The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant make Payment cause of stupid change of payment sys

Sugram22
Sugram22
✭✭✭
i was planning to upgrade to high isle but after putting in my card info i get this BS, it use to be that after that it was payment complete but new this BS it has few option mobile ID (phones are easily hackable so never doing mobile ID thing), then ID card (if ur in business then OK its safer but home PC's don't have enough security some1 can hack and steal ur identity, businesses have heavier cyber security, so if i half to do the ID card thing i would half to go to a library or some other business with PC and ID card reader no THX), and final option online bank stuff but i don't have online bank set up and never will its pain and hassle to deal with for me, so i can't make payments with stupid sys like this, if it were to ask my car PIN code then i could but not with the current option, change it so it asks PIN code then i can make payment/buy from u

sz0vz9z63crs.png

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 22, 2022 2:31AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's alternatives stores usually selling it. I think they have on Amazon sometimes
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These kind of systems are pretty much always set up by the banks or card companies.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    These kind of systems are pretty much always set up by the banks or card companies.

bank teller (or how they are called who deals with u when u go to bank) said its not them, in short, visited bank cause i wanted answers
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 21, 2022 10:59AM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    There's alternatives stores usually selling it. I think they have on Amazon sometimes

2bad i don't have amazon account, just steam, but my ESO is not steam version, i don't use online stores so don't plan to make accounts in them, steam is exaptation cause i may buy digital stuff like games and games i get from steam so no need for amazon
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird, I make all my purchases for ESO directly on Steam not the ESO store page. My account did not originally start as a Steam account either, after a sale it asked which account I want linked to Steam and I put in my original account. It's also linked to Stadia, if I make purchases on either vendor it applies.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be the same codes you use to make transfers on your bank account.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Weird, I make all my purchases for ESO directly on Steam not the ESO store page. My account did not originally start as a Steam account either, after a sale it asked which account I want linked to Steam and I put in my original account. It's also linked to Stadia, if I make purchases on either vendor it applies.

but if i link it to steam can i play it without launching steam like before? that it links only the account and not the game itself?

or can i use steam to buy somehow?
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 21, 2022 11:01AM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Should be the same codes you use to make transfers on your bank account.

tried different things didn't work

also all that it asks is a preach of privacy
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 22, 2022 10:59AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »

but if i link it to steam can i play it without launching steam like before? that it links only the account and not the game itself?

You can with a separate installation of the game and manually login.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't buy much with regards to ESO. I got shafted during the PSN hack years ago, and since then, I simply don't enter my card details on any console or any gaming site. Definitely wouldn't ever trust PSN/Sony with my details ever again. So many other gaming dev sites have been breached in the past too. Like Sony, most initially don't want to take responsibility until they have no choice. They always, without fail, try to lay the blame at your feet in the first instance.

Can get around some of them using a pre paid card, but not all. The ESO sub requires a valid CC/debit card and I'm just not willing to trust MS, ZoS, PSN etc. Nor do i give my mobile number to any of them either. Plenty of other games to be getting on with should i ever hit a brick wall with newly implemented requirements.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, but shouldn't there be many more payment options? When I buy crowns there are like 7-8 different payment options.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

You can with a separate installation of the game and manually login.

oh my that's pain in the A

i hope steam doesn't F it up by starting to demand more information about urself like ESO
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 21, 2022 1:24PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    I can't buy much with regards to ESO. I got shafted during the PSN hack years ago, and since then, I simply don't enter my card details on any console or any gaming site. Definitely wouldn't ever trust PSN/Sony with my details ever again. So many other gaming dev sites have been breached in the past too. Like Sony, most initially don't want to take responsibility until they have no choice. They always, without fail, try to lay the blame at your feet in the first instance.

Can get around some of them using a pre paid card, but not all. The ESO sub requires a valid CC/debit card and I'm just not willing to trust MS, ZoS, PSN etc. Nor do i give my mobile number to any of them either. Plenty of other games to be getting on with should i ever hit a brick wall with newly implemented requirements.

that's why i made second bank account, from main account there is small transfer each month to second account, point is to protect my main account
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Is it just me, but shouldn't there be many more payment options? When I buy crowns there are like 7-8 different payment options.

they should totally add steam wallet as 1extra payment option, cause if i could get my money to steam i could use stem to buy from ESO site

[Snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 21, 2022 1:52PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What country are you in, and what information exactly are you being asked for in the screenshot? This sounds as if it might be a problem within your country rather than something ZOS has done.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 euros, damn.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use paypal for anything game-related. And my paypal account is not attached to any of my real email addies.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    What country are you in, and what information exactly are you being asked for in the screenshot? This sounds as if it might be a problem within your country rather than something ZOS has done.

