The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

UI Error on Console

allochthons
allochthons
✭✭✭
In the first hour, two friends repeately got a UI error in the game after the update, that you can't clear, so you need to close the game and restart, every time. One when moving through a load screen in Graven deep, another when loading into Graven Deep.
Okay, now it's happened 4-5 times when trying to queue for Earthen Root Enclave. Usually to the person who has crown (and is also the tank).

1wf4r3gk1g9s.jpg

She/They
PS5/NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report! We'll take a look.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add this happens to me on PC too, when playing with an xbox controller and using the dungeon finder. Every time I queue into a dungeon, I get this same UI error. I cannot even get rid of it on PC because there is no way to get the mouse onto the screen, and the X button does not dismiss the error. I have to alt+f4 every time I queue into a dungeon.

Worth adding I tried disabling every addon, and it did not fix this issue.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    React wrote: »
    Just wanted to add this happens to me on PC too, when playing with an xbox controller and using the dungeon finder. Every time I queue into a dungeon, I get this same UI error. I cannot even get rid of it on PC because there is no way to get the mouse onto the screen, and the X button does not dismiss the error. I have to alt+f4 every time I queue into a dungeon.

Any dungeon? Or are there specific ones you remember seeing the error in after queuing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • frosting
    frosting
    Soul Shriven
    This has been happening to me too, PC NA on Stadia. Any dungeon, but it only happens when I am crown.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

Any dungeon? Or are there specific ones you remember seeing the error in after queuing?

It has happened in every dungeon I have used the activity finder to queue into since update 35 launched, including those I have queued into with a full group.
    Edited by React on September 6, 2022 7:39PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Happening on PS5 EU too. While I was able to play a few hours without this issue (I wasn’t in any queue), now it happens every time I have a loading screen, like teleporting into a house or using a shrine.
    Also, it happens when queueing for a donjon, but it also happened once while I wasn’t in queue.
    Maybe worths noting that even hitting a key on a keyboard does nothing.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also been getting this error (I think it's the same one at least, something about GenericHeaders) on PC since U35. At first I thought it might have been because of an addon, so I just installed the Bug Catcher addon to prevent my UI from getting locked up.

I get the error every time I enter Earthen Root Enclave. I've also seen the Bug Catcher notification that it caught this error in some other dungeons but can't recall which ones.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on September 6, 2022 8:37PM
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I was able to get through Graven deep without triggering this error.
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭
    Those getting the error, do you get it when crown, or when tank, or both? I got it only when I was both, as did one of my friends. (PS5/NA).
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

As a follow up to this, we have identified the issue and have put up a Support article about it. We'll provide a copy/paste of that article text below.
    We are are aware of an issue that causes players to get UI errors while using the Activity Finder after Update 35. You can view a discussion on the forums about this here.

If you encounter this error, you can select dismiss to clear the error. Note: You may have to select dismiss many times to fully clear the error.

To avoid this error, back out of the menu options one at a time, instead of closing the menu UI all at once.

This issue will be resolved in a future update. We recommend keeping an eye on our Dev Tracker or Patch Notes for any updates. You can also receive notifications when this article is updated by logging in to the website and selecting "Notify Me" at the bottom of this page.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting this when changing zones on xbox.

Also, I can't clear it; I have to close the game and relog. The game will not accept any input except the right and left sticks when this message is up.
    Edited by mikemacon on September 6, 2022 11:05PM
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t clear the error when it happens, I can walk around, everything else is unresponsive. Need to open the Xbox menu and force close the game.

Edit to add: always when I am crown, I am DPS so not a tank issue, and encountered in Enclave, Graven Deep, and Falkreath Hold.

pxujfmg5xyu7.png
    Edited by xosaara137ox on September 6, 2022 11:25PM
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to crown when entered new dungeons - different crowns for different dungeons but same bug.

Pressing x / dismiss had absolutely no effect. Only way to clear was to force close the game.

