The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax, please, change Sorcerer-King Orgnum patron

• DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what upsets me the most is that Orgnum spam contradicts the very idea of the desk-building, and, in its' current state - very hard to counter. Generally, the game is good, it requires thinking and planning, but Developers decided to destroy this, simply allowing to push that Orgnum button each and every turn. This is kind of OP. Volendrung adds some chaos in Cyrodiil, but this is once in 5 hours. Orgnum spam is persistent and in my humble opinion ruins the game, which could be fun otherwise. :(
    PC EU
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of a fluid tavern idea. Ignoring tavern cards so your opponent has to spend their gold to cycle them out is a valid strategy, especially in the early game where resource generation is so important.

There has to be different solutions than hamstringing another prominent strategy as collateral damage.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that easy to stay favored with Orgnum. If your opponent has any idea how the deck works they won't let the other player stay favored. I've passed up decent cards to remove their favor and keep them from accumulating Maormer Boarding Party cards.
    PCNA
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    i love orgnum because its the patron I use to counter red eagle spammers. If orgnum is going to get re-worked then red eagle should as well, if you have it pointing towards you then make it not let you draw a card anymore, just how crow works. No more use after it's facing you.
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so over this Patron

There's a few regular ToT players who run this Patron every game and just spam it & it's beyond tiresome

There is literally no strategy at all to playing this patron.

10 - Spend all your coins for the turn
    20 - Check coins > 3 and if true, buy any card you can afford to grow deck further (regardless of synergy)
    30 - Spam Patron
    40 - Goto 10

Never, in all the years I've played CCGs, have I seen such a stupid and asinine 'strategy' presented in a 'tactical' CCG

It's (by far) the part of ToT I detest the most. Not only because it's such a 'cheap' strategy, but it takes almost zero skill to implement and makes a complete mockery of the strategic foundation of this CCG.
    Edited by Austacker on September 9, 2022 8:11AM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Austacker wrote: »
    20 - Check coins > 3 and if true, buy any card you can afford to grow deck further (regardless of synergy)
    30 - Spam Patron

OK. My turn now. I do the same exactly as you just did.

By the way, I may have picked up a +2 Prestige Orgnum card you revealed when you bought a card to grow your deck.

So far, we're even in Prestige (and I may have a +2 Prestige Orgnum in my deck).

Your turn.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 9, 2022 10:36AM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Rajhin is the deck they needs changed. Its whole purpose is to troll.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 9, 2022 3:08PM
    PCNA
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverBride, please, no offense, but Rajhin could be countered with Red Eagle and with Celarus (not counting Crows bursts and sacrificing expensive Hlaalu cards). Orgnum has barely no guaranteed counterplay, rather than both players spam this button.
    PC EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does any other deck counter being spammed with bewilder cards? The only thing to do with these is to turn them into writs which takes coins away from being used to buy a good card, or hope you are lucky enough to get a Red Eagle card that let's you destroy them. Either way doing these hinders getting good cards and forming combos.

I've played several games with Orgnum that didn't just spam the patron nonstop. There is more to it than that.
    PCNA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Austacker wrote: »
    30 - Spam Patron

OK. My turn now. I do the same exactly as you just did.

By the way, I may have picked up a +2 Prestige Orgnum card you revealed when you bought a card to grow your deck.

So far, we're even in Prestige (and I may have a +2 Prestige Orgnum in my deck).

Your turn.

@Austacker So? You concede already? So easy to spam it but you can't even make the next move?

Your turn, I'm waiting...

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes