The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Best thing about this patch is that i don't need arena weapons anymore

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Really, thank. I can finaly use a monster set and a mythic.
Plus no arena weapon farming is heaven. plus i do like dots being 20 secs.

I can't wait in 3 months for the game to be reworked again and get classes that do good dps now and gear sets tottaly killed not even nerfed.

But this 3 months will be awesome for many, so yeah!
Edited by francesinhalover on August 20, 2022 12:33PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't wait in 3 months for the game to be reworked again and get classes that do good dps now and gear sets tottaly killed not even nerfed.

Arena weapons are still good, just because something doesn't perform the best on the dummy doesn't mean it's the same in content.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing about this patch is that it was half reverted back.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭

gj dps lost)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, with the nerf to Unstable Wall of Elements spam, my first guess is that the Maelstrom destro staff is becoming essential to casual overland play.

But I haven't actually tested this yet.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, with the nerf to Unstable Wall of Elements spam, my first guess is that the Maelstrom destro staff is becoming essential to casual overland play.

But I haven't actually tested this yet.

overland play requires dmg?

or do you reffer to bosses and craglorn?
  • Talonlord
    Talonlord
    Zezin wrote: »

Arena weapons are still good, just because something doesn't perform the best on the dummy doesn't mean it's the same in content.

I can't speak for 2h since I never liked using Stampede myself, but while on paper the Maelstrom staff still seems perfectly fine, trading a little bit of single target dps (assuming good weaving) for increasing the damage to all targets in the AoE without effort, it turns out it got a secret nerf in that it now only affects WoE ticks while it's your active weapon. So you can no longer backbar it and have the efffect continue when you barswap.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talonlord wrote: »

I can't speak for 2h since I never liked using Stampede myself, but while on paper the Maelstrom staff still seems perfectly fine, trading a little bit of single target dps (assuming good weaving) for increasing the damage to all targets in the AoE without effort, it turns out it got a secret nerf in that it now only affects WoE ticks while it's your active weapon. So you can no longer backbar it and have the efffect continue when you barswap.

what's woe ticks... and why can't we backbar it
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's not a bug that we don't get buffs from backbar arena weapons? Why would anyone use them then, except for some niche scenarios?
  • Talonlord
    Talonlord

WoE = Wall of Elements. So now that the maelstrom staff increases the damage of Wall of Elements itself instead of light/heavy attack damage against targets inside your Wall, it only works when it's the active bar. Any time your Wall of Elements deals damage while you're on your frontbar (assuming maelstrom staff is backbar) the damage isn't improved by your maelstrom staff.

At least on the PTS that's how it works and on the live patch notes I'm not seeing any changes to that. I assume it's unintenional because the designer's comment implies that they didn't intend to nerf the set like that, only to shift it's power away from being dependant on weaving.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maelstrom 2h got wrecked. No reason to use it over Master's 2h any more.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WoE = Wall of Elements. So now that the maelstrom staff increases the damage of Wall of Elements itself instead of light/heavy attack damage against targets inside your Wall, it only works when it's the active bar. Any time your Wall of Elements deals damage while you're on your frontbar (assuming maelstrom staff is backbar) the damage isn't improved by your maelstrom staff.

At least on the PTS that's how it works and on the live patch notes I'm not seeing any changes to that. I assume it's unintenional because the designer's comment implies that they didn't intend to nerf the set like that, only to shift it's power away from being dependant on weaving.

I still feel like this has to be a bug. Since the Maelstrom Bow essentially works the same as the Staff does now and that works as a back bar item after a front bar swap as far as I know.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Maelstorm 2h is a backbar only weapon which enchances your dor, while master 2h is a frontbar weapon that converts cleave into a spammable with a decent damage. Kinda different designs, you know.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does that apply to endless hail and masters bow?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »

Maelstorm 2h is a backbar only weapon which enchances your dor, while master 2h is a frontbar weapon that converts cleave into a spammable with a decent damage. Kinda different designs, you know.

Hmmm, you must be one of the rare holdouts who doesn't run Oakensoul.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I still feel like this has to be a bug. Since the Maelstrom Bow essentially works the same as the Staff does now and that works as a back bar item after a front bar swap as far as I know.

This is confirmed as a bug and is scheduled to be fixed in the patch week of September 4th per Gina in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/615500/a-growing-list-of-all-new-major-combat-bugs-in-update-35-not-including-tooltip-bugs
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get arena weapons on normal fast. They are all back barred and you don’t need perfected versions. You are lucky it’s a guaranteed drop.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    get them fast? takes soo long with all the scripting in the arenas.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »

Maelstorm 2h is a backbar only weapon which enchances your dor

For PVE, sure.

VMA 2H was good in PVP as the frontbar weapon before Update 35. It was over-nerfed IMO.
    Edited by taugrim on August 31, 2022 6:39PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)