PS EU
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    The UI Error screen is UNDISMISSIBLE. You must close the game and reenter and if you do so quickly you will remain in the dungeon and the UI Error screen will be gone.

Happened in both NEW dungeons. Did not occur when entered in a Random Dungeon.

Note: This is on PS NA playing on PS5. (May or may not make a difference.)

:|
    Edited by SpiritofESO on September 7, 2022 10:08PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to add that on PC when this error occurs pressing the "x" to close the message does not work. But if you alt-tab out of game and then re-focus game you are able to close the message.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to confirm, are you all pressing the button to attempt to close the window a bunch of times? For reference, we were able to finally close it after pressing the button around 20 times, but curious if everyone here is experiencing something different. Thanks for any insight!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please for the love of all thats good, add the option to DISABLE this function
    because if I have to see this pop up during a pvp fight and again Im going to get an anurism and sue ZOS for incitement! Lzol ok maybe not, but all jokes aside, please, for some of us the option of an extra quickslot is an extreme annoyance
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, are you all pressing the button to attempt to close the window a bunch of times? For reference, we were able to finally close it after pressing the button around 20 times, but curious if everyone here is experiencing something different. Thanks for any insight!

Can confirm that mashing A got through it, only about 50+. Unsure if it is related, but I had my first game crash in years a few mins later.

Edit to add: after getting kicked I ran with the same group a few more times, without crown I was still getting the error at the start of every run, and the crown was getting it also. Then when I traveled back to Grahtwood I got it again - may be related to the other fast travel UI Error.
    Edited by xosaara137ox on September 7, 2022 4:27PM
  • Kurenai_1992
    Kurenai_1992
    ✭✭
    Every time I get a loading screen I get hit with UI Error. This is a game breaking issue cause players are constantly having to log out or spam a button to get this to go away. Can you guys just take the servers down and do a emergency fix for this before the next event starts cause this is going to make a lot of people mad

Quick edit I'm on Xbox, but it seems like the issues are on every console
    Edited by Kurenai_1992 on September 7, 2022 9:52PM
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    The UI Error screen is UNDISMISSIBLE. You must close the game and reenter and if you do so quickly you will remain in the dungeon and the UI Error screen will be gone.

Happened in both NEW dungeons. Did not occur when entered in a Random Dungeon.

Note: This is on PS NA playing on PS5. (May or may not make a difference.)

:|

UPDATE: I only tried pushing "X to Dismiss" a few times. I tried using all other controller buttons and found none worked except Left Stick.

When this happens again (and I feel sure it will in the two new dungeons) I will attempt pushing "X to Dismiss" 20 or more times to see if this is effective.

:s

Okay, yes, in a dungeon that is not new I got the UI Error screen and after 20+ presses on X it did dismiss the error window.

So there is a workaround to use while we wait for a fix.

