The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Magicka Sorcerer Bad in PvP ?

• Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    My main is a PVP magsorc for the past ~1+ year.

My PVP learning curve has been primarily figuring out which skills/classes work best in lag conditions.

Whirling blades is the winner, but pretty much any instant stamina based ability is far more reliable and effective than a ranged magicka ability, in common lag conditions.

Crystal frags are slow and awkward and EXTREMELY DODGEABLE. I’ve dropped them for crushing shock, which does minimal damage, but at least sometimes hits and interrupts.

Shields feel pointless unless I’m returning a relic flag or carrying the chaos ball. In combat they just suck resources and postpone death by a couple seconds.

Endless fury only kills inexperienced players with low resistance who aren’t running undeath.

My magsorc is pretty tanky bc I hardly use shields and is designed. to rely on streak and power overload. If either of these skills are nerfed my magsorc will have nothing.

Mine is similar atm, was using Ironblood, Master inferno and empowered overloads for dmge. My whole setup will be completely gutted next patch thanks to Crystal weapon nerfs, ironblood nerfs and enpower changes. Effectively my whole build has been nerfed to the point of useless. This was one of the 3-4 currently viable magsorc solutions and idk what next patch will look like until 8.1.4 now...
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its Not Bad But It Definitely Needs A Buff (Explain in what areas)
    Most of the time I main any one of my several magblades, which is a pathetic class, and rarely touch my magsorc so I can't be help with the reason it needs a buff. As one who on the receiving end of the pain from sorcs, it is not as bad as it used to be. I think they need buffs.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Bunny_guar
    Bunny_guar
    ✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    Magsorc main, 5+ years.

Magsorc is a relic of a bygone Era, my friends.
    But I still play a shield stacking, lightning hurling Zeus of a magsorc.

Okay now, changes I'd like to see:

-An increase in Crit Surge heal.
    -Remove the health cap of shields to deal with the absurd damage other classes can pump out, nowadays.
    -Have Curse apply some form of armor reduction, it's a curse after all.
    -Make Frag blockable but undodgeable, so we can have some reliable burst to our kit.
    I won't get into a tangent, just a few changes I'd like.
    Azura's blessings upon you, Traveler.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    Time to put the mag sorcs on the shelf or turn it into a support now. That's all the class seems to be good for in PVP now
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    Dead class.
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Time to put the mag sorcs on the shelf or turn it into a support now. That's all the class seems to be good for in PVP now

There are better classes for support so i wouldnt even call it a good support class
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    Yes, bad. I've played Sorc main since around release. I main a necro now.

Pre U35
    - Shields are not effective in the modern game.
    - Max magicka builds necessary for shields have no good sets available, with sets like Necropotence or Alfiq being entry level
    - Max magicka builds are penalized in modern game while max weapon/spell damage has access to a lot of percentage buffs
    - Class burst takes too many skills slots and GCD to apply, none of the skills hit much harder than other classes spammables.
    - Class heals are weak
    - Pets are ineffective in PVP for the most part, and downright risky with Vicious Death/Occult Overload bombers around

Post U35
    - class is generally nerfed into F tier
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc pets are generally a hazard. Not just in CP with bombers but because you don't control their positioning well so they are basically free heavy attack recharge fodder for the enemy. When attacking a keep I love sorcs on the walls, and I am busy heavy attacking their pets to spam purge and heals 8)

For CP it's now necro, vicious death, occult overload, dark convergence, bone goliath and what that lot proccing doesn't do for you lag will finish off.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (Explain why)
    katorga wrote: »
    Yes, bad. I've played Sorc main since around release. I main a necro now.

Pre U35
    - Shields are not effective in the modern game.
    - Max magicka builds necessary for shields have no good sets available, with sets like Necropotence or Alfiq being entry level
    - Max magicka builds are penalized in modern game while max weapon/spell damage has access to a lot of percentage buffs
    - Class burst takes too many skills slots and GCD to apply, none of the skills hit much harder than other classes spammables.
    - Class heals are weak
    - Pets are ineffective in PVP for the most part, and downright risky with Vicious Death/Occult Overload bombers around

Post U35
    - class is generally nerfed into F tier

This is all dead on. Pay attention ZOS:
    Any shield Sorc is always chained to alfiq, ritualist, or necro. You get ONE damage set maybe.

Meanwhile other classes are stacking 6-7K spell damage. You can’t compete with that.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    people mention crystal weapon but that is stamina. so you aren't magica if you use it.