away powered off in a safe, till you want to buy something.

Hope this helps :)

i don't have online bank and i don't have mobile ID i only use my master car by using data on the card

this other phone would also need a internet connection meaning contract, not making another contract and waste more money, i am paying for home internet and my phones internet already and another1 would be 2much of a waste sins i would hardly use it
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 23, 2022 5:45PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2FA was made mandatory by a lot of banks because a) it does genuinely reduce fraud and unfortunately b) because it's made it much easier for them to deny responsibility for fraud and blame end users.

The 2FA is controlled by your bank. The actual 2FA process used is controlled by your bank. They can pick various things (SMS codes - bit of a joke, email - even more of a joke, as well as actual credible systems where you need to put the card into a physical device and type stuff in to get a code you provide back).

Going to steam won't change this.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sugram22

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your support ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    got answer from bank (i send email to them and few days later got response) its EU Union parliament mandate in hole EU, [snip]

[snip]

i hope some of what i said doesn't go against terms of service, needed to get that off my chest

[Edit for profanity]

Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 29, 2022 1:52PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    50 euros, damn.

50 EU new 50 later and eventually its 500 and even thousands of loss from 1 person, shows how much u know or should i say how intellectual u are

if u can't think of long term then don't go in to a business cause u will bankrupt ur firm with 1 year if not sooner
    Edited by Sugram22 on August 17, 2022 10:08AM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Weird, I make all my purchases for ESO directly on Steam not the ESO store page. My account did not originally start as a Steam account either, after a sale it asked which account I want linked to Steam and I put in my original account. It's also linked to Stadia, if I make purchases on either vendor it applies.

can it be done without installing steam ver? by just linking acc's?