:neutral:
    Edited by SpiritofESO on September 11, 2022 1:01AM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • LifeIsAGrave
    LifeIsAGrave
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Eu / nearly every load screen gets the UI error. 50-75 "A button" spams to clear it.
    CHARACTER PROGRESS
    https://www.twitch.tv/lifeisagrave
    Xbox One GT: Life Is A Grave - 714,167GS /157/157 ESO XBOX Achievements
    Xbox EU: CP2485:
    S'riracha F'lah - DK DD/T/H- GMC - GO - EP (47,005 Ach. Pts./8,959Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - Ward DD/T/H - PVP14 - 9Trait - (45,245 Ach. Pts./768Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - Cro DD/T/H - PVP12 - 9Trait - (45,385 Ach. Pts./766Hrs)
    Divine Hammer - Temp DD/T/H PVP13 - 9Trait - (44,560 Ach. Pts./457Hrs)
    Gwydion Fidgen - Sorc -DD/T/H - PVP17 - 9Trait - (45,380 Ach. Pts./1,448Hrs)
    Astronomical Space Cat - NB DD/T/H - PVP10 - All 50s - (44,725Ach. Pts./267Hrs)
    Daily Random Normal/Transmute Farmers:
    Violet Fissure - Sorc XP/H - PVP17 - All 50s - EP (44,660 Ach. Pts./341Hrs)
    Azure Pearl - Sorc XP/H - PVP15 - All 50s - EP (44,910 Ach. Pts./530Hrs)
    Rhot'n G'orc - Cro XP/H - PVP9 - All 50's - EP (44,160 Ach. Pts./121Hrs)
    Aether Sands - Necro XP/H - PVP3 - All 50s - EP (43,940 Ach. Pts./71Hrs)
    Eridium Flux - Temp XP/H - PVP7 - All 0s - EP (44,110 Ach. Pts./81Hrs)
    No Small Feat (Tiny T.) - Ward XP/H - PVP 13 - All 50s - EP (44,335 Ach. Pts./292Hrs)
    Viridian Frost - H. Ward XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,620 Ach. Pts./443Hrs)
    Chorrol Radpants - DK XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,220 Ach. Pts./732Hrs)
    T'torielle - LVL20 - DK DD - PVP 0 - All 50s - EP (43,780 Ach. Pts./5 Hrs)
    Xbox NA: CP1239:
    S'riracha F'lah - LVL50 DK DD/T/H- All50s - PVP 2 - EP (19,665 Ach. Pts./300Hrs)
    And I Dig It - LVL50 Sorc - XP/H - PVP 14 - All50s - EP (19,345. Ach. Pts./227Hrs)
    Carpathian Ridge - LVL50 Temp - XP/H PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,185 Ach. Pts./63Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - LVL 36 Cro XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1.5Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - LVL48 Ward XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    Astronomical Space Cat - LVL38 NB XP/H - PVP 3 - No Craft - EP (18,065Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    PC:EU Server/ESO ID @LifeIsAGrave - CP281
    Dark Aether - Sorc - PVP3 - Craft All 50's - AD (157 Hrs)
    PSN/ESO ID @Zo177b13 - No Chars-tbd
    UPDATE: 26 Nov, 2022
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dismiss on PS5 after spamming X about 70 times. Super obnoxious.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same to me today
  • weights44
    weights44
    ✭✭✭
    This is now happening EVERY SINGE TIME I wayshrine from zone to zone, EVERY SINGLE TIME I que into a dungeon or trial, EVERY SINGLE TIME I port to cyro, EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave a dungeon or trial, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave cyro.

ALL I CAN DO IS LOG IN AND CLOSE APP every time I try and leave anything or travel. I can’t even port in cyro I have to run everywhere. CAN NOT PLAY THE GAME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!
  • patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    It also happens on ps5 when im not in a group and just travel to a wayshrine or to someones house. Basically with every kind of travel and with more than half of the travels. Also since the ver frequent when i come out of a loadscreen and dont have the error , I can only move and skills and interactions are not working . So i have to restart again.
    You already made my templar look like the village idiot with this update so great job again as usual.
    Edited by patricknl76 on September 8, 2022 3:59PM
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭
    Can also confirm hitting the Dismiss button (anywhere from 45-75 times for me, so far) does work for me.
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • Arnessia13
    Arnessia13
    ✭✭
    Happens to me too on any loading screen, spamming the close button does nothing. Have to force close the game and log back in l.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not really a good solution, though, is it? I mean, oh just press a button 50 times and then you can play the game until you have to press the same button 50 times a couple minutes later. Sheesh.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No amount of mashing got me through it?. Kicked from 7 dungeons so far because you can’t even communicate to anyone
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This cannot be done on the console interface. I am on Xbox NA. There is no way to close the window. I've tried pressing any and all buttons many times.

I had the issue for two dungeons I queued for (Elden Root II, Volenfell). I was crown both times. It also happened again when I left the dungeons.

Good news is that the UI error timed out after approximately 4 minutes of waiting without reseting my console. But this is annoying for the group, and risks the person with the problem being kicked by a PUG while the crown stands around waiting.