Estonia, i said what the options are but i chose code tried bank card PIN code and then it asked my social security number and i was like hell no

what u see on the picture came after the typical card info part, in past after that was payment complete

i mean what's on picture above came after filling this
    oieoa4nh0lk1.png
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 21, 2022 2:11PM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes you can go into the steam folder and launch via the executable like the non-steam version without Steam launching. This is how I play ESO during those rare times that Steam is down
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

Yes you can go into the steam folder and launch via the executable like the non-steam version without Steam launching. This is how I play ESO during those rare times that Steam is down

and then accounts are sync so if i buy DLC from stem its also in non-steam version? when i log in with this none-steam account

i hope i don't half to buy steam version for it to work and also hope i don't need to download and install it
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 21, 2022 2:51PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Estonia, i said what the options are but i chose code tried bank card PIN code and then it asked my social security number and i was like hell no

what u see on the picture came after the typical card info part, in past after that was payment complete

oieoa4nh0lk1.png

It looks to me like Mastercard is asking for additional security information because of a temporary hold on normal transactions with Estonia. This happened to me a few years ago in the UK when I bought a game with my card ok but immediately after my initial subscription payment was refused. I then had a call from the card company checking whether I had made the transactions because between the two transactions - just minutes apart - the country receiving the payments (which happened to be the USA) had its status changed. I've no doubt that if I'd gone into my local bank branch they wouldn't have known anything about it, much like yours by the sound of it, but the card company knew all about it. and said it was something that happened all the time in relation to international transactions. Try calling them.

The other possibility, of course, is that it was a phishing attack and that somewhere in the process you found yourself on a fraudulent site trying to get personal information from you.
    Edited by Tandor on July 21, 2022 3:00PM
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar thing with Visa. I can't tell exactly what it says from your screenshot, but it's identity validation. If it's even remotely similar to Visa, and it might not be, it's basically like two-factor verification on your bank's end to make sure someone isn't using your card without your knowledge. The issue likely isn't with ZOS, it's your card provider / bank. A standard bank teller might not even have the appropriate information for you as many banks would separate online banking to its own department.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

oieoa4nh0lk1.png

It looks to me like Mastercard is asking for additional security information because of a temporary hold on normal transactions with Estonia. This happened to me a few years ago in the UK when I bought a game with my card ok but immediately after my initial subscription payment was refused. I then had a call from the card company checking whether I had made the transactions because between the two transactions - just minutes apart - the country receiving the payments (which happened to be the USA) had its status changed. I've no doubt that if I'd gone into my local bank branch they wouldn't have known anything about it, much like yours by the sound of it, but the card company knew all about it. and said it was something that happened all the time in relation to international transactions. Try calling them.

The other possibility, of course, is that it was a phishing attack and that somewhere in the process you found yourself on a fraudulent site trying to get personal information from you.

i googled elder scrolls online click on the link then clicked on account to log in then went to store like i usually do so can't be phishing attack, phishing attack happen with this only with mails why i never use mail links that are sent to me

and second day same thing when i tried to buy

zos was not the only1 who got earful from me, i went to my Banks facebook and gave earful to them to same time, not in PM though by posting, but no response so far

i can call them but i know the response, u half to go to Bank we don't do anything on the phone, maybe if i had online bank and/or mobile ID maybe then they would

i was enough pissed yesterday that i threatened to change Banks lol

stuff like this when it happens, right after it happens i am pissed for 30min - 1H :D

EDIT:
    @Tandor
    ZOS_Volpe recommended ticked so i am trying that to

bank was zero help, basically said sry can't help, rules are rules
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 22, 2022 11:12AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    I had a similar thing with Visa. I can't tell exactly what it says from your screenshot, but it's identity validation. If it's even remotely similar to Visa, and it might not be, it's basically like two-factor verification on your bank's end to make sure someone isn't using your card without your knowledge. The issue likely isn't with ZOS, it's your card provider / bank. A standard bank teller might not even have the appropriate information for you as many banks would separate online banking to its own department.

Yep, in the UK banks now have a duty to apply two-factor verification checks randomly to card transactions over I think £25 although I have yet to receive a single such check despite my bank having notified me of the new requirement. I imagine that if you don't provide a mobile phone number for it then they will try other types of check such as national insurance or social security numbers. However, banks will never ask for your PIN and that won't change as it's an essential part of their protection against fraud.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bank is now requiring 2FA for every login, so I have to access email to get the code every day before being allowed to log in (this is in the US). Annoying, but I get the reasoning. If there weren't so many scumball scammers stuff like this wouldn't be necessary.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    My bank is now requiring 2FA for every login, so I have to access email to get the code every day before being allowed to log in (this is in the US). Annoying, but I get the reasoning. If there weren't so many scumball scammers stuff like this wouldn't be necessary.

well the card i use doesn't need this much security

1. i have a limit how much a day i can spend or take out from it

2. i am notified about awry transaction

so if there is unauthorized transaction i can close the account and transfer the remaining money back to my main account, i have take all the precautions so this BS on the picture is totally unnecessary

and my main bank accounts online use option is locked :)

Edited by Sugram22 on July 22, 2022 10:56AM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Paypal, I use them as well. All the payment details handled by them, ZOS and other vendors only see that Paypal confirms the payment.
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    I use paypal for anything game-related. And my paypal account is not attached to any of my real email addies.

But Paypal requires your passport. Which makes identity theft possible and so I stopped creating one. In fact, they won't delete my unfinished account, because in order to do so, I first need to upload my passport and only then I can request deletion. :sweat_smile: Makes you wonder why they want those passports so badly.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »

But Paypal requires your passport. Which makes identity theft possible and so I stopped creating one. In fact, they won't delete my unfinished account, because in order to do so, I first need to upload my passport and only then I can request deletion. :sweat_smile: Makes you wonder why they want those passports so badly.

Ouch. Well, being a US citizen, I wasn't asked to provide a passport. I can't remember being asked for any ID - but then, I've had a paypal account since a year after its founding (so 1999). When I started using it for my business (2005) I did have to provide info on my bank account in order to get access to their credit card.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post